1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Guide to enhancing your meep experience w/ optifine

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by lanekids40, Mar 28, 2018.

?

was this guide helpful

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. I never thought it was that easy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

So as many of you know, I am always advocating for using the optifine mod. I am a supporter and thus my cape. Now most people on meep would prefer to stay away from modding as they think it is hard or would take too long and they are too dumb to do it. In reality, using forge for example, is only a 4 step process and can be done in minutes.

If you feel like you need reasons yo install here are some of mine:
    -cloud height: if you have tall buildings and clouds are getting in your way, you can use optifine to raise their height to the world height instead of y= 128 (the old world height)

-better grass: if you fell like the the side of the grass block is weird or you dont like how it disrupts the flow of hills or you possibly just dont like the texture on the side of the block, you can enable both fast better grass (puts the top texture on the sides) or fancy (if there is a grass block diagonally below the side texture will be made into the top texture. this applies to grass blocks grass path mycelium and snowy grass.

-connected textures: this is probably the biggest one for me, this will make glass, sandstone, iron, and bookshelves be connected and remove outlines between the blocks. This in general makes these blocks easier to use and look at.

-block rotation: in the vanilla game some blocks will have a rotation on them to break up the same texture.(place a flat slab of brick blocks and fly up) this will add this aspect to other blocks such as end stone, stone, and ores.

-inclusion of other mod features: the latest versions of optifine have included both the shaders mod and the dynamic lights mod.

now to get to the guide.
    installing mods is not nearly as hard as it once was so those who had problems in the past might find the new method as an open door.

step 1: download the latest version of forge from Minecraft Forge
    I find that the standard installer works best for most systems and the windows installer requires the computers admin password so thats a negative and I have never used the universal download so if you have issues consult the documentation.

step 2: find the forge installer and run it.
    a menu will appear with the option of a server install, a client install and a directory. make sure the client option is selected and click install. if you need to choose your directory, you probably know how to do this already.

step 3: find the latest version of optifine and if you know the directory of minecraft you can save directly to the mods folder this will skip the step of moving the file there manually. (if you do not have a mods folder yet, just make a new folder called "mods")

step 4: go to your minecraft launcher and click the three little bars, then click launch options. next click add new profile and in in the version dropdown go to the bottom and click the 1.12.2 forge version. go back to the home tab and click the arrow next to the play button, select the forge profile and run the game.

after you run the game you can configure optifine to your needs and as a side note: optifine does not show up on the mod list. however you can verify its installation by seeing the version on the title screen and in game via the debug menu (F3 or fn+F3)

links:
    forge: Minecraft Forge
    optifine: OptiFine
    minecraft directory: .minecraft

bloodyghost, KyloMeep and EllieEllie like this.
  2. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

You don't need forge for optifine

alex77034 likes this.
  3. lanekids40

yea but it makes it run better. oh and the optifine installer is aids

4. IzzSt

IzzSt Celebrity Meeper

how?

5. lanekids40

forge optimizes your game in lots of ways. for example, whenever you run a new game from the launcher (without forge) you get a multiplayer key (this is dumb), but forge gets the key whenever you log on to a server. another way is more in depth debug info along with seeing memory used during game startup.

6. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

What about betterfps or am I thinking of the wrong game

SpongeyStar likes this.
  7. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

I enhance my meepcraft experience by not joining the server

8. lanekids40

better fps works*

*for singleplayer only tho