1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

GIANT Halo Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Denied' started by PseudoGod, Nov 21, 2017.

1. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Celebrity Meeper

Hello, this is a compilation of ideas/revamps that spider and I thought of in the last 2 weeks whilst playing halo. I hope these are decent and whatnot.

Key to reading this thread:
    red = some form of nerf or important change
    green = buff or some form of postive change
    blue = new addition or add-on

<= : less than or equal to
    >= : greater than or equal to
    --> : This becomes the new rate or result after the update
    Bolded words either indicate a new section or important/new term.

-------------------------------------------------------

GamePlay ideas

• Dying from your own grenade will result in a penalty equal to the kill credit of however many players you killed. If you took out two players with a grenade that also killed you, the points you get from those two players are given to you in coins, but you do not get them as points towards winning the game.

• For grenades, if a grenade hits a player directly, it is considered a “body shot” (even if in the head) and will instantly explode, killing the player and all players within a 2-block radius of the player. Otherwise, it would do damage equivalent of a grenade that hits the ground.

• Grenades will do kb upon explosion, if hit by the explosion. This will make grenade spam somewhat less effective as you’ll have to aim where the player is going to be once your first grenade hits them.

• Guns will follow quake mechanics- aka particle trail where shot and will follow a straight line path. Gun will be limited by 60 blocks but is instant speed.

• Triple the amount of bullets in a cartridge but divide number of cartridges in inventory by factor 3.

• Have the reload clock be displayed in the EXP bar instead of the hunger bar, as to not prevent player from running shortly after shot. The EXP bar currently holds the amount of bullets left, which should be in your hotbar anyway. If there’s more ammo than can fit in a hotbar, there could be numbers that show up on your screen to tell you if you have 2 or 1 bullets left.

• After every kill, receive 1 extra shot in their current cartridge, in order to kill as many nice individuals as possible.

• Reduce the bonus killstreaks give (10k% -> 5k%) but increase max KS bonus to 20 kills (40% -> 100% max bonus). Upon losing your killstreak, gain (10 * KS^2) coins (this is earned at the end of the game, only highest KS will be credited; 0 <= KS <= 10, any above is not counted)

• Decrease the time limit to 200 seconds (the longer a game takes, the bigger the gap between skilled and unskilled players)

• Upon a hit, you should be able to hear a sound effect or a chat notification indicating that you hit the player (right now there is no notification). It can be difficult to distinguish with the normal Minecraft hitsound, because it is the same for you being hit and you hitting another player.

Point Ideas

• All ranks will receive 100 points per kill, regardless of coin multiplier. These aren’t the coins themselves, but the points which count for a victory. The coin multiplier, on the other hand, remain and allow ranked players to make just as much as they would for the same amount of kills, but give players of lower ranks an equal playing field.

• Blitz streaks will reward bonus points depending on how long the kill chain is. This is a counter which resets 3 seconds after an initial kill and the timer will restart once a kill is achieved. At the end of the streak, gain 5*Streak^2 points, 2 <= Streak <= 20. If only 1 kill is achieved in the 3-second time frame, do not reward a blitz streak.

• Killing more than one person with an explosion from one grenade will reward the player points according to the equation (1 + (x-1)^2) * (100), where x is the amount of players killed by the single grenade. This calls for a quadratic growth because the incidences in which you get combo kills diminishes greatly per increase in player (a double kill is, almost infinitely more likely, than say, a pentakill).

Coin Multiplier Changes

To compensate with the new coin nerfs, but along with ways to gain coins, the following multipliers will be changed as well as coin value:

• Citizens: 1.00x Multiplier

• VIP: 1.50x Multiplier
    • Premium: 1.90x Multiplier
    • Exclusive: 2.25x Multiplier
    • Elite: 2.55x Multiplier
    • Supreme 2.75x Multiplier
    • Ultimate: 3.00x Multiplier

• Coin Transfer Rate: (100 Coins : 35 Meebles -> 175 coins : 35 Meebles)

• Coin Purchase Rate: (50 Meebles : 100 Coins -> 300 (-x) Meebles : 100 points) [elaborated later in this document]

Coin Changes

• Every game, the amount of coins one can earn from kills is 100% efficient until:

• 3000 Coins * Coin Multiplier for normal kills

• 2000 Coins * Coin Multiplier for Chain Streak

• 1000 Coins * Coin Multiplier for Grenade Combos
    • For every 1 point in the game earned, receive (Coin Multiplier) coins, up until this efficiency cap. All additional points will only reward (Coin multiplier) per 5 points.

• Team games will now reward (2000 * coin Multiplier) coins to the victors, with an added 100 coins * coin Multiplier for player count >2

• Solo games will now reward ((3000 + 250players) * Coin Multiplier) coins

Arena & Map Changes

• Currently, the sandstone map is the only one fitting for both small and large games, by player count.

• The large map, characterised by stone and stone brick buildings, is far too large, and half the map allows someone to jump off anytime into the water underneath and kill themselves. When combined with the fact that the map is gigantic, people can camp on the third floor of the building on the side and stay up there for an entire game once they’ve gotten a single kill (in a 1v1) and win.

• The large map is also simply bad for smaller games. You aren’t going to see more than six people in Halo during peak times, and usually nobody or 2-3 people who sporadically visit. This means that it’s probably worth removing rather than reoptimising, since anyone who decides to commit suicide would need to give credit to the last person who damaged them, and this would be very laggy to track.

• On the map that looks like building (windows, stone everywhere) and contains a central aisle with blue wool on the ground, make grenades a more integral part of the map, because this is the map where grenades are most effective. There should be 2x as many grenades given out to players and they should have a shorter cooldown between uses. This will play into the map’s design with corners and areas where one cannot directly shoot bullets, but might be able to use splash damage from explosives to kill someone. However, grenade suicide tactics must be nerfed severely for these changes to be implemented and remain fun.

• Nether Map: add a secondary spawn point somewhere or make the spawnpoints on the far edges where the doors are. It is currently either too easy to spawn camp or boost on this map, because the player is guaranteed to spawn in one place.

Prestiging + Leveling Changes

• Leveling up will be based on the following formula

• EXP (game) = PointAmount *(100 + (Prestige%))/100
    Point Amount = total points earned in the game (no coin multiplier is applied). If a win is achieved, Point Amount +5000. If loss, Point Amount +2000.

[​IMG]

Upon a prestige, you gain the following benefits:

• +25% EXP Gain (additive, first 4 rebirths)
    • +5% EXP Gain (additive, from rebirths 5 to 24)
    • +1% EXP Gain (additive, from rebirths 25 on)
    • Coin Multiplier +0.025 (first 10 rebirths)
    • Coin Multiplier +0.0125 (from rebirths 11 on)

• +1 Grenade at rank 0 to rank 20 (First 3 rebirths only, caps 10 grenades at rank 20)
    • +.05x multiplier to ammo amount r0-20 (First 5 rebirths only, caps 3.0x ammo at rank 20)
    • Coin Efficiency Cap + 300/200/100 (for each of the three categories, per rebirth)
    • Coin Efficiency Cap + 600/400/200 (every 5th rebirth)

• Coin Reward for prestiging: 100,000 Coins → 60,000 coins

Added Feature: Point Shop

A way to use points that aren’t violating the EULA

Potential Upgrades:

• Explosive Bullets: Y% chance for a bullet to explode in a 3x3 square around the bullet

• Chance increment: 0.5% Per Level

• Cost: 500x^3Point
    • Evasion: Y% chance for enemy bullet to do reduced damage

• Chance increment: 1% Per Level

• Cost: 1000x^3Point
    • Inquisitive: Y% chance to gain double EXP from any action which rewards EXP.

• Chance Increment: 2% Per Level

• Cost: 1250x^3Point
    • Miser: Y% Chance to gain double Coins from any action rewarding Coins.

• Chance increment: 2.5% Per Level

• Cost: 1500x^3+1000x2Point
    • Blast Miner: +Y Coin Multiplier

• Increment: +0.02 Per Level

• Cost: 2000x^3 Point
    • Ammunitions Expert: +Y Cartridge of bullets

• Increment: 1 Per Level

• Cost: 50^x * x^2Point (this isn’t meant to be upgraded highly)
    • Rabbit Speed: Gain Speed 1

• Max Level: 1

• Cost: 50,000 Point
    • Rabbit Hop: Gain Jump 5 (+1 from Jump 4)

• Max Level: 1

• Cost: 125,000 Point
    • Symbiosis: Everyone in the game, including yourself, gains +Y% Points from all actions (additive)

• Increment: 1% per level

• Cost: 250x^3 Point

Villager Trader change

Instead of buying coins with meebles, you now buy points with meebles. This is at 3 meeble:1 point rate, but upon purchase you will also gain (#point) coins, which acts as a small rebate to that price.

This makes buying things on halo (aka meeble sinks from the economy) sensical where it isn’t at the moment.

WIth this change, people can spend (a lot of) meebles in order to get very slight advantages over others, but no so big that it ruins the game. It would also be too expensive to even buy 1 rebirth worth of points (almost 1.5 million meebles), so people would still need to play in order to reach higher rebirths, which should now be a more interesting race with the dymanic multipliers.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Yeah that's basically it. No abridged version is available, but reading the colored text may shorten your reading time.

Enjoi.

J055Y_, riri30, 00000 and 3 others like this.
  2. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

3. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

-1 to shortened time limits. Skilled players should beat non skilled players, it’s bs otherwise, “get good scrub” is actually sound logic here.

+1 to just about all the rest, although I believe the point shop additions are a little too hard to implement and make from scratch, which might make that part of the suggestion impossible to implement.

4. PseudoGod

many fighter games, halo included, do benefit from having a shorter game time, so that those who aren't pros aren't completely wiped out of the competition.

I would agree that 200 seconds is a little too short (inexxer said 200s), but I think 5 minutes is still too long for a game of this nature. 250 seconds or 4 minutes would probably be a good compromise.

5. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Wonderful suggestion, the only things I am against is each rank getting a specific bonus since we want to become EULA compliant as well as extra grenades upon leveling because that takes away what halo is renowned for, which is everyone being on the same playing field. Even when I am not using the suicide tactic they play a huge role within my gunfights.

The shortened time limit to 4 minutes would be perfect because if there are other members that have the same view as I do the games feel dragged on.

6. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

kling I'm not advertising but on Mineplex if you donate you get a gem and treasure shard bonus at the end of games so I think the bonus is EULA compliant.

7. Kling

They are a minigame server and those gem and treasure shards go towards cosmetic items that do not grant an ingame advantage over others. In Halo the coin multiplier is used to prestige and make money. That means ranked players get to climb the level ladder quicker than others and make money much quicker than other players.

8. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

yea good point, I didn't think about the prestige aspect of halo. but the gems are used to get kits in games like meebles are used to buy items.

9. Kling

I don't play other servers so I was unaware of that aspect of the gems, while being lower staff I had been told that all minigame multipliers were being removed because they breached the EULA.

10. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

The suicide tactic should not even be a tactic, so anything that punishes people that want to play that cheap is good imo.

11. Kling

Why is it you have quoted me, are you agreeing with my statement or disagreeing? Having the grenade cap increased as you level does not combat the suicide tactic so I am confused, the increase in grenades as you level benefits me more than new players whether I am using the suicide tactic or gunfighting regularly which removes what halo is, a well balanced videogame.

12. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Sorry for not clarifying, the problem of the suicide tactic is addressed in the suggestion already.

So increasing the grenade amount by level or rank doesn't promote this tactic since it'd already be removed by this part of the suggestion.

(I couldn't tell where your stance was in your post regarding this tactic, so I can't tell you whether I disagree with you or not; if you are against the tactic I agree with you I guess)

13. Kling

I made the remark that grenades are used in how I play and many others so when I enter a fight with a newcomer they have 1 grenade to play with while I have 7. This removes what halo is, a balanced videogame for all players.

evilalec555 and GroovyGrevous like this.
  14. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

But the disadvantage isn’t based on a p2w basis, so any new player can just play and level up to get more grenades.

15. Kling

Exactly, players need to play for x amount of time to be at the same gameplay level as I (as in grenade amount, amunition capacity ect not skill) which is different from what traditional halo is all about.

16. PseudoGod

This is why I segmented coins and points, so that points contribute to ranking up and prestiging, NOT coins. Coins are simply the monetary reward, but it will not influence how much "EXP" you would get under the new suggestion update.

I think that coin multipliers should be accessible even after removal of rank multipliers by increasing the prestige coin multiplier bonus (+0.05 / 0.025 perhaps? it's a long term buff but a short term nerf due to removal of rank multis)

Kling likes this.
  17. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Thank you for making this thread... there are a lot of suggestions in here that the team working on Halo is reviewing. Now, since this is a large thread, it is not likely that everything on it will be implemented. That being said, since it is being reviewed, I'll go ahead and mark this as "Pending Final Approval."

Thank you for your contributions :)

J055Y_, CluelessKlutz and evilalec555 like this.