1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from HatKid

Discussion in 'Denied' started by KyloMeep, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Member Name HatKid

Additional In Game Names: KyloMeep

How old are you? 17

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 2-3

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 3-4

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's riri30
    WhitespadeX
    Salatapeman
    NinjaRoxy

When did you join Meepcraft? Sometime in 2012

Introduction: Oh Christ, he's reapplying. Everyone hide is probably the right reaction and I don't blame you but oh well.
    Hi, I am James. There isn't much you don't already know about me from my last application. So I am a computer science college student now (after changing subjects) and I currently study networks and hardware (though I already know the topics from the course).
    I'm from the UK and was born in West Yorkshire though I've lived in North Yorkshire all my life.
    Some of the games I like to play include the Tomb Raider series, Life is strange, A Hat in time (from my profile pic) and sandboxes like Planet Coaster.

Why should you be Helper? Through the years I have played minecraft, I have been staff on multiple servers.
    I have previously been the Admin position of a large hub server for over a year (I worked my way up). This was because of my ability to moderate and set up servers. As well as this, I have had the privilege of moderating others smaller servers and getting to know what it’s like to be a staff member. This is not limited to towny either as I’ve had experience working in other fields such as factions, creative, kitpvp and minigames.
    Throughout my time at High School, I have taken on the role of ‘Learning leader’ (HAHAHA sad I know) by the deputy head which meant my job in lessons was to help people who were struggling. This would equate to my ability to help players in game as I’ve had a lot of experience helping people in real life.
    I have had work experience at UK Supermarket chains like Tesco where I worked in all sections of the store. I’ve worked on the help desk helping customers find their way, return products and with online features of the store. This means that I have had experience with handling customers in real life and it would mean that I know how to speak and handle situations.
    Throughout the time I’ve played this game, I have contributed many hours into helping players across many different servers. As this is the case, I have stacked up a large knowledge of how minecraft servers have worked as I’ve ran and developed many in the past. As well as this, I have been able to get a large knowledge of specifically economy plugins – including towny which will massively increase my ability to help players.
    Not only this but due to being staff on other large servers and working in retail, I have brought together great teamwork skills which will help me out a lot while working in certain situations, may it be bringing together ideas which will help push the server forward or working on a large grief/theft case. It also means that I have built up good leadership skills as I’ve had to, in the past, run sections of servers to push out updates or to help with training new staff members to get them used to the commands and working environment.
    While being staff on this server, I took on a few projects like player retention which basically involved bringing together ideas which would make newer players stay but also hopefully intrigue older players and hopefully bring them back as well. I have some projects unfinished and one of the goals for if I get accepted again (most likely not going to happen) would be to get these finished and if they get approval, push to get them implemented as swiftly and as efficiently as possible.
    I have good knowledge of commands as was shown from when I was previously helper so that won't be an issue when moderating the server. I know basically what needs to happen without going through the stages of the word documents like some have to which is good. It also means that if the small possibility of me being accepted actually happens, I wont need to be trained.
    From working as a moderator on the server recently (yes, yes. I know someone will bring that up in the comments 'Oh weren't you staff like a month ago?...) I know the optimal way of handling situations with efficiency and accuracy.

What are your weaknesses? Time management is one of my issues. Like from work, I can get caught up in doing something that I put too much work into one things and run out of time for others. This however can be addressed later.
    Spelling, my spelling has gotten better but as like it was before, it can show that I could be unprofessional or not qualified for the job.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Not really, that's it. Nice, short and snappy.

2. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

you were a great staff from when I played, so you could significantly help again. +1

boombox123 and KyloMeep like this.
  3. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I want to know why you left, but only if it’s not too personal; I’m not here to pry.

Anyhow, I’m a definite +1, I want to see you in interview

SuperDyl and KyloMeep like this.
  4. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

+1, I personally am a big fan of Microsoft Word

KyloMeep likes this.
  5. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I have never met you but as far as I can tell (unless you're really good at faking it) you appear to have the skills, determination, and knowledge most helpers would love to have after months in the position. Unless you have a bad past with the server or some extremely large weakness I didn't notice, you'd make a great helper!

smk and KyloMeep like this.
  6. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Hi there, Learning Leader,

First of all, you were an absolute pleasure to work with, let’s get that right. You knew how to adapt to many different people to insure the success of projects, and that’s a pretty rare quality. I also believe the reasons for your resignation were justified, and I do appreciate you coming back.

I thought you application was pretty decent, and I hope to work with you once more soon enough. Best of luck!

iKitten, SuperDyl, smk and 2 others like this.
  7. Lt_Sponge

Lt_Sponge Popular Meeper

+1 from your dreamteammate or just best friend Yuu

KyloMeep likes this.
  8. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

+1 no need to say why you were a great member of the team!

KyloMeep likes this.
  9. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Christ, he's got me figured out

10. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

fan man

+1

KyloMeep likes this.
  11. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Damn right. However, the fan has died. The wire has completely broken and the front grill has fallen off lol

Adam34falcon likes this.
  12. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

It'd be nice to have you back! +1

-good luck man

CasualNuker, SuperDyl and KyloMeep like this.
  13. JBock007

JBock007 Celebrity Meeper

This is my personal opinion, but I haven't seen a lot of activity for you playing, but I do wish you the best of luck. +1

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    KyloMeep likes this.
  14. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Can this just get accepted already he is more than qualified for this job also +1 if I haven’t said so yet

SuperDyl and KyloMeep like this.
  15. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Apparently you were a big meanie to someone. I'm a -1 until you can show me you are a big frendie.

KyloMeep and Vexmae like this.
  16. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

<3 I'll never be a big meanie to you

SuperDyl likes this.
  17. Fortemizuki

Fortemizuki Popular Meeper

I don't believe that we've met, but after reading your application I think its fair to say that I would like to see you interviewed. I do think your weakness list was short, however that depends because some people are just like that or they don't say anything into detail just yet.
    It seems like a "Too good to be true." type of situation and I hope that part is addressed. I also hope that we have a chance to chat in game or on discord to prove this mystery wrong. I wish the best for you on your journey for MeepStaff. A +1 for interview from me.

KyloMeep and Mettekes like this.
  18. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

In terms of a 'too good to be true' situation, my performance can be based off of what I did a bit ago. While playing on the server, I never really came across anything that challenged me. I was always able to complete modreqs (sometimes with a bit of help at the start but that got addressed), this was backed up by my ability to help with training. As well as this, I was able to run projects and coordinate tasks to other staff members to make the process as seamless as possible. I hope to have a talk in game soon, thanks for the feedback.

Fortemizuki likes this.
  19. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

What? It's a staff app on a minecraft server, lol

+1, I appreciate your honesty in our PMs, you do you boo. you'll be fine

Fortemizuki and KyloMeep like this.
  20. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

-1 I'm not one to say this, but it doesn't seem like we need more staff as is. Also didn't you just resign? Make up your mind :p

KyloMeep likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.