1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Do you think the mods should warn you before they ban you?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FamousZAmos, Jun 17, 2017.

1. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

We've all been there. Everyone's flaming a mod, then sudddenly BOOM! You done got banned. A mod gives you the usual "I'm not your babysitter" speech and you make a ban appeal. Maybe you get back in, maybe you don't. I learned my lesson, so did you most likely. But shouldn't the mods say "Enough, or you get the boot" or maybe even "@ZAmos, don't make another innapropriate forums post or you're done." It only would take 12 seconds, and the mods might get respected (No names mentioned so I don't get Re-Re-Banned...again. Sorry to the mods I offended previously, you know who you are.)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 17, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 17, 2017 ---
    This was not meant as payback or to offend anyone, it is a legitimate question, and I'd like an answer. :3

SpongeyStar and SuperDyl like this.
  2. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

If this is when you were banned in game like 2 days ago, you were warned at least 2-3 times in global chat.

3. FamousZAmos

No, a different time. The time a day and a half ago klutch warned me like 3940562430958 times
    Just because they should doesn't mean they do

SpongeyStar likes this.
  4. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

If a staff member isn't following their rules, then you can report them.

SuperDyl likes this.
  5. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

So you're saying that even after having been warned countless times, after a day passed those warnings should reset and you have to get warned again? That's ridiculous.

Staff are very lenient already. In the past, the staff on Meep would just straight up ban you, no warnings, if you pulled the stuff you did in shout.

This doesn't happen to anyone but you. Don't flame mods (ie. break rules) and you won't get in trouble, it's a pretty simple concept.

Enron, Toostenheimer, Peero and 5 others like this.
  6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Here is your warning.
    Rules

It is not the mod's faults that you did not look at this or did not follow the rules. almost any public server has a set of rules, whether accessible in game or through the site. You can also get this link by doing /rules and i'm pretty sure there's a global advertisement suggesting that you do so.
    Either way, mods over-warn in my honest opinion. There is absolutely no way the mods did not warn you and they decided to immediately ban you unless you made some SERIOUSLY awful crap in shout.

Use common sense.
    From what I'mm getting here, you got warnings then a ban, and today/recently you were banned again. The first ban should be a reason for you to quit being stupid altogether.

The fact that you felt the need to even make this thread shows you know you are being a nuisance and the fact is, if you think you deserve warnings first, and you are DEPENDING on receiving the warnings first in order to not be banned, you straight up deserve that ban.

7. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

More people should educate themselves on the rules - the resources are right in front of you.

I just don't see how you could get banned once more after the initial ban and yet not put one and two together that you were doing something wrong.

MCEMINEM likes this.
  8. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

They do warn you and when it comes to the point that the situation is being absurd and nothing else could be done to help it, they ban you.

Here is an advice: if you have been unbanned and rebanned, you most likely haven't learned much and you are in no place to question any system. Improve your chances by stopping whatever you did to get banned :)

9. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

This is the biggest issue here.
    If you are flaming a mod, expect to be banned.

SuperDyl, Toostenheimer and cnkropp like this.
  10. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

If mods have warned you countless times, expect a ban by the third warning. Simple as that. Or maybe just don't break the rules in the first place.

11. FamousZAmos

The rules are 10% hype 4% substance and 86% bull
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 30, 2017 ---
    That's why I quiut, it's a waste of time and a pain

SpongeyStar likes this.
  12. MeepLord27

In what world did you think "flaming a mod" wouldn't lead to a ban?

13. FamousZAmos

Expressing your opinion is usually allowed on the internet
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 1, 2017 ---
    It's funny that this has become more about people whining about me than the actual issue. If you have a problem with me, take it up with me on discord some time.

SpongeyStar likes this.
  14. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Well I mean the fact is that its not the mods fault its your fault and thats why

BlackJack and Natsu like this.
  15. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

No one has problems with you, you have problems with them

16. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

If you are really wanting mods to warn players before banning them, you need a better pair of eyes.

Muunkee likes this.
  17. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

When has expressing your opinion in a hostile or abrupt way been okay?

Toostenheimer and Muunkee like this.
  18. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

1. Yep, people usually express their opinions, often without a second thought as to what they're saying and what their opinion really is.

2. People whine about you, @FamousZAmos , as the only presented example is about your ban. People would argue about the issue if they felt that the problem existed outside of someone the server feels regularly breaks the rules. If an example from a player which wasn't regularly causing such problems in chat were to be shown, then this topic would be treated as an issue.

3. It's probably best to take problems with individual players into private means such as creating a forum conversation or using an external program such as discord. This sub forum doesn't seem to have that problem, as the comments have been directly related to arguing the topic, but it's good to remember that personal problems should not be made public unless they are a serious issue and/or the other player is uncooperative.

Muunkee and Toostenheimer like this.
  19. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

This is an interesting post for an "introduction."

And for someone who "quit," you sure do a whole lot of complaining in a community that you're no longer a part of. And maybe you're right about moderators needing to warn before autobanning... but then again, maybe that mod had a good reason.

Ban Appeal #1
    Ban Appeal #2

I trust KD's judgement. And I'm not a huge fan of toxicity at all, and I know that no one else here is either... so please take it elsewhere.

qazini, SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  20. MeepLord27

Usually expressing your opinion is allowed on the internet.