1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Eula loophole? (Ik this has been done to death)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by WeAreNumberUno, Sep 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Hello,

[​IMG]

Anyway, and I know this is probably just my ignorant fever dreams, but could the staff add some new "Staff" (Wink) ranks to the game, these "staff" ranks would have oddly similar names to the donor ranks with "staff' privileges that include abilities that these "staff" need to do there "staff" things, which just might happen to be the old donor perks, any moderation staff would be able to change a donors rank to its "staff" equivalent.

(Number of times said "staff": over 9000!)
    (Number of times used pointless and irrelevant memes: doge)

2. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

All these perks did was ruin the economy and make the game less fun.

Toostenheimer and CluelessKlutz like this.
  3. Klitch

Klitch

4. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

No matter how you feel about perks, this doesn't, and can't, work. Allow me to explain the logic behind this.

It doesn't matter what we call these ranks, they're still ranks. If we call them "staff" ranks, then what do we call all those who purchase these ranks at a later date? If we give these "staff" ranks to players who purchase them at a later date, then they are not "staff" ranks, meaning it still violates the Eula. If we do the opposite, then we end up with a dead server because only people who bought the ranks before have the perks, giving them a huge economic advantage. If any group of players has that large of an economic advantage, it discourages new players from even trying:
    No new players = no server income = server shutdown
    So, if we implement this, we either end up violating the Eula again, and getting shut down, or running out of funds, and shutting down. So, adding back perks in this manner is a case of "pick your poison."

Edit: In case you forgot, we also have this.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  5. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

Wow... That was extremely difficult to read. Like what even was that?

6. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I couldn't read your entire suggestion because all I saw was

7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Denied.
    We just cant do this. Its too complicated. And I know myself and many others prefer the server without the perks.

The perks do not make this server. The community does.