1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from CasualNuker

Discussion in 'Denied' started by CasualNuker, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Member Name CasualNuker

Additional In Game Names: CasualNuker

How old are you? I'm currently fifteen years old.

Location: I'm currently living in Central Standard Time in Texas.

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 2-5

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 5-10

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's Mettekes, Cuddlykittens19, Istas_Sani, Rxdbox, Vexmae, and ForteMizuki

When did you join Meepcraft? I joined MeepCraft on December 19,2014.

Introduction: Hello Im Nuker as most of ya’ll know! Let's dive right in to this app! I was born September 3, 2003 in the small state of Michigan. I spent three years living in the state of Michigan until I moved to Texas when i was three. I've lived in texas for twelve years and I hope to never leave this wonderful state. At school I'm on the Student Council and I've listed how I've benefited being on the Student Council, I've learned very valuable life lessons on leadership and teamwork since you're trying to improve your school. I 'm also in Health and Fitness. In my home life i enjoy playing video games with my brother. I also happen to love swimming and hiking in the mountains of Arkansas. I've always had a passion for video games since I first started playing them when I was seven now I've developed some of my own games and I hope to maybe go into it as a profession when I'm older. I'm going to to my game life on meepcraft and what games I like to play. Most of you know I love Minecraft a ot but I also play several other games. I first joined MeepCraft a month after I got minecraft and I fell in love with it. I first joined the town of Detroit owned by twister307. In a few short weeks I got promoted to assistant of the town and loved it. Eventually I left to form my own town which I've done ever since then. I started Texas a small town with the Alamo as its spawn and it fell in a few weeks. I'm going to leave it there since it's many towns that I feel like we don't need to list here. I currently own the metropolis of Aurora which I love owning as it's a very fun time. I really love the community we have developed in meepcraft as it's just super fun to log on and see all these friendly faces. Well I think that concludes my introduction I hope you got to know my personal life and in game life with this part of my application

Why should you be Helper? I'm going to list some of my benefits if you choose to have me as a helper. I'm able to be online when a lot of other staff cant be online. I have a lot of experience in the field of moderating servers as I've owned several of them now. I always strive to give fairness to everyone even if I don't like that player at all. I've always been trying to be kind and back off when I realize the argument isn't gonna help anyone in the server.

I think I've gone over a couple of my good qualities if i become a staff member now I’ll be explaining why I should be chosen as a helper. I'll be explaining the paragraph above in these next few sentences. When I log in after school or Saturday mornings I notice there's around ten-twenty players online with no staff. If I'm accepted I could be online when those ten-twenty people are moderating them. Since I've owned two or three servers over the years i understand how a staff should function and what my role as a helper is. When your a helper you are trying to keep the server together while moderating hand out most of the punishments with the helpers alerting the moderators of the troublemaker who is breaking rules.I fully understand my role in the meepcraft staff system if accepted and I'm prepared to make any changes needed to myself. This part may be hard to believe but I'm really trying to be better about arguing with other players on meepcraft. While I’m playing I try to keep mostly keep quiet if someone insults me or my town which is very hard at times. Now this one is extremely hard to believe but yes I'm working on it, I'm really trying to be fair and see everyone's point of view when I'm talking to them which i feel like is a very big role in being a staff member to see everyone’s point they are trying to make. I'll quickly summarize what you just read here. I'll give fair judgement to everyone. I'm trying to be kind and nice and not argue. I'm online when a lot of other staff aren't online. I think that brings to a close of why I think I'm the perfect candidate for helper. I hope you consider letting me serve you as a staff member of meep.

What are your weaknesses? I believe my weakness’ are the following which the community has told me and what I've seen in myself. I tend to be very immature in forum posts. I tend to not go through on my promises in my town or in global chat. I also tend to argue too much on the debate threads when someone has a different view than I do. I'm also a very defensive person over my town and friends sometimes where I get in trouble with it. I've listed the weakness’ the community sees in me and what issues I see in myself. I'll start explaining how I'll fix these issues. In my forum posts I will not go on the posts that may make me upset or start to argue with people on the thread. In my promises I promise to do many awesome things like subways and towers but in the end I never fulfill those promises. I’ll start by not promising things that I realize I can’t do in my own time. Example, Subways in the city of Aurora or updating my housing for residents. I'll also mention that I don't like people who insult my town or friends. I'll start to insult them by calling them rude and offensive to my city and eventually staff interfere. I'm really trying hard to not get in fights over stupid things like that. I feel I can fix all these issues by just trying to ignore people I don't like on meep. I'll also try to stay away from the debate threads. I will avoid any type of argument I can even if they insult me.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I’ll let everyone know I do have a MC server which is for friends and family I also use it for builds and world exploring. I have no intention to grow it over 10 players. So I hope that ends this really long application and I'll quickly summarize everything here on the application. I'm going to strive to be fair and mature if I'm accepted as staff of meep. I hope y'all will give me the chance to be a helper for you guys here on meepcraft. I cant exactly think of where to put this part of my app so I'll put it here since it's info I want you guys to know. Of course as most of you know in my first 2-3 years I got banned a lot I believe four perms and ten temporary bans. I realize a lot of you may take into consideration those bans which I understand. Thanks for reading this application!

2. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

No.

I've posted my opinion on Discord already and I'll post it here again.

Long story short; you are self-centered and wanting of the position just for the sake of recognition.

FYI: The moment I looked at your application, I instantly noticed the absurd amount of times you used the word "I"... so, just to entertain myself, I decided to put your app into a text analyzer.

You used the word "I" 115 times and the word "my" 25 times. Not that it proves anything, but it's a really strange coincidence considering my first point.

3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Tips for applying for staff? you literally posted this two weeks ago

and your attitude is atrocious - see quotes
    You don't 'tend to be immature in forum posts.' You just ARE immature. I honestly thought you were like 11 until you posted the thread about getting your permit. You tend to do things for the glory of having giant super cool ideas and projects, and every single one falls though.
    So will this one.

4. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

>Makes thread about Tips for applying
    >Says he wont apply
    >Applies anyway

As Munkee said, you're not staff material.

Marshy_88, BlackJack and Muunkee like this.
  5. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Before I say this, I want you to know I'm not doubting your opinion.

So, how can you tell if someone wants a position for recognition? Seems like a good thing to learn if you're managing a company or in a case where you have to promote some people

SuperDyl likes this.
  6. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

I don't want to go too much in depth here, but I'll say this.

It is not uncommon to have qualified psychologists present during a selection process/interview/promotion for important positions (be it the military, aviation, etc.). This has a very good reason.

How is a company manager/recruiter/interviewer supposed to decide on the viability of an applicant purely on their CV and a relatively short interview session? They usually do a pretty good job, but you can fake a personality to a certain extent. A trained psychologist is supposed to catch this.

Now... what does this have to do with this poor guys application?

If I haven't had seen anything from him in-game or on the forums before... I'd still probably vote no on his application, because it honestly is just poorly written. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's an actually nice person fit for the 'job'.

The thing is, I've seen his behavior around here and I don't need to be a psychologist to be able to subjectively say that he is not fit to be a helper. You also don't only want to 'just' accept applicants as helpers, you are looking for potential moderators, smods and eventually admins. I don't even see him getting to the first step, never mind the rest.

So to answer your question; if you want to promote people, you better make sure to know them well. Get peoples' opinions (like we do here, on this thread). If it's an interview... well, you better trust your gut damn well.

Muunkee likes this.
  7. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

To be completely honest, I think you need to mature a bit more. I know I told you I would ref you, but I still feel as though you should be a bit more giving and mature. Also, I feel like your application is a bit lacking. You said that you started it weeks ago, and you had been working on it for a long time. If that was the case, I should expect a lot more. Sorry man, good luck though! +0

SuperDyl likes this.
  8. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest,

I said I would be a reference, but that was being on the fact that I told you to apply later, I said that now would not be the right time and I was willing to help you make people have a better mindset about you, the fact that you didn't take my advice and just apply just shows how power hungry you are, I said to you that your application was great, just tweak it here and there, but I said specifically not to apply because I know tons of people that would deny you if they had the chance, and you agreed and said you knew that too, I said to work on your reputation before applying, because honestly, your reputation currently is truly shocking, you have been banned, warned, kicked and you know that you're not the most liked person in the server, that's not to say that can't be changed, sure you can never be the most liked person in the server, as that's always changing (waits for @Kling to say that my opinion bs and that he is) You can always work towards it, But let me say this, you Didn't put the work in, and you Didn't Change your ways so people would see your potential, so, you've gone against what I've said and I don't think I would like to be a reference anymore. Knowing towny commands doesn't mean you're a good town owner (not targeting you, talking generally), why would that kind of idea change for being a staff?

Talk to me if you have a change of heart.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  9. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Please remember to keep all comments relevant to the application. Posts simply making fun of someone or something will be deleted.

SuperDyl and evilalec555 like this.
  10. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Alright, have it your way.

lol

11. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I feel like a broken record because I’ve given you genuine advice that I feel like hasn’t been clearly fixed.

My opinion hasn’t changed since the “tips for applying” thread, and I highly suggest you look over my comment there again. I made that comment directly on issues I’ve seen/had in the past.

You have to mature. And I’ll try to go into what I mean by “mature”, because I care enough about you because you care enough about the server.

You need to take the image people had when they originally think of Nuker or NukeLuke, and kill that image. In the past there have been instances where people in the community have baited you into making a fool of yourself, then laughing at the reaction while you go on and make it worse.

First step to at least appearing mature is being able to handle trolls. You have to be able to keep you cool. You have to be able to manage others. You have to be the resolver of problems, not the cause. Learning how to manipulate situations into compromise and agreement instead of widening gaps between cooperation and friendship.

Next is learning to see from others perspectives, and being accepting of others opinions/wants/needs. You mentioned this in your weakness section how you get into heated disagreements easily if people hold an opposing view. While it’s really cool and makes you feel good to make that amazing comment that utterly destroys another person’s view, that isn’t how you want to treat others. Back to managing people, learn how to keep situations from escalating. Transparently analyze situations from someone else’s perspective. Find out why they think their opinion is the best, then use the same thought process, and if you still believe differently; then, explain your view.

I may come back and edit more into this comment later, but this is the last time I’m offering help with any of your future applications. You have to start taking advice that anyone gives you; I’m not going to waste more time trying to give you advice when you are not going through with any of it.

-1 for now. Good luck!

SuperDyl, iKitten, riri30 and 3 others like this.
  12. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

Huge -1
    Dude, you have your own server and it's not some private server that you play on with just your amigos.
    [​IMG]
    I'm 100% sure that it would be very unprofessional of you to try to be a helper on Meepcraft and try to grow your own server at the same time. Either get rid of your server or don't apply for helper. I don't really appreciate your attitude either.

13. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I understand you'd like to give back to the server but you're most fit to being a player. Assist people without the rank and don't be a part of most negative situations that happen on the server.
    You said it for me, cheers love.

14. Fortemizuki

Fortemizuki Popular Meeper

After helping you proofread your application, and reading some of it now, I saw you took just a few pointers from me. However I'm disappointed how it turned out. Since I'm always that "giving a second chance" type of person I said I would reference you, and see how all of this would play out. I don't know you personally, but I wanted to give you that chance. I read a few of our fellow Meepers comments on here and there are a couple that I agree with. Everybody CAN be immature sometimes and that's okay when its not disrupting the server, forums and hurting people when you're debating. But MeepCraft is looking for responsible, dependable and good hearted people looking to make a difference on the server. You have tons of ideas, thoughts and things you're passionate about. I think you're using that energy in the wrong way and things that you are/have been saying have been controversial and hypocritical. Maybe its best if you work on yourself right now and in 6 months to a year after you become who you want to be, and improve yourself, you may have a better chance of being reevaluated. A good start for you is to humble yourself here in the community, help out the new players if they have questions in /g and /tc chat. Begin to better yourself as a person, discipline yourself. This is going to take time, but if you really want this you will need to work on this things before you can achieve what you want. I'm always here to give you advice or talk to you, I wish the best. Its a no vote for me.+/-0

SuperDyl, smk and qazini like this.
  15. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

+1, even though you might be controversial (like me), you were a good mayor in Aurora while it lasted.

And not trying to get off topic or ruin the server's reputation, but its (Meep's) current user population is visibly starting to decline.

16. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

probably bad idea -1

17. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Hello Nuker. Unfortunately we have decided to deny this application. If you would like information regarding the reasons for this denial and tips for the future, please message me on any platform, and I will respond as soon as possible, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.