1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Fred III's Guide to Villager Trading

1. Fred III

Fred III Popular Meeper

Villager trading can be a great, no-risk way to earn meebles, especially if you know a good technique for trading. It doesn't really matter what your rank is when you trade, since most of the items you'll buy will come from the v-shop anyway. It's worth mentioning that I taught a friend of mine everything you'll see in this guide and he made it to 4th richest in the server with only a Premium Rank.

First you'll need to know what villagers to look for depending on your rank, and what items you can get cheap. These are all of the items villagers will trade for and how to get them:

Farmer Villager - Wears a brown robe
    Wheat - v-shop or a farm
    Wool - v-shop or sheep farm
    Raw chicken - v-shop or chicken farm
    Cooked fish - v-shop or fishing. (usually too expensive and usually worth your time to fish yourself)
    Gold ingots - requires 8-9 ingots a trade which will cost you more money than an emerald is worth

Librarian Villager - Wears a white robe
    Paper - v-shop or you can craft using sugarcane (sugarcane is available on the v-shop or a farm)
    Book - v-shop or you can craft using paper+leather(v-shop)
    Written book - v-shop or you can craft using book+feather+inksac (inksacs are available at /warp shop)
    Gold ingots - requires 8-9 ingots a trade which will cost you more money than an emerald is worth

Emeralds + Book --> Enchanted books - This trade requires emeralds.

Priest Villager - Wears a purple robe

Emeralds --> Bottle o' Enchanting - This trade requires emeralds.

Blacksmith Villager - Wears a brown robe with a black apron
    Coal - v-shop or you can buy a stack for 250 each at /warp shop, Elites+ only: you can buy a stack for 215 each in the Elite shop
    Iron Ingots - v-shop or you can mine yourself at /warp wild
    Diamond - Do not give him diamonds for emeralds! You will waste your money every time!

Butcher Villager - Wears a brown robe with a white apron
    Coal - v-shop or you can buy a stack for 250 each at /warp shop, Elites+ only: you can buy a stack for 215 each in the Elite shop
    Raw Pork - v-shop (kill some pigs)
    Raw Beef - v-shop (kill some cows)

When you are ready to make a trade you should note: Villagers will trade 7 times before they lock up. Check how much of an item they require and multiply it by 7 to see how much you should get.

Once a villager locks up his trades exit out of the trade window and wait a few moments until you see swirls emitting from the villager. He is once again ready to trade, but this time with a new item.
    This is the part where you can really make money, when you trade with a Butcher it will pay off to spend a few emeralds to open up a new slot instead of killing the villager and getting a new one. This is because there is a large, cheap supply of Coal, Pork, and Beef on the v-shop. When you get a villager it won't take long before he wants to trade for 2 or 3. Let me explain how quickly you can make money when you get to this point. Suppose he wants 15 pork for an emerald, 15 beef for an emerald, and 15 coal for an emerald. 15 x 20(price of pork) x 5(average number of trades before you'll have to refresh) = 1500(what you'll spend). So that's 15 x 15 x 5 = 1125 for 5 emeralds. The same applies to beef so 15 x 10 x 5 = 750 for another 5. Coal is a cheaper so 15 x 4 x 5 = 300 for 5 emeralds. To recap you just spent 2175 for 15 emeralds. But, you can sell these emeralds for 475 each, so 15 x 475 = 7125. 7125 - 2175 = 4950. You just make almost 5k in a process that takes only a minute. The best part? You can keep doing this over and over again without having to find a new villager, all it takes is about an average of 2 emeralds(950) to reset all of your villager's trade slots. You can literally keep doing this until you get bored of trading.

Ready to sell all those emeralds you got?
    A guaranteed price to get them to sell quickly is 475. Anything less than 450 and you're ripping yourself off. Anything over 500 and it may take some time for them to sell. If you want to instantly sell your emeralds there is a shop at "/t spawn Riverdell" where you can sell a stack of emeralds for 30k (468.75 each)

Reverse Trades
    For this section I only included the trades where you could make money. Of course with both trades you'll have to figure out the current price of each to see if you should make the trade. When trading emeralds for enchanted books, you'll have to use your own judgement. The villager may want anywhere from 5-71 emeralds and you'll have to compare this to the value of the enchanted book.

Remember!
    -When a villager locks up his trade only trade once with his very last slot to refresh all the trades.

Tips:
    -To ensure you don't over pay for an item on the v-shop use this formula to be sure it's worth the trade:
    P=price of an item on the v-shop
    475=how much you'll get for an emerald. If you think you can get more put what you think you can get instead
    a=The amount of an items a villager wants for an emerald

P ≤ 475/a
    If you're not good at math the formula means that the price of an item on the v-shop must be less than or equal to 475 divided by the amount of an item a villager wants per trade.

-Keep a calculator handy, you're going to need it.
    -Check the v-shop often for the prices of the items you'll need for trades.
    -If you are a donator, use your /chest to store extra items for trading. When storing coal, convert it to coal blocks for extra storage space.

Have fun trading everyone, use this guide and you'll soon become a pro at trading.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. Zachpwnr

Zachpwnr Well-Known Meeper

Thank you! This has helped me greatly!

3. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

Awesome guide :)

4. JiraiyaSage

JiraiyaSage Meeper

check my balance lol, Fred's teachings got me there, also, reggles i was the one who bought all your coal lol got best butcher ever XD