1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Do we have a plan to regain our lost players?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Adrian, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

It was only 2 months ago when we had 40 players on Monday nights. Now, nearly 60 days later we are a 5 player hamlet. My question here isn't what happened, we know that the rapid drop was due to players losing faith in the staff team. Frankly, I've seen this story way too often, changes are promised (and sometimes made, in this case, it was the jobs plugin) but it all goes wrong and the player count pays the price. If this pattern repeats again, there will be no Meep. I'm curious if there is a plan to ensure that this won't happen again and also if we have a plan to get our player count rising again.

Trexy, Courtneyyy and SuperDyl like this.
  2. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

As long as the server scrapes enough money to run itself it will always be open. However the player base will never keep a sustainable amount of players until every aspect works.

3. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

fasehed, Toostenheimer, cooey and 4 others like this.
  4. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Don't invest anymore of your time on this game.

fasehed, Shellcode, Klitch and 4 others like this.
  5. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

theres no plan at all u idot

6. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Gedō - Rinne Tensei

Erebus45, SSSoul and Deljikho like this.
  7. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

assumed so lol the thread was more rhetorical tbh

fasehed likes this.
  8. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

I like this idea. And this person.

9. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

no

Adrian, Selchie and Marshy_88 like this.
  10. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

Meepcraft needs to legalize duping and X-ray and allow for a truly unrestricted free market

Trexy likes this.
  11. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Countries should really allow theft and counterfeiting money.

12. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

yes

13. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

:D

14. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

No it’s just called sit and wait for it automatically fix itself

15. Saiyer

Saiyer Celebrity Meeper

I don't think that's gonna work champ.

16. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

The main problem we had was, and is toxic players. Theirs no time I can even post on the forums without immediately being flamed. The player base took itself down while trashing every staff member that ever existed, but now asks us what the plan is. We (staff) are nothing without you (players). So its up to you all to stop the toxicity, get players to stick around, and us to finish the API and update to newer versions.

17. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I think that the toxicity stems from people no longer really caring about the game because its not as fun. It also appears as though there are spikes of staff activity and then prolonged periods of... not.

I miss loving the server but there's nothing to capture any attention anymore and it seems a lot of suggestions that get overlooked or forgotten.

I wish there were more events that were organized. Perhaps you can add someone with too much spare time to listen to the community and do more active engagement.

Prior to last friday, your last post was in Feb. I get that you do the whole behind the scenes work and all, but a forum post or two once or twice a week that would take like 5 minutes does help with a boost in engagement.

Can we talk on discord for a minute? I think it'd be fun to catch up for awhile
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 25, 2019, Original Post Date: Apr 25, 2019 ---
    Instead of directly going to the community and blaming us, making us upset and feel like crap, which leads to more upset and more toxicity, maybe you could let some of the smaller things go or look at the problems the person has and see if its its anything that can easily be fixed.

RaidByNightOnly and Adrian like this.
  18. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

a few days ago I seen'ed a few staff members. one of them hasn't been on in 34+ days it says. some haven't been on forums in a while. but on discord it shows that some are playing some games for ages but haven't been on meep in days.. yes they might be doing 'background work' but they are helpers and mods, what much background work is there to do? It's just nice to see that the staff would actually come online and show that they care about the server too. I'm not gonna pin point on certain staff I'm just sayin'.

(that was a bit of a rant oops)

I still love meep, I always find something to do on the server. I'm actually surprised I'm still playing, I thought I would have drifted away like most others have. It's not going to be the same because obviously majority of old players have just stopped playing meep or minecraft as a whole.

When I first joined meep I was welcomed amazingly, played all the minigames, joined towns. I want new players to feel the same way when the join meep now, too.

It's not like minecraft is dead or anything. look on other servers. 1000+ players.. I still see new players joining meep too, but I don't know for how long they stay. so it is possible!

I don't have many ideas to help but of course just work on what meep is known for - towny and minigames.
    all I can say is good luck !!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  19. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Going and blaming the players making you feel like crap? How about a little bit of ownership on the part of the player. Im not talking about ALL players obviously, but the ones who make players quit know who they are.

SuperDyl likes this.
  20. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

You are very out of touch with the community. You come in all high and mighty when the reality is you've played the same amount of time as I have. The OG meepers are upset with being told what they want from an outsider. This results in outbreaks of toxicity. Munkee also raises a very valid point: people are just plain bored. The eco is dead and there is no incentive to play.

Anyone who thinks Meep will rise again is delusional. I don't care if you're staff, an old meeper, or a random Joe. Meep hosts a dying game mode on a dying game with an aging playerbase. Most Meepers are either in HS or about to leave it. They've out grown it. If they want the community, they just join one of the various Discord servers which hold all the players with little restriction (such as the PG limit on the official Discord).

If everyone really wanted to see a change, the best course of action would be removing the rules forcing Meep to be G. Of course racist and illegal content should never be tolerated, but people are growing up. No one is going to join Meep to converse with the community of friends they've built over the last few years if they can't reference drugs, sex, or curse.

Even if that was implemented any benefits would be temporary. Just let Meep die. Eventually Fuzzlr will realize it's sucking too much money and just shut it down overnight without notifying anyone.

Adrian likes this.