1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

/Fix Shop at spawn

Discussion in 'Denied' started by L0ST_CL3R1C, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L0ST_CL3R1C

L0ST_CL3R1C Popular Meeper

/fix used to be a fairly nice feature that I enjoyed and valued.
    As it seems that this has disappeared from player perks in meep, I'd like to make a different suggestion!

What about a blacksmith shop at spawn with a /fix sign that costs meebles to use? This would create another way to have an economy sink while allowing people to go fix their costly gear for a price.

2. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Question: would this decrease the market for enchanted items as people could fix fully enchanted tools and armor instead of eventually having to buy a new set?

3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Or you could fix your existing tools or spend minimal effort creating a new one

Pmx728 likes this.
  4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Maybe a fix note in the traveling merchant

boombox123 likes this.
  5. L0ST_CL3R1C

SuperDyl,

The Idea here is that fixing an item would cost a decent sum of money, like paying a real blacksmith to repair or reforge a sword, so where as this would allow people to repair some of their gear and items, I wouldn't think it would be cheap enough to have a super effect on the enchanted economy, an economy I and my brother would like to join in time.

Pmx728 likes this.
  6. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Thanks for the answer. I was just curious.

7. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

This seems like a good idea, but I think it'd be good if it costed more and more to repair it each time, at which it would cost thousands, this wouldn't harm peoples ways of earning money via god picks. and it will give a good amount of time to (Bond) with your beloved pickaxe

8. L0ST_CL3R1C

The Coding for that would be really hard I think as Minecraft doesnt give individual NBT data to identical items. Basically meaning the game would have to see if you had a new or old item to repair, which minecraft isnt coded for. I agree though that the cost of repair should be somewhat high.

9. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

unless the command /fix was implemented but anyone can use it but it costs meebles.

chaos546 likes this.
  10. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Minecraft keeps track of how many times you've repaired a tool. It's been costing me more and more xp to repair my pickaxe.

11. L0ST_CL3R1C

Yes, however using a command wouldn't change the item data in the same way. And minecraft only remembers a certain number of repair times. It's the same with enchanting, almost like an ID cap. You can only have so many modifiers as it were.

SuperDyl likes this.
  12. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

But in the past, /fix has a special tag on it that made the durability drop to 1 if someone other than an Elite+ picked it up. In that way, it basically prevented people paying Elites to /fix items for this. Couldn't this apply in a similar way to make it so that more meebles were paid each time a pickaxe with a /fix tag was fixed?

I honestly have no clue - just throwing the idea out there.

I think Vexmae's idea of having /fix as a command for everyone that costs meebles being a good idea. Perhaps to make it even more of a perk, it could cost less the higher your rank, or increase exponentially less - not sure how that'd be coded though.

13. L0ST_CL3R1C

If I'm not wrong /fix was removed from perks because of UELA? Might be wrong, but it's one of the things that disappeared from donor ranks.
    A shop at spawn means everyone has equal access to it and all wouldn't violate UELA. I also don't think people would really use it that much if it were more each time. Why not just use diamonds and an anvil then? I'm not paying 30k to fix a god pick after two fixes lol.

I believe what /fix did last time was to bind the item to your user id

14. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

/Fix was removed to to Eula, but Meep isn't Eula compliant now, and the reason it's been kept freezing m being reinstated is that staff wanted to keep a xp/enchanted items eco running.

15. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

It was, in May 2016, but so was:
    • /fly, which has since been added back (although limited)
    • /heal, which has since been added back
    • /feed, which is planned to be added back
    • Air Tanks, which has been added back
    • /smelt, which has been added back
    • and /nv, which has been added back
    Plus more. Meepcraft isn't exactly EULA compliant anymore.

The problem with not increasing the price is that it forces a set price for tools - all tools must be below the price for /fix shop or they won't be sold. This would encourage less player-player interaction, which is key. If it increases enough, that's the point - people start feeling it's ridiculous and just bite the bullet to get a new tool.

The idea of making the price lower/increase less for higher ranks was just an idea, it doesn't have to be implemented if this suggestion is accepted. I just thought it'd be a good way to make perks better while still not trashing the xp/enchanting/tool economy.

16. L0ST_CL3R1C

The idea of having /fix be a lower price for higher ranks wouldn't be a bad idea. If increased pricing were a thing, which I'm not necessarily opposed to, it shouldn't be ridiculous. I'm a little wary of the whole thing just getting screwed because it was decided to have idiotic price increases implemented. To be useful you need to have a good medium

17. Acceleradiance

Acceleradiance Celebrity Meeper

If you think about it, wouldn't /fix'ing a tool and buying a new one have pretty much the same end result? In both situations, you pay to get a tool with full durability again. For this reason, I believe that the only difference between your idea and buying a new tool from a player shop is that the former discourages player interaction. Why buy a new pickaxe from a player when you could just have the server indefinitely repair it for you at a cheap rate? I believe that the circulation of money through players is far more important than creating another sink in the economy.

18. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

You can quote other people's posts by clicking 'Reply' below the comment.

19. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Salutations @xAlexBearx ,

I don't like reply boxes. The make my posts ugly!

Sincerely,
    -SuperDyl

20. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

You could just repair it using an anvil and diamonds, which are very cheap from shop, their are public xp grinders and anvils everywhere!

SuperDyl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.