1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from iKitten

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by iKitten, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

Member Name iKitten

Additional In Game Names: CuddlyKittens14

How old are you? 12

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 2-4 hours during the summer 0-2 hours during the school year

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 2-4 hours during the summer 1-4 hours during the school year

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? No

References: Please give IGN's
    Vexmae MerkIsSalty
    EllieEllie SpongeyStar
    lDaffodil MasterofBoom
    DarkKnight49 AdrianBFaust
    lollisweet101 EatSomeCheezCake

CluelessKlutz Viperfan17
    flamedemond2
    When did you join Meepcraft? 2015 on a different account - 2017 on my current account

Introduction: Hiya Everyone! For those who don’t know me, my name is Karina! Although I am better known as Cuddly, and occasionally CuddlyKittens, Kittens, or other variations. I am 12 years old, and I am in 6th grade this year. Some of my favorite subjects in school are math, ELA(English Language Arts), art, science, and my least favorite subject, is writing. However, I do like writing fantasy, fiction, and science fiction! And with some friends, I am been working on a story called Gummy Stein, gummy bears + Frankenstein = Gummy Stein. Anywayyy...

I love animals. And I learned that I loved animals the first time I went to the Animal Humane Society. I loved everything about it, the animals, the people, and when my friend told me they also had a camp… well after that, I went to that camp that summer. And now I can say with much happiness I have my very own kitty(I bet you wouldn’t be able to guess that from my name, totally)! Her name is Artemis A.K.A. Artemis the Huntress(The huntress part is very accurate)! And since I enjoy being around animals, I decided that I will want volunteer at the Animal Humane Society someday.

I also like to travel, which I guess might be from having some family halfway around the world - but it isn’t my favorite thing. However, I love going to the ocean! And collecting seashells and rocks is one of my hobbies. Just this summer I went on a road trip to Chicago. And I am learning Russian, I play the trombone, then I dance of course! And at dance I do, ballet(the original ;)), tap, jazz, and salsa(once). Additionally, I also do acrobatics(although I wouldn't say I am the greatest acrobat) and I am learning to code - a little.

Okay, and now… Storytime!! I started liking Minecraft from watching my brother play! I found it exciting and I thought it looked fun, and in the next couple of weeks after just watching him, I finally convinced my parents to convince him to let me use his Minecraft account to play. One day, I was just looking for Minecraft servers, on a website my brother had told about when I came across Meep! I looked at the server and I saw it had creative.

At that time I loved building and I had found out liked just being around other players (and until then I had been building in single player worlds, so lonely ;-; lol (although I did play some of the servers on my brother's list of servers, but they got booorrrinnggg)). I started playing Meep, and I loved the community! For some odd reason that I cannot remember, I stopped playing Meep for a period of time. But a year later(on my birthday) my parents let me get my own Minecraft account! Then sometime after that, I got bored of my brother's servers again(which I had conveniently gotten the ip's of and put in the computer I was using), and I was looking for a new server AGAIN, but I could find anything interesting. But when I got my old computer back and found MeepCraft was still on it! And I still love the community to this day :D.

Why should you be Helper? I would love to be a Helper so I can help MeepCraft thrive in the near future as Meep is pretty much like a second family to me and I want it to stay alive and bring others joy for as long as possible! More people come to MeepCraft every day, and I want them to have the same joyful experience I had when I came to Meep for the first time.

I generally like helping people, and I always try to welcome people when they first join Meep and help them best I can. Although sometimes I miss someone asking for help in the chat, I will sometimes just message them personally if their question didn’t get answered. And although I may also not be the most knowledgeable person of all the commands on Meep and rules, I do have a have a feel for most of the commands and I know the rules really pretty well.

Many people I know out of Minecraft say I am a hard worker because I don't like to leave a job half down would rather get it down all at one time and put my full effort into that thing. And although I may not be the most popular person or kindest person or anything on the server, I still would love to help out and even if I don't make Helper I will continue helping people and keeping everyone's best interests in mind.

Although I am 12, I feel like I am pretty mature for my age. When I meet people for the first time they sometimes think I am older than I really am. I also try to be as appropriate as possible, although I wouldn't say that I am a perfect citizen.

Then one strong spot of mine is I can be extremely patient. I don't get impatient that fast and I can be very patient when needed. When helping someone I won't just try to get rid of them as soon as possible if they are taking more than 2 minutes, I will always try to help them the best I can for whatever they need and when I have helped them with what they needed I just tell them they can always ask me if they need help with something else.

Then also I have quite the imagination. I love making up my own quests, silly videos, fun games, and just let my imagination roam wherever. However though I can be lots of fun at moments, I can also be strict if necessary, and although I don't really like being strict, I can, and I will if necessary.

What are your weaknesses? Though I try to be online for at least an hour a day if not more, I am not that active sometimes. Although I strive to get on more, there are days where I don't get on. In the summer though I sometimes go on vacation so I am on less, however also when it is summer I can sometimes be on longer. And when I am on vacation I make an effort to get on with Minechat and spend more time on MeepCraft Forums and on Discord.

Procrastination. Procrastination is one of my weaknesses for sure, I have been working on it by doing stuff when I think about it, and, well, just doing stuff before it should be done. Still despite procrastinating, when I actually put my mind to doing something I can not only get it done but also make it good. However, now that the school year has started and all, I have been working on my work ethic and have been putting my above all, and I always finish my work on time and sometimes early.

I am also shy. I try to confront my shyness by just talking to more people and just talking to them as when I get comfortable with someone I generally become more talkative and social. I do have quite the shell though if someone starts talking to me I probably won't be shy, I probably will overload them with words (that is if I can type fast enough xD). Nevertheless, even though I have been working on shyness, I am still shy to talk in voice chats unless I know the person really well, or I know that they are really nice people. But I am trying on to talk more on voice chats, and I have been working to get over that fear.

Experience is another weakness I guess, as I haven't really ever been staff on another Minecraft server. I have been staff on a Discord server before numerous times, but that is a little different. However I have never tried out for staff on any other Minecraft server before, so I may need some help when it comes to certain things. But I do know the server pretty well so that could count as experience in a way.

Another thing is: I am more a follower than a leader. I am more a team member than the leader, and although I can come up with ideas on my own, I am quite shy to share them, as I am always worried they will not good enough or just stupid. And sometimes I just think that someone else’s idea is probably better for some reason or another.

Additionally, during the school year, it is harder for me to get on. And even though I can usually get on on weekends, on weekdays I probably won't be able to come on very often.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:

Edited: Added flamedemond2 to references

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Very good application, I’d be interested in seeing how you’d fare in an interview.

+1

SuperDyl, iKitten and alex77034 like this.
  3. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

+1.

Cuddly! I am happy you finally applied! Out of all the candidates that have applied for staff, you are, basically, the only one that well deserves staff. You've always been nice to players, even when they're rude at you. You're so welcoming to new players, or at least from what I've seen every time I see you.
    I love your introduction, it gets me to know you better. I didn't know much about you other than you being one of the few kindest people on meep, and on other things. And I never knew you liked writing stories! I know who's attention that'll get @EllieEllie @EllieEllie @EllieEllie
    Your Why section is amazing. I have nothing really to say about it since I know that you'd be a great addition to the server.
    Your weakness section is great as well. When you get accepted as staff, you will improve on these things, such as your shyness or experience. The one thing I do fear, however, is that you'll be someone who may be so focused with Meep. Seeing that modreqs are barely made, you will probably most likely try to stay online all the time and try to get modreqs. However, looking at the increase of new players, this could change, and you may be able to get a modreq whenever you get on and off at your own pace, rather than what staff requires you to get.
    Your activity on all platforms of meep, the server, discord, and forums, is great. You're always active at all times, which is something staff needs at times. There have been only a few times when you weren't active for like a day or two but thats fine, seeing that you're still in school. Though I will ask you something, even though I'm a plus for your app.
    How will you contribute to the team? What makes you stand out from what all the other staff members already show?

Good luck!
    +1

SuperDyl, iKitten and onceuponajano like this.
  4. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Unfortunately I was going to edit my old post, but I deleted it instead. :/

From what others have been saying, I think you really deserve a shot at this. You’re friendly and nice, and a great canidate in my opinion.

Just maybe boost activity.
    +1

SuperDyl and iKitten like this.
  5. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

Ill go +1 but try to be on a bit more.

6. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Go Cuddly! <3 I know you'll do great, unlike me xD You're so kind and warming and friendly... nothing to loose here!

Sorry for acting like such an idiot at times people, vote for her! Not me, haha. GOOD LUCK CUDDLY!

7. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

completely agree with everything dark said, you should show me your stories sometime!

the staff needs more people focused on players and their direct contact with staff, I think you'd definitely meet those requirements. and hey, I wasn't that great at commands but I learnt a lot, I'm still not that great but I made it to smod by being friendly and getting help to players from the people that could provide it better if I couldn't. one of the best things you can do is just be friendly and show your willingness to help people or just chat with them. It'd be nice to see more than a few staff directly having a normal conversation with players and interacting in chat.

from personal experience, talking to you always cheers me up and I know it does with other people as well. you're active, helpful, and available on all platforms if you're not in game.

The main reason you were turned down last time was due to your age and people thinking you didn't have the mindset for it but I think you've really proved them wrong since then.

I think you have a really good shot at this, cuddly. +1, best wishes to you :)

iKitten and riri30 like this.
  8. Trexy

Trexy Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Good Luck!
    When I met you, I though you had to be at least 16.

EllieEllie and iKitten like this.
  9. onceuponajano

onceuponajano nump(t)y queen

Hi Cuddly, you're a lovely member of the community who has shown great involvement with players and staff. Only thing I would say is to boost your activity in-game but other than that good luck!

iKitten and riri30 like this.
  10. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Hi Cuddly,
    Honestly, you are one of the most, if not the most positive person in Meep.
    Always happy, always something nice to say and that makes you just lovely to be around.
    I think your “Gummystein” creativity could be of use to the team.
    You’d be a great asset.
    Massive +1, best of luck Cuddly!

EllieEllie and iKitten like this.
  11. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Never had a negative or positive experience with you, but Ellie and Dark like you, so you can't be all bad ;)
    I do want to know how can you benefit staff in a way nobody else can/does but I'm still a +1, you sound pretty cool (although I've never talked to ya on discord) you said you occasionally tend to be a follower not a leader, but I think if you knew you had the staff position to consider, that'd make it easier to act like a leader. +1 from me, hope you can be a good asset to the team!

iKitten likes this.
  12. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

You will be a benefit to the team, hope to see you join in near time.

13. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Really well written application, haven't talked to you much but this application was convincing! Like FamousZAmos said, providing an example of a unique benefit you would present to the team would help to strengthen it, but all around still a solid app.
    +1

iKitten likes this.
  14. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

Hello! Sorry about not mentioning that! I realized I hadn't said what I could uniquely bring to the staff team!
    I will add that in an additional message soon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 5, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 5, 2017 ---
    I feel that I could benefit the staff team with my perseverance. As of once I had my mind set one something I will try my best to achieve it in the best way possible and I will not give up until I feel I have given it all I got and that I have put my best effort into it. I also try to never get down on someone’s harsh words, and just brush myself off, then fix what the problem was or such.

I am also quite trustworthy person, and I do not to share any stuff that people may have sent to me, because generally that is probably private, and whoever sent it to me would probably not want me to share it. Then I am also a very reliable person. I will always be there for anyone who needs me and I don’t just leave in the middle of talking to someone or in the middle of helping someone.

And then I am also very optimistic! I strive to be hopeful and I always look on the bright-side as much as possible. I don’t think that as soon as I do something that I will fail at it and when I am unsuccessful, I always try again, and improve on what my weaker points were and are.

Here are some benefits on my part - if you feel it does not fit more benefits please just tell me in-game or on forums and I can provide some more! Thank you! :D

OKNEM, Trexy, onceuponajano and 3 others like this.
  15. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

hiya Kitten :D

you are literally so nice and amazing! back when you asked me to be a ref I was anticipating the day you would apply! (you said november :<) you're really helpful and active as well!

+1!

I'd love to read your gummy stein story! I love gummy bears....heh. There's a cool reading and writing website where you can read other peoples stories and give your stories for feedback to, I can message you on discord about it :D

iKitten likes this.
  16. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

Oh, of course!! Sometime I gotta show to you! And the writing website you are talking about - that would be really cool to check out! I would love if you could send it to me :D

SpongeyStar, Trexy and onceuponajano like this.
  17. minetifa

minetifa Celebrity Meeper

evilalec555 likes this.
  18. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

I read the current pending applications about a week ago and decided that since my time back has been short I would not give an opinion on this round of applications. I have not had the pleasure of seeing the applicants in action. (In Game, Forums, etc.) so thought me posting a +1 or a -1 would not cool.

I changed my mind on your application.

I have seen you in game and across all of Meep. (Forums, Discord Etc.) being very helpful and connecting with other players, being very active across the whole server so I decided to give your application another read. I am very impressed. I think your application was well written and thought out. I also think you did well in answering questions fellow Meepters had on the application. I actually had to look twice to check if the age I saw on the application was right!

+1 I wish you luck

19. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

You have a CAT but NO DOGGO?!?!??

Strong -1.

Of course not +1

20. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

I usually choose not to comment on staff apps, but this one seemed truly genuine. I have only seen you on a few times and you seem like you truly do help and appreciate this community. So I am going to have to wish you luck on your meepcraft journey and give you a huge +1

SuperDyl, iKitten and EllieEllie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.