1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from GingerManOWNS

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by GingerManOWNS, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

Member Name GingerManOWNS

Additional In Game Names: N/A

How old are you? 17

Do you have TeamSpeak? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 1-4

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 2-7

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's Bob4444444
    juneIawnchaired
    MetzyX
    xMiku
    iiTzJDL

When did you join Meepcraft? Mid 2013

Introduction: Hey MeepCraft! GingerManOWNS here, also known as Austin. I'm going to tell you guys a few things about me. I’m on a lacrosse team. I play long stick middefield, which means I play defense when the ball comes to my team's side of the field and I hop on offense when I get the ball. I even scored last year on a goalie that was going to a D1 college (which is pretty impressive!). I also have a job at a major company which is stationed along the East Coast. I also weight-lift so I can stay in top condition! I took a break from Meepcraft for a bit, but now I’m back In spite of all my outdoor-hobbies. I still spend a good amount of time on Meepcraft and I greatly enjoy it. I usually spend my time online in Alpha because I own a very successful town, Butterland. I’ve been working on this town for about two years, and I don’t plan on leaving it any time soon. I like to play various minigames, even if there’s just a few Meepers in game. If you want to know anymore things about me don’t be afraid to ask, I’m always free to answer questions.

Why should you be Helper? Experience: I used to be a staff member for 10 months. My experience has conditioned me to be very good at dealing with all types of problems, answering any questions, and using prism commands. Experience is important because it allowed me to help the server in different ways, whereas someone without experience has to slowly build up to having a solid understanding of the tasks/responsibilities of a staff member.

Team Work: I'm a great team player. I've played lacrosse for 2 years so I play as a whole and not just independently. This helps us be more efficient. We need to organize tasks for all of the people to be able to pitch into. If we aren't working as a team then we won't be successful. The same thing applies for a staff member on Meep; if you can't work as a team member you won't do anything but bring your team down. The way I work on this is in my town Butterland. We always discuss things as a team there is never one person by themselves we help one another out, suggest things, report issues, and do community things together.

Trust: I'm a trustworthy person. I set this example both in game and in real life. In game, because I'm a mayor and it’s my responsibility to follow all the Meep Towny rules plus my own
    rules set for the town. I can be trusted in real life because where I work I'm actually told things before our other co-workers find out. The manager trusts me with telling me information because
    I don't go around telling everyone and announcing it.

Changed: When I got demoted I became an immature smart Alec to staff members because I was frustrated about something. In the meantime I’ve been working on this: I don't argue with staff members and I don't plan on it. I'm not the one to sit there and pick a fight with another person, I will assert my opinion,strongly, if needed. I’ve changed a lot in the time I’ve had to reflect on my demotion and I believe I will keep changing for the better.

What are your weaknesses? Anger: Every person has weaknesses and I do for sure. This may change how some of you vote me but I have to be straightforward with you I do get angry easily sometimes. But I've been working on this and I'm getting better and better with controlling my anger. One of the reasons I do jump to getting angry is because just some things people say get at me like if they insult me or a family member.

Forums activity: I'm not the most active on forums but I have been working on this greatly and believe that my activity has increased drastically in this aspect. I always reply to almost every suggestion and staff applications, while making an effort to do so in a quality manner.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I was a staff member from March 2014 to January 2015 - about 10 months.
    While I was a moderator I took a break. During that time, I was convinced to help out another server. But, when I was going to come back to Meep, I never really got a response from a leader at that time (not saying that the person who didn't respond to me was wrong at all.) If anything I was in the wrong for leaving to help out another
    server. I truly feel like I lost the trust of some current staff members, old staff members, and even some members of meep. I do apologize for my actions in the past, I shouldn't have done what I did.

2. Metzy

Metzy Popular Meeper

Ginger, I have known you since about the beginning of March and well idk what to say. Even though I used to dislike you (sowwy), you have grown on me :p You're a great rolemodel and you've matured even since I met you. You're a leader and a great friend.
    +1 Good luck <3

GingerManOWNS likes this.
  3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Excessively annoying and immature. I have not seen you help and the only times I've seen you on TS you were in the music channel.
    Forums activity is 'meh' past last wednesday.

I did not find you to be a good staff member at all last time. My modreqs with you were not solved very well and I even had to remind you that you're still doing my modreq once. I never saw you helping and you had similar patchy forums activity. It was better on TS, though.

I didn't even want you as a staff member before, I don't want you here now. You've given me nothing to think you'd be a good staff member besides the app, and you know you need more than that.

big -1.

Inkfy, Toostenheimer, cooey and 5 others like this.
  4. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

hi ginger! I think your dedication is the thing that sticks out most about you, which obviously comes with other traits, like hardworking, good communication skills, and organisation (you always have a plan ready to go, even if something doesn't work out as expected). overall, your a pleasure to work with in the town and I think you have what it takes 8) good luck +1

GroovyGrevous and GingerManOWNS like this.
  5. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

You are the most hardworking mayor I have ever seen on the server. Your dedication, work ethic, and involvement in Butterland and on Meepcraft in general is more than incredible, and it's amazing how you've stuck along so long. You're determined to get this position, yet not desperate either. You've admitted the mistakes you've made, and you've moved past them for the better. You are all about Meepcraft now, and I don't think anything that happened in the past is going to affect you now. You really have changed over the past 10 months, and definitely for the better. You're kind, even though you have your fits a lot. You're an amazing friend, and I wouldn't still be here with you, and in Butterland, for almost 2 years of you weren't the guy you were. You are absolutely more than ready for this position.

+1

6. Klitch

Klitch

-1 for a couple of reasons. One, you're not very active. I almost never see you in game, on teamspeak, or on forums. Two, as Muunkee said, you can be very immature. I suggest becoming more involved in the community and more mature before you apply.

7. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

You are hardworking, patient and one of the best staff members I've had the pleasure to talk to. A huge +1 from me

8. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

Hello Ginger,
    My vote is a +.3 for now
    I have been in your town for about 2 years when I left the town to help a friend with his town for about 3 or so months you changed for the better and I have gotten to know you very well you are a nice guy at times, but you can be rude very often you are active in game but I never see you in TeamSpeak or on the Forums you are very organised and always have a plan for what to do you are a fun guy to be around I enjoy your company.
    Good luck!

9. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

Hello ginger! Here are my thoughts.
    -Your not that active.
    +Hard worker.
    +Good mayor and a responsible one (Saying that he will be responsible if he gets staff)
    +Good previous old staff.
    +Organized (When I was an assistant on butterland, you had tons of chats for Skype and you were very organized.)
    I'm going to have to say +.25. If you get
    More active I will be an easy +1. Good luck!

10. ImNotBlonde

ImNotBlonde Celebrity Meeper

Hi ginger! You seem like an interesting person. It kind of seems like you just recently spiked in activity due to wanting to be on staff again, however. I don't know you very well personally because I've never seen you, which is surprising since you said you were staff for 10 months and there hasn't been a 10 month period in meep existence that I wasn't playing. Anyways, definitely a candidate, but I'm not sure right now would be the right time.
    Keep in mind that being on staff before doesn't equate deserving staff again after a quiet return to activity. :)
    Good luck!!
    -1 for now, but I'm sure it will be a +1 in the future.

11. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Definite +1,
    Hard working
    Responsible
    Great staff before
    <3
    +1

GingerManOWNS and GroovyGrevous like this.
  12. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+0.75, I remember you as a good and hard working staff member, just increase activity a bit!

13. Killdogx

Killdogx Celebrity Meeper

Hard-work-pays-off-+1

GingerManOWNS and GroovyGrevous like this.
  14. Mixifye

Mixifye Popular Meeper

Hey Austin,
    +I find you very nice
    +Past experience
    -Not that active now IG, Forums, and TS
    +Hard Working
    -Immature at times
    Overall I don't feel like you can be put back at the position because your too inactive and immature.
    If you got a little more active then you could easily get a +1 from me
    -1 for now (You probably don't recognize my name but I know who you are)

15. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

Accepted for Interview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.