1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

DON'T 1.9 meep

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by fasehed, Mar 26, 2016.

1. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

Ok so I think many people can agree with me that 1.9 pvp is horrid, I really hope meep doesn't update to it and if they do, at least not in kit.

I bet you that
    @speedylemonade
    @Bluapol
    @BaM_Nitro
    @SuperVladimir

can agree, and much more people. Why you might ask?

Lets start with the worst part of the update, click speed.

Being that Minecraft has been bought by Microsoft their making it much more 10 and below kinda game. They think that pvp is just, get this "spam clicking" Because yes practicing jitter or butterfly clicking for months to get 15 cps is totally just "spam clicking" But them Microsoft people think it's completely depenoned on what type of mouse you have. And since a 7 year old cant buy one, they remove it.

But the thing is 7 year olds can't do it because they don't practice and give up.

Next the completely raped using rods for pvp. Instead of pushing the player back, get this it pulls them in. Lets take a server like badlion with their build uhc or mcsg with their sg. Now take out the rod, yeah insane right.

Again 7 year olds don't practice the art which is using a rod so they must remove it.

Wtf is this called? Sheil? Yeah cause being able to block like 50 arrows is a great idea.

The stone axe does more damage then a DIAMOND SWORD

upload_2016-3-26_16-55-17.png

Pmx728 likes this.
  2. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Yea I've tried 1.9 pvp and it's terrible. It's just way to complicated and totally different.

fasehed likes this.
  3. SillySilver

SillySilver Celebrity Meeper

Soo...just because of PVP they should not add 1.9? What about all other features 1.9 has? You wanna make sure some people don't get to use them in Meep? I would love to use Elytra, and many other new stuff, and maybe other people would as well. Some people don't pvp, some do it time by time and some simply don't care.
    Maybe 1.9 can be done without pvp changes? I'm not really sure how that would turn out...

4. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

For the zillionth time we can have 1.9 without the 1.9 pvp features. The end.

5. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

That actually sounds pretty cool tbh. If a player is almost dead and are running away from you, you should be able to "reel them in" and be able to finish them off. It's stupid chasing after the same person who is almost dead for 5 mins.

+1 for fishing rod. Gj Microsoft, you did something right.

6. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

again the selfish pvp Jerks that only think about 1 thing... Minecraft is made for MORE then just pvp... and if you Really want to be able to spam click... just get a plugin like this or have a developer look into something that just removes the attack speed limit.. (I recall that even being possible in just normal vanilla minecraft) https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/better-combat.19439/
    as for updating to 1.9: That is NOT YOUR CALL TO MAKE!! ACCEPT THAT ALREADY!!

7. HotAsianBeans

HotAsianBeans Celebrity Meeper

How about you chill. The dude literally said "I think many people can agree with me that 1.9 pvp is horrid, I really hope meep doesn't update to it." He didn't demand that we don't update to 1.9. He just said that he doesn't want to update to 1.9 pvp. Why is he not allowed to discuss IN THE PVP FORUM whether or not he likes 1.9 pvp? Even if he did say he didn't want to update to 1.9 at all, he's entitled to his opinion. He knows it's not his call whether or not meep updates, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't put in his two cents in the appropriate forum.

SuperDyl, fasehed, KyloMeep and 11 others like this.
  8. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

http://meepcraft.com/threads/what-to-change-in-1-9-release.57664/
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 27, 2016 ---
    1. Butterfly clicking is technically illegal as it uses another button and acts as a double click.
    2. You don't even need to jitter to be good at pvp. (I get like , 5-6 cps, which is what a normal person usually gets)
    3. Rods don't even work to hit players on 1.9
    4. Stone axes only do more damage if they're timed right.

I've tried 1.9 pvp and I actually enjoyed it as long as a few tweaks were made, like in the thread above

It isn't microsoft trying to cater to a younger audience, it's mostly to even the playing field between good players and bad players. I see what they're trying to do with the click speed, it's a smart idea in essence except the way they did it sucked. It's too slow, honestly I wouldn't mind a click timer if it was 7 or below because that's humanly possible without jittering

9. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

but its mostly true...

um isn't that logic

the shield blocks a lot of your view, and only protects you from arrows/attacks coming in from the hand you are holding it in. ontop of durability, it's pretty balanced.

diamond sword attacks 3-4 times a second
    stone axe attacks once every 2 seconds
    sounds good to me

asaerion likes this.
  10. Enron

Enron Celebrity Meeper

Honestly if you spend that much of your life learning how to spam click you probably don't have any opinions worth listening to
    Nice selfie

11. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

I can get behind this suggestion, as it adds 1.9 features without detracting from gameplay

Maybe another option is to add /warp oldpvp, which would be a terrarium world kept in 1.8

12. PrinceAdam

PrinceAdam Popular Meeper

1.8 pvp is way better because you are more weak in 1.9.

13. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

I thought this was a great idea, but now that I've thought about it much more, it would be awful to separate the pvp community even more.

14. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

In theory, 1.9 was genius. But the attack speed for standard is painfully slow. As I have said, I enjoy fighting even though someone better than me always comes along and wrecks me with ease. The idea Legend suggested is a far better solution.

SuperDyl and metr0n0me like this.
  15. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

Did you read it? I said and if you still are gonna 1.9 meep just don't do kit

Well I mean it's not that hard to spend 30 minutes a day practicing jittering, people like you that call it spam clicking can't do it so they just call it stupid.

<3

That's a cool idea

Also I forgot, RIP pvp montages.

16. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

why rip montages

metr0n0me and Pmx728 like this.
  17. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

how about everyone stops complaining and making threads about it... ive seen too many threads about it already...

BlackJack and CluelessKlutz like this.
  18. SuperVladimir

SuperVladimir Popular Meeper

idk i think servers can change the cooldown and dmg

btw minecraft is full of 7 year olds

19. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

I have tried the new PVP. It requires far more skill and precision than the old PVP. Although there was already a lot of skill in the old PVP, it was visually terrible. From the eyes of other people, those who may get the game, the old PVP is just a bunch of spam clicking. And people shooting fishing rods at each other. Sorry, what? That makes a lot of sense. What I've seen now that I've played a couple of years is that it is a lot more than spam clicking and aiming. But now, it is more difficult, requires better timing, and is a lot more pleasing to kill someone. It is simply because you don't like change that you don't like this. The shield requires lots of skill as well, and is a feature that requires a good amount of skill to use well. The fact that the axe does more damage than the sword is for a reason, it's because the axe cooldown speed is far longer, requiring even MORE skill to wield, because you have to land every hit to be effective.
    All in all, combat is far more strategy based, and in my opinion is better.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 20, 2016 ---
    You practice 30 minutes a day on Minecraft PVPing? Holy crap dude, that's not healthy.

20. DV___VS___H

DV___VS___H Celebrity Meeper

30 minutes is nothing compared to my 8 hour routine!

SuperDyl, metr0n0me, Lemoh and 2 others like this.
  21. Redolwolf

Redolwolf Popular Meeper

like u!!111111