1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

For Farmers to Capture Peaceful Mobs

Discussion in 'Completed' started by SaplingArcher, Nov 28, 2020.

1. SaplingArcher

SaplingArcher Active Meeper

For those unaware, the level 25 perk for Farmer allows Farmers to capture farm animals in the same way that Hunters do - shoot a farm animal with a tipped arrow and 3 diamonds (which will be consumed upon use). However, Hunters - according to /jobs browse - can capture peaceful mobs, whereas farmers are limited to only farm animals.
    This is a limitation i feel should be lifted on farmers, as the means to capture an animal are already difficult to obtain. I would imagine a hunter - whom gets paid for fighting mobs - would be more apt to challenge the ender dragon than the humble farmer would be. The reason i mention the ender dragon is because the ender dragon provides dragons breath - which is required to make lingering potions, which are in turn required to make tipped arrows.
    I do not see the harm in allowing a farmer to capture peaceful mobs outside of just farm animals, the most powerful peaceful mobs i can imagine a farmer to capture would perhaps be Horses and Villagers, but if this is of any concern, I would assume they could be excluded from the list.

2. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Thanks Sap for the suggestion. As it stands currently, you are already able to capture other animals at Farmer level 50! Moving to completed :)

BooBear1227 and SaplingArcher like this.