1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Helper Application from agnd

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by agnd, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

Member Name agnd

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? 14

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 4-6

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 6-7

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? No

References: Please give IGN's @teddypines @iPolarFlame @_Bethany @Vexena @Achrow @_EggsBenedict_ @Qazini @lollisweet101 @riri30 @AdrianBFaust @AFreakingCookie1 @KyloMeep @Alexxx @CluelessKlutz

When did you join Meepcraft? April 21st, 2017

Introduction: Hey everybody! As probably very little of you know, my 1-year anniversary on Meep has just passed, and I thought it would be a good time to apply for helper, because it’s something I have wanted to do for a while now and I couldn’t think of a better time.

But a little about me: I’ve lived in NYC my whole life, and will be attending Bronx High School of Science in the fall. While it is going to a lot of work and finger-crossing, I aspire to go to MIT through the Regeneron Research Program. Outside of school, I have been playing the piano since 2010 and fencing since 2015. I’m interested in engineering, physics, astronomy, and philosophy and aspire to find work as a physicist later on. I am an atheist who’s been going to a small Catholic school since Kindergarten. I’m not much of a social butterfly, to put it lightly, and I don’t really fit in with the people in my school. That and the fact that I’m not athletically inclined pretty much shapes my hobbies.When I’m not playing Meep, I tend to read a lot, practice the piano, and, to be completely honest, look for interesting articles and videos about physics and real nerdy stuff like that.

Now compared to most Meep’s active playerbase, I am still a newcomer, seeing as most joined several years ago. However, I can say with confidence that I do not lack in knowledge or experience of the server in the slightest. And throughout my time on Meep, applying for staff crossed my mind several times, but only recently have I thought I was ready to do so. This server is the only one I have ever considered becoming staff on because it is the only one that I felt worth was worth it. Meep is the best server I’ve played on, which is why I have a strong desire to give back to it.

Why should you be Helper? First off, I know that I can meet every standard a helper is supposed to meet. I can do that with enough effort that it will appear effortless. But I also know that I can bring so much more to the staff team than simply meeting expectations. I believe that great things never have never and will never be done by meeting expectations, but by exceeding them passionately.
    Here are the my characteristics that I feel are the greatest qualifiers for me to be a Helper:

Likeable and a Team Player
    I believe that I am a very approachable person, and while my social anxiety disagrees, I like to think that I am generally well-liked throughout the server. This personability makes me easy to talk to in-game, over server-related discords, or on forums. Moreover, I am available and active on all of those platforms. This trait helps me work in a team, another strong characteristic that I possess. I admit I am more of a solo player, but I understand the sacrifices one has to make when working with others, and I have the capacity to take multiple ideas into account.

Unbiased & Persuasive
    Being unbiased is obviously very important in the job of a helper. I know that I am able to step back from any situation an look at it with a clear head and an unbiased viewpoint, even if the situation involves a friend (or an enemy) of mine. Whether it be mediating a squabble between my brothers, finding compromise when I’m working with classmates, or solving a spat in towny, I have always been great at ending fights. One reason I can do this so well is because I am very persuasive. Although I may not break bones, I use words as my influence. Hell, I basically talked my way into an instant co-mayor position at Polartown upon joining. Offline and at school, I can talk myself into (and, much more often, out of) things.

Humble
    I am extremely humble. To be honest, I am probably the most humble person I know in real life, or on the server. Most people’s inferior minds are unable to comprehend how humble I truly am. My enormous cup runneth over with such pure altruism you wouldn’t believe it. I am so incredibly amazing at being humble, in fact, that all people are utterly dwarfed in the epic shadow of my humility.

Passionate & Determined
    These are really two separate characteristics, and are by far my strongest, but I think they go hand-in-hand:

When I begin a project, when I start something myself, I see it through, and I see it through with passion. I make mistakes, and try again. Then again. Then, after that, again. How ever many times it takes for whatever I am working on to be the best that I can make it. I apply this in real life mostly to the piano. I do my best to practice daily, and I bang the wrong notes so many times before I have mastered a piece, but it pays off in the end, because I do not stop trying. As you may see from my seemingly overdone intro to this section in the application, I don’t settle for standard, yet I don’t aim for perfection. I aim for something that satisfies me, and I own it, whether it rises or crashes and burns.

What are your weaknesses? Procrastination
    I have trouble finding the motivation I need to start a project. When working on anything, beginnings have always been the most difficult part for me. Honestly, I’m a major time procrastinator, mostly if it is something I don’t think is important for me to do.

Scatter-brained
    I get distracted easily, I might be working on one thing and remember something else I need to do, and abruptly stop what I am doing to complete the other activity, therefore leaving some projects unfinished until I finally come back around to it later.

Unserious
    I don’t take many things very seriously, which can be a good thing certain cases, but sometimes I can act in an immature way and annoy people, or maybe I won’t handle a serious situation in the proper serious manner, and the other people involved could get offended.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Thank you for reading my application! Please ask if you've got any questions regarding the app.

I will crossing my trembling fingers for the next few months.

cooey, iKitten, Flamedemond2 and 8 others like this.
  2. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

+1 Good App nice player

Adrian likes this.
  3. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

+1. You are really helpful in Polartown and within Mystical. You definitely should get helper.

EllieEllie likes this.
  4. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

+1 I like you, you'll do good

5. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

I would've loved you to be a staff, until one message caught my eye:
    2018-04-30_04.46.14.png
    let the app take its course without trying to change the mind of others through brackets, -1, but Goodluck!

iKitten, Pmx728 and NinjaRoxy like this.
  6. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Making a joke in global chat makes you not qualified to become staff? That’s odd considering the current members of staff atm.

OKNEM, cooey, Sqreix and 13 others like this.
  7. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

I really don’t care about a few little jokes in global, it happens. You’ll do a good job.
    +1

cooey, Courtneyyy, iKitten and 4 others like this.
  8. NinjaRoxy

NinjaRoxy Guest

ahhh wish i didnt see this, apps should never be advertised in global. Especially like that

iKitten and Pmx728 like this.
  9. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I never really understood this.
    +1 mentioning your app online does not make you less qualified for the job

cooey, Courtneyyy, iKitten and 6 others like this.
  10. NinjaRoxy

NinjaRoxy Guest

It looks bad and is not needed

Pmx728 likes this.
  11. ekjhgekuie

ekjhgekuie Celebrity Meeper

Most people don't care. To me it seems like a joke.

+1 on the app @agnd, I'm certain you will be a great staff member.

cooey, Courtneyyy, smk and 3 others like this.
  12. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Everyone should be able to make a mistake or two, it’s not the biggest deal.

+1.

Courtneyyy, smk, Bob4444444 and 2 others like this.
  13. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

There's no context there with that screenshot, unless there was nothing else to prompt that comment then you've left out why it was actually said, making it not look like a joke when it actually was.

I'm not gonna let one small comment cloud my view whether it was a joke or not since I've seen some actual staff members say much worse. I think you'd make a good Helper, I've seen you around since you joined and you've made yourself a place in the community, +1 you'd be a good addition.

Also, I love this :D

cooey, iKitten, smk and 5 others like this.
  14. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

it looks unprofessional, and really isn't needed in global to advertise your app, I never said agnd wouldn't be a suitable staff, I just think that one act made it a little less unprofessional, in a sense of an application on a minecraft server aspect

OKNEM likes this.
  15. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

This. It's a Minecraft server, it was a little comment that clearly only the very small minority are worried about. If it was in a real job situation then sure, but we're volunteers and I don't think we should be so strict as to disregard someone on such an inconsequential thing. Going on Agnd's whole history, it would be a complete disservice to do that.

cooey, Courtneyyy, iKitten and 9 others like this.
  16. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

While I'm not a huge agnd fan, you're a pretty fine fella. I've never seen you be rude/toxic/funny, and you're usually online fairly frequently. I do think your forums activity is a bit lacking, and I don't remember you ever interacting on discord in the time I was there, but all in all, not a bad guy.
    +0.5, I don't see you being anything special but I can imagine you'll be a fine helper.

iKitten, Vexmae, riri30 and 1 other person like this.
  17. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

+1 Great person, You know your stuff, and well suited for the job.

agnd likes this.
  18. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

I'm so glad you said this, because the conversation in global was a pretty sarcastic one about favorite staff members, and whether people liked the staff, which is when I said that. I get why people would react negatively to that, but it's important to know that it wasn't out of the blue.

EllieEllie, alex77034 and Zesk like this.
  19. R0L0S

R0L0S Popular Meeper

+1, I don't really use forums, but I've seen you in game a lot. What I've seen of you has been nothing but good.

Zesk and agnd like this.
  20. AFreakingCookie1

AFreakingCookie1 Well-Known Meeper

+1 I think that you are a great person and would fit the job perfectly, and I can see that you put time and effort in your application

agnd and Adrian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.