1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Custom Worlds

Discussion in 'Denied' started by TimothyJH, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Do you support this idea?

1. Yes, strongly!

25.0%
  2. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Eh...

25.0%
  4. No!

12.5%
  5. No, strongly!

37.5%
  1. TimothyJH

TimothyJH Popular Meeper

Custom Worlds

Meepers seem to be upset about the EULA problems. Here is a part of the agreement that we can take advantage of possibly in the Commerical Usage Guidelines:
    Now, I'm not sure if this is what Mojang means by this quote, but if I'm right (deny this if I'm wrong), we can host worlds. There are server-hosting companies out there that take money for servers. We possibly could have sub-servers of Meep (like Spawn, Boomo, CTF, etc.) that are dedicated to "player-owned worlds". Players would be able to create a world that they have control over based on rank (Exclusive+ maybe?).

The charge for the rank would represent the charge for hosting the world (sub-server) as well. This seems to be EULA-compliant and could help Meep with donations. This is something that might be allowed that isn't cosmetic-based.

Each Exclusive+ (or whatever rank) meeper would be entitled to one world that only runs when they are in the world. The amount of RAM usage for the world could also depend on the rank; maybe something like this could work:

> Exclusive - 256 MB of RAM
    > Elite - 512 MB of RAM
    > Supreme+ - 1,024 MB / 1 GB of RAM

Due to possible world storage space issues (unlikely), one or more of the following solutions could be used:

> Limit custom world size (4,096 * 256 * 4,096 might work).
    > Store world data in a meeper's Google Drive (lots of extra coding though :().
    > Use Amazon S3 for storing world data (really cheap storage).

Due to possible RAM shortage issues, there could be a custom-worlds-running limit. As an example, maybe only 20 custom worlds can run at once, or only 20 GB of RAM could be used.

Owners of custom worlds would be able to change gamerules (doDaylightCycle, mobGriefing, etc.) and would be able to control the world's player limit, whitelist, and blacklist. Command Blocks (to a certain extent) should be allowed because meepers could then create high-quality custom minigames and host them on Meep. All gamemodes would be allowed, and chats would still be connected to custom worlds. There could even be TS channels and a forum dedicated to custom worlds.

This might take a lot of effort and work, but it could get Meep back on its feet financially.

Thanks for reading,
    ~ Tim

Flameguy25 likes this.
  2. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

My brother plays on a server with a plugin called "zones" that runs this basic idea. It works for it because there's only 20 people on at max, and the community is just small in general. The reason it won't work on Meep is because we have far more players. This isn't EULA compliant either, because it is basically buying more land. I have always loved this kind of "DIY server," but it just won't work here, because it isn't practical.

TimothyJH likes this.
  3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Just... make your own personal server?
    How would this benefit meep?

4. Flameguy25

Flameguy25 Active Meeper

Well he did technically, but it's being used for our survival series, plus what he is talking about could potentially help Meepcraft out A LOT! And I think it's a cool idea, you can play with your friends and stuff and have like 1v1's in halo or something! Another server took this idea and used it well, so I think Meepcraft can too!
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 20, 2016 ---
    How can it benefit Meepcraft?? Well this would probably encourage more people to buy ranks for Meep thus Meep gets more money.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    TimothyJH likes this.
  5. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Thats a good idea

Math_Pro and TimothyJH like this.
  6. TimothyJH

TimothyJH Popular Meeper

Meepers would like to donate more frequently, as @Nickflame25 also pointed out.

7. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

I wouldn't donate to a server to set-up a weird world for me. I'd just get one hosted by a respected hosting service and do it properly the first time.
    Either that or pay the Realms stuff.

I neither think this would work for Meep nor that it would be a wanted feature (or a feature easily implemented).

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  8. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Denied, this is not needed.