1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from Its_Madison

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Its_Madison, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its_Madison

Its_Madison Professional Nerd

Member Name Its_Madison

Additional In Game Names: _Peridonyx_

How old are you? 17

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 3-6+ hours on Mondays and Fridays, 1-6+ on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (as much as schoolwork allows)

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 4-8+ hours (as much as schoolwork allows)

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's @CluelessKlutz, @GroovyGrevous, @KyloMeep, @Courtneyyy, @Noahnda

When did you join Meepcraft? June / July 2013

Introduction: Hello everyone, my name is Madison, and Its_Madison in-game. I am an 11th grade student enrolled in advanced courses on my online high school and at my local community college. I hope to major in either bio-psychology or chemistry when I get to university and start a career as a research psychologist or chemist. I am currently trying to get all of my chemistry, biology, and psychology lower level classes done for a bio-psychology degree before I graduate high school. I absolutely love learning about chemistry, psychology, sociology, and the inner workings of the human brain, and hope to do research on neurodegenerative diseases and their effects on society during and after university.

Besides academics, I am involved in several clubs related to my intended majors of study. I currently volunteer in a professor’s psychology lab at a local university once a month, and I hope to work my way up to become a full-time research assistant before I graduate high school.

When I am not busy with schoolwork and being in the lab, I enjoy reading, swimming, listening to music, and browsing the internet.

I was previously staff on MeepCraft from early March to late May of 2016. I left the team because I needed to shift my focus from MeepCraft to my schoolwork and some personal issues that impeded with my time the last month I was on the team. Since then, I have been able to balance my schoolwork, extracurriculars, and MeepCraft, and can confidently say that I have enough time to dedicate to moderating again.

Why should you be Helper? -Work Ethic:
    I have a strong work ethic, evident in my ability to succeed in high-level courses at school, my work in the lab, and my previous work as a staff member. As a staff member, I completed a great quantity of modreqs while also making it a priority to thoroughly complete all modreqs and make sure that players were satisfied with my service. I also completed outlines for some projects on Trello, most of which have been archived as of now.

-Professionalism: I have a professional demeanor, especially when it comes to working with others and helping people. I am open-minded and willing to work with other people’s ideas even if they conflict with my own. I am also a problem solver, meaning that I do not give up easily when I am helping someone that has a problem.

-Experience:
    I was previously staff for nearly three months; a Helper for exactly one month, and a Moderator for nearly two months. I know the amount of dedication and work that is expected from a staff member, and I know how to deal with the pressure that staff members often have to face.

-Activity/Availability:
    I believe that I am sufficiently active on MeepCraft despite schoolwork and extracurriculars taking up a large chunk of my time. Because I am enrolled in an online high school, I have quite a bit of flexibility with the times I choose to do schoolwork during the day, with the exception of a chemistry class I take at my community college. I am available on Mondays and Fridays anytime between 8 am to 3-5 pm PST, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays anytime between 8 am to 2-3 pm PST, and Saturdays and Sundays anytime between 10 am to 8 pm PST. I believe that my activity during the times when most American players are at school and players from other timezones are online sets me apart from the other helper candidates.

What are your weaknesses? -Immaturity: I can be immature at times. However, I make sure that I am only immature in the appropriate situations and that my immaturity does not get to the point where it becomes offensive.

-Shyness: When I was staff, I was too shy to give my opinions and, as a result, didn’t participate in some staff matters (except for modreqs, player reports, and bans). However, I believe I have improved significantly since my tenure; I am more comfortable in /g, discord chat, and forums, and I think that I would also be far more comfortable sharing my opinions with other staff members if I am accepted.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Thank you for reading my application! Please let me know if you have any questions.

qazini, Deljikho, Shellcode and 9 others like this.
  2. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

+1
    You help a lot in game and are pretty active on forums and discord
    Although I'm kinda concerned since we already have like 5 helpers

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    iKitten and Its_Madison like this.
  3. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Celebrity Meeper

I'll ask the question that most would be curious about;
    What could you offer to the server that no one else can?

After this question is answered, I will tell you my vote.

4. Its_Madison

I feel that I offer a unique perspective as someone who hasn't been staff since early 2016, when the player count hovered around 100-150 (more or less). During my first run as staff, I kept a high modreq count, due to my availability as a home-schooler, and was active during both peak timezones and timezones when few players were on. As I mentioned in my application, I believe that I have enough downtime during the mornings and afternoons (peak time) on the weekdays and weekends to be active at those times, because I usually choose to do my schoolwork/go to class in the evenings and nights.

Zoe89, iKitten, OKNEM and 3 others like this.
  5. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

You were brilliant, knew you'd do a wonderful job then and I know the same now. +1

iKitten, riri30 and Its_Madison like this.
  6. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

+1 I know for a fact you will do great again as you did last time! I can't wait for the chance to work with you :) Good luck!

7. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

You’re cool and you know your stuff.
    + 1

8. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Have not talked to you much, but from what I have seen you are very competent and helpful. +1

9. PrestigeTom

PrestigeTom Popular Meeper

+1 You are a Brilliant helper and you're always there to help me with anything.

10. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

As of last week before I was (shamefully) perm banned Meep had WAY to many staff online to the point they just started asking if anyone needed help with anything. I recommend taking down the application and re-applying when there is not as many staff online

Its_Madison likes this.
  11. Its_Madison

Thank you for your comment. Usually when I am on in the morning, there are 0-2 or 3 staff online. Of course, that may be different during your time zone. If I were to be accepted, I could help make sure that there is coverage during time zones when players other than those in America are online and when not many staff members are online as well.

riri30, iKitten, Pmx728 and 1 other person like this.
  12. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

Your dodging the comment...

Its_Madison likes this.
  13. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Meep's player base is currently increasing; it's been in the 50's to 60's or even 70's. I totally get what you're saying if the playerbase is about 30, then you wouldn't need as many staff. However with many players joining the server now I think you're gonna need a few more staff to handle the job and to work on the different projects to increase the player base even more.

Anyways, Madison, you're such an amazing friend and you're so niceeee and mature. I wish you all the best of luck! +1

iKitten, OKNEM, riri30 and 2 others like this.
  14. Its_Madison

I am aware that there are already a lot of staff members that are active during peak time, but I believe that there is nearly always work to be done besides shout moderation and modreqs.

riri30 and smk like this.
  15. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

I don't think she dodged your comment at all. Madison has pointed out that she can be active when it's not peak time. I only ever see you play in peak time, so unless you log on when it's quiet in America of course you'll see more staff as the majority are American.

As for the application:

Madison, I think you'd do a wonderful job. I was really hoping it'd work out for you last time and was sad when we never heard from you.

iKitten, OKNEM, Pmx728 and 7 others like this.
  16. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

This method of thinking has severely hurt the staff team in the past. Since when are there "too many" people doing modreqs, moderating chat, or working on projects.

Granted, I vary my timezone a lot, but the one constant I have is getting on every day about a half hour before towny time for economic reasons. For about the past 3 weeks+, it's one of two options. Either it's just myself, and there are open modreqs, or there's one other staff member. When someone is on, they are doing their job, but they should not feel like they have to stay on or the server will go unmoderated. Adding more versatile staff members such as Madison is a huge bonus to the staff team as a whole.

The concept of "too many staff" is hardly an issue now, nor has it ever been. Speaking from personal experiences, I frequently see high staff members being the ones moderating, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and it's in no way anyone else's fault, but time they spend moderating global is time not spent making improvements to the server. Being a team requires delegation, and helpers are a critical part of the team.

As for my own views of the application, it is one of the easiest decisions ever made. I cannot honestly think of a reason to be against this application in any way, and I truly do hope to see you as a member of the staff team in the near future.

iKitten, OKNEM, alex77034 and 7 others like this.
  17. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

+1 because ur fun to talk to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iKitten, riri30 and Its_Madison like this.
  18. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

same same +1

19. ldaffodil

ldaffodil Popular Meeper

+1

20. Spiderjel

Spiderjel Popular Meeper

Idk the man up the street gave this to me you want it. You do alright welp here take it. *hands the +1*. But seriously you would be a great addition to the staff team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.