1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Halo Fixes and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Completed' started by GodzillaGuy1997, Dec 5, 2016.

1. GodzillaGuy1997

GodzillaGuy1997 Well-Known Meeper

First up: Tech Fixes.

1. While in game, it would be great if the alert messages would stop popping up every once in a while, specifically the "MeepHalo" messages, because its really hard to see through the words.. also, with the HUD in general, it might be better up at the top?

2. When too close to a player, the meep player info pops up instead of shooting the person. This is quite inconvenient. If this could be disabled just in-game, that would be helpful.

3. This one is more of an issue for general weapons. The reload bar being your hunger, its really hard to run around to kill people if you are continuously losing run. If you could change this to perhaps your XP bar? The XP bar keeps track of your ammo count, but the little green part of the bar doesn't really do anything, and it would be great to use that instead of the hunger bar.

4. Perhaps the biggest issue I have with Halo.
    Since I am one of the players from the old server before you guys got it, the were a few features that are missing. If you go to certain maps and look up and around the map, you'll notice chests. These chests are remainders from the original game; they were care packages. After 5 kills, you would get a firework in your hotbar and you would place it down. This would grant you a chest from the sky, and only you could open it. It would grant you a few things. These items include but were not limited to:
    -grenades
    - a rocket (single fire)
    -more ammo

a cool addition to these would be some of the grenades from infected, like the fire grenades.

Secondary Fixes: Arch Fixes by map.
    I'm going to go through each map and try to describe it in enough detail to make it clear which map I'm talking about.

TDM

1. The map with the sand trail through the middle weaving through tiny hills.

This map is ok, but I believe the real game has little warpers at the top of spawn that put you in the middle somewhere. The launcher in spawn would work great for this, if you could implement them on the spawns, that would be pretty cool.

2. The map with the green airship that red spawns in.

This map needs a little work for the spawns. for red, if you could have multiple exits to the ship, or maybe a spawn point somewhere in the building below it as well, this would fix a lot of camping on the map. for blue, same issue. If they could have a way down into the building below them to get out a little easier, that saves camping as well. And if you could give back the turret guns from before, that would be pretty cool. the stans are still there.

3. The map with 2 small houses in a crater.

This map isn't any issue for small lobbies but it definitely needs more space to move. Maybe a secondary battle ground up top so you cant just stand there and spawn camp.

4. The map with the 4 beacons on top of the spawns. looks really cool.

No issues with this map at all. Good build.

5. The giant map with 2 bridges and lots of cars all around.

No issues with this map as well. Its a little much for small lobbies but there's nothing we can do for that except invite lots of people.

6. The map that's in a hanger I think? big green building in the middle.

No issues here as well.

7. Map that red spawns in a little room and looks like a mall in the middle.

this map is horrific to be red for. the spawn camping is ridiculous. please either make the red spawn inaccessible for blue or but a tunnel to get to the other doorway. this map really is heavily blue sided. put more exits for red.

8. That one nether map.

Ew. There's nothing particularly wrong with the map, but its just eh. Water is a little annoying and it would be great if It just killed you like the water on the bridges map.

9. Map with big fan in the middle.

Make the red team spawn accessible. it works for blue, it should work for red.

Other than that, I can edit this as I find more stuff, but I think that covers most of it.

Thank you for your consideration,
    GodzillaGuy1997

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    cooey, KyloMeep, SX1 and 3 others like this.
  2. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Only thing I would bother adding is the care package thing

3. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

-1 Halo is as good as it'll get, meep no longer focuses on halo... Etc

And I believe number two is on Trello

SX1 likes this.
  4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Hello Halo

Halo Hello

I agree with @Pmx728

Bye Halo

5. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Commenting around 12AM so I may put something I might regret. (Will edit later if needed)

first off, Ily for liking Godzilla. I loved watching all the movies (Godzilla vs Destroyah is my favorite) alright, enough fan girling over Godzilla. Next, I want to thank you for taking a great deal of time making this. I love it when people who suggest something go way into detail. Props for each map as well.

This is the first suggestion I've seen for halo that doesn't involve a shotgun buff... Shame on you!!! This minigame might as well just be scrapped. This is going to involve to much effort and to many resources because frankly, they wont ever fix it. I am not trying to sound like a douche bag. There are many fixes that should've been made when we had at least 100 people playing it at a time, but now I believe is to late when barely anyone plays there at all. The map designs, which are supposed to be inspired, aren't that good at all to be honest. They look like the maps but something like bloodgulch is way to open for any other weapons besides snipers to be used. (In real halo it's not a problem due to vehicle support, movement, and more accuracy) But when everyone can spawn with a sniper, whats the point in using anything else besides the sniper?

Ah this map. Battlecreek or Beavercreek (didn't realize halo remade this map) is the name of the map, and is another example of a terrible map. In fact, I think it's the worst one. It's way to small and spawn trapping is the norm. Considering the ranks had the "super weapons" (rocket launcher) it's was completely unfair for anyone to play lower than rocket launcher (I think it was elite?)
    +

I am suprised that out of every map, the most fair map I would've love to be seen added would've been this one (Zanzibar) halo-3-20070701092734669.jpg

TL;DR Just scrap it at this point. I bet no one plays it unless someone is giving away cash to the winning team. Way to many problems and you're just beating a dead horse. Paintball works better in minecraft anyways (which is what this basically is but with a resourcepack) Sorry if I came off rude anyone who is reading this.

Basically right when it came out. There wasn't any major changes for a long time. Promised future weapons (covenant, and I believe I recall promethian weapons when Halo 4 was about to release as well) Meh, not like it matters anymore.

Now back into my slumber before I go commenting on the other suggestions.

6. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Actually, there are quite a few players who regularly play this, much more than Infected or Boomo. I am one who plays usually about 10+ matches a day.

Pmx728 likes this.
  7. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

^

8. GodzillaGuy1997

GodzillaGuy1997 Well-Known Meeper

Alright, here we go. I'm doing all of this on my phone,, so I apologize for all of the technical errors . First off, you can fangirl away about Godzilla all you like. Secondly, I completely agree with you about the shotgun buff. It should be an i stakill when close range. Maybe a two block gap. Third, the map you called Zanzibar (or something) is included. I believe it made my list as the map with the big fan in the middle. Ranks no longer have weapons like the rocket, it's been disabled. I see you are an actual halo player, which may explain some disdain for the modded minecraft version you see here. Log in someday, I'll show you around. Also, a good economy reason to keep this is that people may start looking for it again, seeing as halo wars 2 is coming soon. This might spark interest in games again for people who aren't a part of the server already. But thank you. And I equally appreciate the effort you took in your response!

CluelessKlutz and SX1 like this.
  9. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

We will look into your suggestion.
    Trello

10. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Completed the suggestions which we intended to implement from this.