1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Developer Application from Jax Arthur

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Etherion, Nov 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etherion

Etherion Popular Meeper

Member Name
    Jax Arthur

Additional In Game Name(s):
    ToodenWable

Discord Name:
    jaxarthur

When did you join MeepCraft?
    Technically in 2015 but just got back into things.

How many hours per day do you spend on MeepCraft? (average)

Have you ever held a developer/tech position on MeepCraft or another server?
    No

References (IGNs):
    Voluntarism (My brother so may be biased)
    Synergizer
    AdrianBFaust

Introduction:
    Hello, My name is Jax Arthur as you have probably guessed by my usernames. I main hobbies involve computers. I like to play video games, assemble computers, and tinker with Linux. If you get me started I can talk for hours about anyone of them. Im bad at making small talk.

Please describe your experience as a developer:
    I have been programming in a school setting for about 5 years an for about a year before that. There has been a big push in my area. I have always enjoyed it so I have taken as many classes as available because I struggle to work on my own projects I don't know why. If I say get an assignment for school or a project from someone else I can work for 8 hours a day on it I love it but if I come up with a game idea for instance I never even start it. Bit of a tangent but back to my experience I have taken concurrent enrollment programming classes for the past 2 years I was going to do it this year but Covid hit. I have mainly used python through the years it is definitely my favorite. I have worked with java before ComDev but only on small one off projects.

What programming languages are you familiar with?
    Python: This is my primary language.
    Java: For some reason it is very easy for me to understand so I prefer it over all except Python I also have some good experience with it.
    GDscript: I made a project for one of my classes with Godot I have some pretty good experience with it because it is so similar to python.
    Javascript: I know it but I hate it.
    SQL: If you count it as a language I just recently started using it with my last ComDev project not bad but It is some complex stuff.
    I have used a lot of other ones just experimenting around but I wouldn't say "I am familiar them".

What are you most proud of in your work as a developer?
    I made a plane game for the aviation class in my school while in the game design class. I had enough experience with programming that the teacher let me do it instead of the ridiculous unity assignments. Took me an entire semester mainly because I switched from unity to Godot but it was worth it. The art assets were not done by me. jaxarthur/PlaneGame

How do you plan to enrich the experience of MeepCraft with your development contributions?
    I just want to help with anything. I don't have any specific goals but I would like to help with the 1.16 update and really anything. You guys have much more experience than I do when it comes to what direction the server should go in.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:
    I have a ton of free time right now at least until January when I might need to go back to in person school. Not that I don't have school now its just that online school is very dense not all of the fluff that you have at school.

Do you have a GitHub account or personal website? If so, please provide the link(s) here.
    A decent bit of my work should be on here especially big projects.
    jaxarthur - Overview

2. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Hi @Jax Arthur ! Love the commitment you have put into Meep and cranking out some ComDev work. I think you and @LordMellow would disagree on Unity there, but happy to hear you enjoyed your game design class with the PlaneGame.

Ahaha, I'm actually quite the same way. If someone needs me to get something done for them, more than happy to do it. If it's something I want to get done, not quite as enthusiastic about it.

Looking forward to seeing your future projects!

Etherion and Adrian like this.
  3. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

+1

Etherion and Adrian like this.
  4. 417Mario

417Mario Celebrity Meeper

+1. We definitely need more devs/techs here, and by the looks of it you are rather qualified to be on the team. A side note: I did not know Voluntarism was your brother, so it looks like I'm not the only one with a brother who also plays on the server (417Luigi, though he has not gotten on in several months).

Iatemyfriends, Etherion and Adrian like this.
  5. LordMellow

LordMellow SuperMellow

Unity is fun to learn(-111111)! Ngl Godot also looks pretty cool, I might have to give it a go sometime. I've heard about your comdev work so its a +1 from me!

6. Voluntarism

Voluntarism Well-Known Meeper

+1 Who are you?

LordMellow likes this.
  7. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

Accepted for interview!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.