1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Halo Multipliers

Discussion in 'Denied' started by qazini, Sep 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

I don't play minigames all that much, but I enjoy halo once in a while, and often I find myself annoyed that I win against obviously better players because of the multiplier. So, I have a suggestion to make games a bit more fair in judging the winner.
    The idea is this: all players receive the same amount of coins per kill, but when they are converting their coins to meebles they receive meebles equal to their coins x the multiplier. This means that the winner of the game will now be based entirely on skill, but everyone gets to keep the same amount of money from kills they would have gotten anyways. The prize would now go to the most skilled player, so though ranked people still get more meebles from halo, they can't rely on their rank to win games.

I realize that a change in how multipliers work isn't top of the list, nor do I know how much work it would take to change it, were this accepted, but I don't think there's any harm in writing the suggestion. If you have any ideas on how to improve my proposed system I would be glad to hear them. Thank you!

Adrian, cooey, SuperDyl and 3 others like this.
  2. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

As an avid Halo player, I've always been slightly bothered by this, as well. I might be rather difficult to implement because the Halo plugin runs quite different from all the other minigames we have currently. I'd highly support this idea in TDM, on the fence about FFA. FFA can go either way because skilled players can easily dominate over higher ranks provided the right circumstances.

Overall, I think it's a good suggestion, and might level out the actual playing field of Halo.

smk, cooey, SuperDyl and 2 others like this.
  3. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

I was planning on making a suggestion on this very thing, +1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

qazini likes this.
  4. IzzSt

IzzSt Celebrity Meeper

+1 Yeah :p

qazini likes this.
  5. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

+1, I would like that more as well,maybe than I could get people to play with me...

qazini likes this.
  6. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

Just a quick FYI, multipliers need to go away for us to be eula compliant so really multipliers need to be removed completely.

qazini likes this.
  7. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Just as Reggles said mutipliers will need to be removed, after we become compliant and things ease up we could possibly re add them in a way the benefits everyone.

On the shop for $5 purchase the 2x booster for [selected minigame] duration 30 minutes. All players playing that mini game will be boosted the same amount no matter what rank they are.

Have a rotation every 2 weeks a certain minigame will have a 1.5x boost: 1st Infected, next fortnight Halo, next fortnight Boomo, next fortnight CTF and repeat.

Possibly when the server reaches x amount of purchases in a month there is a random minigame booster that lasts a few hours.

These are just some suggestions, nothing staff 100% plan to do at this given time.

qazini likes this.
  8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepted to be re-adjusted in some way.

qazini and cooey like this.