1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from CaliWahine

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by CaliWahine, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaliWahine

CaliWahine Active Meeper

Member Name CaliWahine

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? 26

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 5-7

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 5-10

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? No

References: Please give IGN's Qazini, Alphaprime1212, NinjaRoxy, Toby12f

When did you join Meepcraft? November 3, 2018

Introduction: Hey all! My name is CaliWahine, and for all of you who think you don’t know how to pronounce my name, don’t feel bad because half of it isn’t even English. “Cali” represents the fact that I was born and raised in Southern California and lived there almost all my life until about a year ago. “Wahine” (pronounced “wA-hEE-nAy”) is the Hawaiian word for “girl/woman”; right after high school I applied and was accepted to the University of Hawaii and lived there for about four years before moving back to California.
    Throughout my travels, I’ve seen and met many people and had so many great experiences. I love the water, I can’t get enough of the water, so living on an island was a dream come true for me. I’ve done some wild stuff like snorkeled with manta rays and swam in a place called “Shark Cove”.

For me, my favorite thing is being around people. No matter what the activity, I love spending quality time with people who mean a lot to me and getting to know or meet new ones. I game a lot, sometimes too much, in my spare time, but I also like to get out of the house and do other meaningful activities. I currently also volunteer at the local humane society and am working on becoming a mentor there to new volunteers.

I’m currently on-track to graduate in two weeks (eek!) and will then have a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership. From there, I have no clue what will happen, if some great job is just around the corner or if the work from home thing will be my life for the foreseeable future. Stay tuned!

Why should you be Helper? There are many characteristics that overall comprise a great Helper on Meep from what I’ve seen in the time I’ve been here, and they are equally relevant across the board. A great Helper needs to be relatable, kind, authoritative, understanding, inspiring, and impart wisdom. Comparing myself to these qualities, I feel confident about my application for Helper because of the quality of experience gained in such a short time in this community.

A relatable person is someone that gets along with and can easily flow into any conversation with a wide variety of people, which I do easily almost every day. I meet new people, chat about a variety of topics, and don’t think that anyone is afraid or intimidated to come talk to me about anything. Even as the mayor of my town, I’m always there to chat with fellow Mayors about things happening in their towns and what might be stressing them out, just because you don’t know someone isn’t an excuse to avoid them or know nothing about them. The people I see on all the time I that I don’t know I try to make an extra effort to get to know and build those bridges for the future.

Having a Helper that is authoritative but also understanding are unique qualities that not everyone has. This looks like someone who has no problem reading you the Meep rules and muting you for blatantly breaking them or defying them, but also wants to know the situation and how everyone got to where they are. A staff that just flies in to punish people is not the kind of person this or any other server needs and is not the type of person I would ever aspire to be in or out of Meep. Everything relating to communication boils down to context, so until you ask some questions and fully understand the situation from everyone’s point of view, you can never utilize your authority appropriately. I never intend or aspire to be a staff or even a person that operates in this way, I do and will always try to get to the bottom of a situation and emerge with as little collateral damage as possible.

Finally, being a person that inspires others and imparts wisdom is something I aspire to do and be in my own personal life and would love to be able to bring that to Meep on a larger scale. I think inspiring people to live and think outside of their comfort zone (i.e. join the Discord and be more sociable, or participate in an event they thought they’d never do) is something I thoroughly enjoy because I know how much it sucks to see all the good times pass you by and wish you had participated even a little bit. The imparting of wisdom, in my opinion, also ties back to being an understanding person as well. I strongly believe that every day we live on this earth we should learn something new, whether that be about games, life, friendships, etc. A day lived without something learned is almost a day wasted, and even on days where I think I learned nothing, it turned out I learned quite a lot. Being someone that can be there for others, listen and understand where they are coming from, and teach new things is someone I currently am and aspire to continue being everywhere I go.

What are your weaknesses? My biggest weakness is that sometimes I tend to allow myself to get provoked easily by others that I think are just looking for a reaction or rise out of me. In retrospect, I realize where things went wrong and when I should have shut it down sooner, but sometimes in the moment I get caught up with either trying to get through to someone or trying to make myself heard and lose sight of the bigger picture. This is something I’m currently working on, and plan to work on as much as I can. I don’t think this is specific to Meep, as I’ve seen it happen in my personal life as well.

Another weakness in terms of my application, not so much me personally, is the amount of time I’ve been on Meep. I have been here barely a month and compared to people that have been here 3+ years, that time is miniscule. I completely understand why people would down-vote this based on time alone, but in that month, I’ve done so much on the server and for the community. I’ve made a great group of friends, been staff in a prior town, started one of the most successful towns in the 23 days since its establishment and so much more. I plan to be around for a while and am currently on when most mods or admin aren’t online let alone on Meep, so I think that would be a positive addition to the community.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I just want the best for this community, and don’t want to continue to sit idly by when I feel there’s more I can do to help the community grow and evolve from where it is now. Regardless of what happens, I’ll still be around and helping in any and every way possible. It’s the quality of life, not the quantity, and I think that even if the numbers never go back to what they used to be, we can still have a rockin’ time here with the amazing people we see online every day.

Adrian, iKitten, Peero and 7 others like this.
  2. Lt_Sponge

Lt_Sponge Popular Meeper

+1 Because:
    1. You are chill and friendly
    2. - Timezone- Everyday you get on 2-3 hours before the peak when there are no staff on, if you get accepted the staff schedule.

iKitten and CaliWahine like this.
  3. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

+/-1 I like the application but you just joined last month which I feel you need maybe 2-3 months more to get people to know you and get more expieience then I believe you can get accepted! Good Luck

iKitten, CaliWahine and zsuzsu like this.
  4. PandaBear711

PandaBear711 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    I have seen you on the server alot

Adrian and CaliWahine like this.
  5. zsuzsu

zsuzsu Popular Meeper

Lol ur banned

6. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

The application itself was brilliant, and I see you online regularly which is good, but I think you should spend more time getting to know the community, commands etc etc and just spend more time being a player rather than jump head first into staff -/+

iKitten, riri30, Meznik and 3 others like this.
  7. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

I was waiting for someone to say this lol

CaliWahine and zsuzsu like this.
  8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepted for interview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.