1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Dying from Hunger / Minechat

Discussion in 'Denied' started by sicklynerd, Apr 23, 2017.

1. sicklynerd

sicklynerd Celebrity Meeper

Short happy version (yay):

Meep had no choice but to remove all perks that are considered p2w, and decided not to give everyone /feed (so as to not break the eco). However, this is a problem for people who use minechat: they can die and helplessly be unable to type anything (I couldn't type /spawn, /msg anything: I got an error since I was dead).

I suggest:

1. Make a disclaimer than minechat is a no-go, and you're on your own if you use it.

2. Make a system where if you're not afk, but you're standing still (e.g. on Minechat lol), you will not lose hunger and thus not die (no longer losing all your items to clearlag after dying and not being able to /back).

Long, sad, boring explanation:

In Towny, you must eat in order to stay alive, and if you don't eat, you will die no matter what (your hearts do not stay at 1/2 a heart anymore when you have no hunger bars left). This was my expirience, if I am incorrect then I am incorrect. I'm assuming this is in place to help keep the economy stay great, since people must buy food. However, I was on minechat, (on my pvp, mob, explosions and fire disabled plot) and noticed that I couldn't send anymore messages suddenly because I had died (I was in Towny). I lost some god tools, I beleive, but worse was that I could not type in anything. I would get a message saying "Could not send message." This means that I had died, since you can't send messages or commands when you die (also minechat labeled my hearts at 0). Correct me if I'm wrong on not being able to send messages when dead. Even when reconnecting to Meep, I got stuck on this "Could not send message" error and thus could not /back to get my items after all of the shenanigans.

If you want photo evidence, ill hand it to you through forum pm or in-game.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Natsu and Pmx728 like this.
  2. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

That is a pain in the backside but I see no reason for us to make changes so players can use an application safely that was not made by Meepcraft, if it was a server application I would agree to make a form of change. In the future make sure to stay in spawn.

Marshy_88 likes this.
  3. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Minechat has an automatic feature that automatically teleports you to /spawn. and in that case, you don't lose hunger, you can't be killed and no mobs can hit you, it's your own fault if you warp somewhere or tp to someone and end up dead by mob or something

4. sicklynerd

sicklynerd Celebrity Meeper

Thanks for the feedback. I don't see any reason either. That is why I think it would be great for people to easily find in the guidelines/rules (wherever makes sense) that minechat is not supported.

Thanks for your input,

1. Not everyone has the automatic/spawn enabled.

2. Many commands are disabled in spawn. I can't do many of the things that someone would normally use minechat to do when away from their computer. Some examples are: /lotto commands (since it is time based now), /t commands, and /dice (since you have to be in the same world as your opponent, and most everyone stays in towny). These are just a few. It really just depends on what you need to do.

Again. Keep in mind that my point is either make it compatible or make it clear not to use it at all. Either are good options, just don't let it sit; people do use minechat.

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  5. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

I'm pretty sure you can't die in the towny spawn (/warp towns) so that should be safe place for players to use towny commands without fear of dying.

The afk plugin needs to be updated and there could be a way to fit this into it, but it's not something that will be happening immediately.

6. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

Walking and waiting does not decrease hunger, you'll remain at whatever you were at. I've played on survival servers where there wasn't a single block of grass 5,000 feet away from spawn, and I managed to trek for food without decreasing my health bar by not jumping and walking.

7. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

If this is a problem for you, enable the auto /spawn feature. Meep isn't responsible for deaths that happen on Minechat as you're using a third party to access the server at your own risk. Denied!

Muunkee likes this.