1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied GeoWat123 Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by GeoWat123, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoWat123

GeoWat123 Popular Meeper

Member Name GeoWat123

Additional In Game Names: N/A

When you were banned: 04/08/2015 (around 8am GMT)

Reason for ban: Sexual Reference (outside my control)

Ban Length: 3 days

Staff member who issued ban: __Zane

Why we should consider your appeal: I know it might be fishy, I know you might hear this all the time, but my brother thought it'd be hilarious (yes, the one who in fact used to play Meepcraft himself) to type many sexual (and in some contexts, even racist to a degree) remarks in my name. I know you've probably heard this argument before, but the only other time I've been legitimately temp-banned was during an incident wherein he provoked me to say a different sexual reference (that also resulted in a similar ban). I wouldn't even have been allowed anywhere near a computer had I refused my parent's instructions (almost definitely for longer than three days) and so this circumstance would have not been preventable also (given my brother's immaturity levels). I honestly apologise from the bottom of my heart to those involved or offended by these comments, but I literally returned that day and he already ruined it for me.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Honestly, I don't mind if you reject the appeal all because of the "brother did it" reason, but that doesn't excuse the legitimate case that many people will have. They can't just lie and say it was something else, just as much as they can't lie if said problem was the true cause. If you review the appeal, please take into consideration that the phrase reported does reference "arab milfs (sic)", but I was not reported for racial offense.

2. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

As said a million times,

your account is your responsibility, your brother on your account is no reason to make it okay for you to be unbanned.

While you apology is accepted by me, however I cannot speak for the server and who was offended by your comments.

CreeperCristi and TheFurtiveDude like this.
  3. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

This appeal is denied. People are responsible for their accounts and their IP. And to address your last point in your post, you could be right. It is completely possible that someone went on your account and did bad things. The problem is, we have no way of verifying if its true or not. We have proof that you committed and infraction, but there is no evidence that undoubtedly proves someone else was on your account. In fact, we just had a case where someone said it was their friend, and we were considering if to unban him or not. and then we found proof that it was in fact not friend, but an alternate account. This is why we have the policy in place. People can and will lie to get unbanned and without proof of knowing truth from fiction, we have to retain bans like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.