1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights In 2018?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Zer0000000000, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Zer0000000000

Zer0000000000 Popular Meeper

Do you think Gay people should have rights? Personally, I think they shouldn't, or at least their rights should be limited, (like marriage, etc.) What do you think?

-
    PS I'm a strong believer in what I think is correct, don't hate me.

Pmx728 and FamousZAmos like this.
  2. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

Care to offer an argument for why you want to oppress gay people?

3. Zer0000000000

I wouldn't say oppress? I was taught that it was wrong to be gay- and even if someone didn't tell me it was wrong, I would still view it as unnatural in my eyes. Two men kissing is basically a double negative and doesn't provide the world with anything useful like children. IT really is Adam and Eve AND NOT Adam and Steve (Trying to lighten the mood, sorry xD)

Pmx728 likes this.
  4. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

Yes, obviously. They should have just as many rights as anybody, and you should know that. There is a correct answer here.

So it's a positive?

5. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

So the basis of your argument is your own dislike? You don’t even argue a global or more general reason as to why gay people shouldn’t have their rights, which comes off as pretty weak.

Why wouldn’t gay people deserve rights? I think the correct answer here is pretty obvious. Even if you disagree with how they feel I don’t think that adds any weight to the idea that people that are just like us should be oppressed.

Enron and riri30 like this.
  6. MeepLord27

Taking away someone's rights is oppressing them. We shouldn't sugarcoat the fact that you want to use violence to deny gay people their rights.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 7, 2018 ---
    I'm not concerned with what you were taught, I'm concerned with the truth. Are there any reasons you think what you were taught is true? Additionally something being unnatural doesn't have to do with it being wrong, we live in a society.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2018 ---
    A double negative is a grammatical rule. You can learn more with this super hip video:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2018 ---
    Are you okay with oppressing the infertile and the elderly as well?

J055Y_ likes this.
  7. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

The real question here is:

In the United States, don't they already have all their rights?

In the States, they're allowed marriage by decision of the Supreme Court (putting another nail in the coffin of state's rights), so what more could a gay possibly want? Everyone I know from the LGB community is happy and not interfered with by the government, so what more do they need?

Pmx728 and SuperDyl like this.
  8. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

lmaoooo can't believe people are still bothered by gay people it's 2018

i don't know how else to put it, I lost all my respect for you and you're stupid. your parents didn't raise you right, and they're stupid as well.

why would we oppress gay people with America's current state? Do you want to cause more issues? America is currently not leading #1 in the world for alot of things, but we are #1 for mass shootings. so you think it would be smart to not give a group of people rights? how about we stop giving Chinese people rights because of how their eyes look!

This isn't a debate thread, this is ignorance and a pit for inflammatory responses. This thread should be deleted.

Adrian, lollisweet101, agnd and 2 others like this.
  9. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

how do u plan on finding the 'truth' in a completely opinionated discussion? i don't see how ur gonna do this unless you've defined 'the truth' on some ethical axioms which u have yet to outline. the opinion with the better argument isn't truth.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

"Make it illegal because I don't like it!"
    ffs.

XxNine_TailsxX and riri30 like this.
  11. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Not going to support this guys ideologies but I'll shed some context on a comment.
    I think he meant (and should have rephraised it like) "what's the point of being gay"

However, it doesn't make sense that people should be oppressed because they are gay amongst other qualities of a person like:
    - computer science major
    - fortnite esports player

and other things that have nothing to do with being gay.

Use your brain.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 7, 2018 ---
    Edited.

12. WhoNeedsJimbo

I couldn't come up with any good examples off of my head, should have picked mathematician or something like that

I wouldn't mind them but if people keep bothering me about them then take away their right to twitch

13. MeepLord27

I mean the nature of truth is a philosophical question that would be kinda off base for this thread to discuss.

Enron likes this.
  14. J055Y_

J055Y_ Celebrity Meeper

Lol, just today I was at a wedding for a lesbian couple, and to deny them the love and joy that I saw in their eyes would be like taking food out of the mouths of children. They have a right to love, in the same manner as any of us do.

To say that you accept a perspective on life based on what you were taught is pretty closed minded. If everyone lived like that we'd still think certain humans were inferior and vaccines cause autism (granted there are still people who think like that, thus making the case for a larger quantity of people who lack basic cognitive functionality to see and think for themselves).

15. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

I think it's just something you gotta experience IRL.

J055Y_ likes this.
  16. Zer0000000000

I just think things should be traditional like they used to be back in the old days. Man loves woman, woman loves man. It should be as simple as that.

17. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

No it shouldn't, some men love men, some women love women, who are you to take away their right to love whomever they do?

18. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

What old days?
    Lgbt has literally existed forever.
    Even some animals do the gay.
    You just see more of it because the internet exists.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  19. WhoNeedsJimbo

Welcome to meepcraft.

Pmx728 likes this.
  20. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

why

Enron likes this.