1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Dear Meep Staff (most of you)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ace, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

pls don't be toxec
    [​IMG]

boombox123, KyloMeep, riri30 and 11 others like this.
  2. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

These fuckin toxic players man jeez :mad:

Midnight_Galaxy likes this.
  3. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

4. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

thats a mood

KlutchDecals likes this.
  5. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

There is currently an issue of communication between staff and the playerbase. You say constructive criticism, but you have to acknowledge that there is a difference between bashing the server, saying things are bad but not giving an explanation as to why, and providing criticism as well as suggestions for what can be changed to better the server. I'm not saying it's just one sided though, there is absolutely an issue of staff communicating to players as well. I could be wrong, but I believe what the playerbase wants is a bit more transparency from the staff team. If staff are more transparent with what is possible to change and what is not with the current team, I believe the playerbase would be much happier. Also a bit of respect for the players would go a long way too. Just because someone starts bashing the server, does not mean they do not have valid criticism to provide. It's super easy for a staff to PM a member who is bashing the server in global and sort out what their problems with the server are and ask them what they would like to see change besides "needs more players." I generally like to believe that people have good intentions, so as long as staff are willing to not immediately put up a wall to people who start bashing on the server, I think conflicts will resolve much quicker.

But remember that change does not happen overnight, at least not with the current size staff team. It'll take time to repair things, but I think we're starting to move in the right direction. Please remember, everyone is human.

EllieEllie, LordMellow and Adrian like this.
  6. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

Mid did this honestly but they fucked her off from the team. Now we have someone who creeps up on forum posts and deletes them because it's "offensive". Must be a really sad life to constantly "moderate" a minecraft server forum just because the word that starts with the letter P is so "despicable"

I honestly wouldn't have any problems with this staff team if they have their focus on the right things but it seems like it's more important to bar players from the game just because they were having a little bit of fun with their friends. Take the party chat drama for example.

The sad part here which people can't exactly deny is that MOST staff are on their horses just because they have a "fancy tag". How do they have the audacity to talk about "change" and "feedback from players" When they can't even acknowledge to the community that "hey my bad I made a bad judgement" really just blows my mind.

Note to the staff team: Acknowledgement of what you did wrong is the most forward and easiest way to start gaining back the trust of your player base. There's really no point in promising more and more content to players only to disappoint them in the end.

Natsu, Pmx728, riri30 and 2 others like this.
  7. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

I never realized that PG-13 had so many different definitions till I started playing this server. It's cool for staff members to make references to pedophilia but I make a joke about onlyfans I'm in the wrong? Alright cool.

At this point I'm shocked they aren't banning people who have their own discord chats

Just want to reiterate this. The fact that meep refuses to admit fault in many instances is mind-blowing.

8. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

This is literally what destroyed the community and what will keep it that way. The fact that it isn’t addressed is just plain sad.

“They” don’t want the trust back, they don’t want the community back, plain and simple. The lies reiterated in the replies to the open letter and my own posts just lend credence to this fact. The one person who actually spoke out about this topic publicly this got forced out. That person should be an admin and not a citizen. I suppose that’s the price you pay for actually sticking to your beliefs and standing up for what you believe in.

The options have been for months: either play in their sandbox and treat them as royalty or f*** off and die.

Enjoying the status, power, and nametag? You bet your ass. If this wasn’t true they would have walked instead of watching their “leader and accomplices” exile the community, silence internal dissent, and let playercount drop down to the 1-5 range.

It’s worth pointing out that half of them don’t even play the game...Not to mention the fact that the admins sit invis on discord to avoid doing the job they volunteered for.
    (I call bullshit on any excuse to this, forum activity is quite revealing)

If you don’t want to interact with the community in an honest and public fashion and you don’t enjoy playing the game, why the f*** are you staff?

I have been waiting for the “leader” to acknowledge the damage he and his team have done, fact is, he believes he is right and that’s that. He feels it is more prudent to change the color of text on the forums.

85 days Clue.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Natsu, Pmx728, KlutchDecals and 4 others like this.
  9. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

As someone who has been part of the team for a while until not so long ago, there isn’t only a communication problem between players and staff, but also within the staff team itself. For some reason, in just a few months, someone managed to take control of the server, replace people they did not get along with, who were in key positions, with a few of their friends and consequently ran the server into the ground.

Staff are obsessed, for some reason, with keeping minecraft “secrets”— which is generally stuff that the community should have input on, like they would a CIA confidential file. There’s this facade that the team display of them seemingly being tight-knit, behind which everyone is actually willing to turn on each other for the slightest acknowledgement of good work, and perhaps even a promotion. It’s pretty ridiculous when you say it out loud.

The reason no one does anything about all these issues is because the team management were happy to shit on any person in the past who have in fact come forward and pointed out the facts. The only solution I see as of now would be to completely reset the server and start with a brand new staff team; in other words, start a new server with the infrastructure we already have.

10. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

If you don't keep new developments secret, other servers will use them to steal our playerbase!

11. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

If they’re eventually public anyways, other servers would just copy them when they were completed, if that’s something they really wanted to do. Also, what playerbase, lol.

12. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

That was part of the joke