1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

COMPETITIVE SKYBLOCK

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Kling, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

To give skyblock a competitive edge why not introduce a 2nd version of Skyblock.
    • This competitive skyblock will last 4 months per round without spawners and other custom items.
    • There will be a leaderboard for most SB wins and a seperate leaderboard for most points obtained which are collected by achieving 1st 2nd 3rd Island.
    • The top 3 of each round will receive rewards such as keys for the skyblock crate which contributes to their regular island and other rewards.
    • Obviously the competitive world would have no connection to the regular skyblock in regards to the eco.
    • Team sizes may vary per round but if kept at a set amount 3 players per island would be nice for a competitive edge at our current playerbase.
    • Different goals could be made to win a particular round for variation as well.
    Disclamer: All numbers have been thrown in the air in regards to time and team sizes.

iKitten, SuperDyl, OKNEM and 2 others like this.
  2. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

skyblock with a point? hot.

3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I just dont see how further splitting a low player base will really do much

4. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

I think adding different goals to win particular rounds would be great to:
    • Add diversity. The main skyblock mostly focuses on expansion, this would allow slyblock players to experience a new mode, and basically a new minigame.
    • Give a chance to everyone. Focusing on expansion is something that old players will always be better at then new players, thus having always the same winners. Adding modes that no one is familiar with yet makes it fair and give a chance to new players to reach the podium by the end of the fourth month.
    I also brought up a list of possible new game modes.
    • Gather the most animals. The person able to keep the most animals on his island by the end of the four months wins. Maybe four months is a little long for this one, but the task is challenging. You have to grow weat to feed the tame the animals, and protect them from mobs and the void.
    • Complete the most challenges. Everyone starts from the bottom with the same tools, this is a fair way to make players compete. Of course, more challenges would have to be added, as in four months, you can easily complete the current challenges.
    • Gathering the most XP. This task must be the most challenging, one death and all is lost.
    • Perhaps a mob kill-count?
    Though I love the idea, I think having intervals between each competition would be better so the Staff team can prepare the next game mode, and so the competitions are something more special and limited, not all year long. I also think the competition time should be reduced.

Other than that I absolutely love the idea, I think it would make skyblock popular and more fair than it currently is.
    Massive +1.

SuperDyl, Ace and Kling like this.
  5. Kling

Please extend further on this because I don't understand how it's splitting up the playerbase in a negative way.

6. FamousZAmos

maybe 1 month would be more competitive though? Or even two weeks? Four months is enough to make a competitive island on par with the current best islands (sans spawners)

7. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

I like this idea because it adds competitiveness in SB but I don't think that there will be a fair amount of people competing for this.

Oh god please no. xD This will probably just contribute to the server lag that we're having. The other ones are quite cool tho.

xAZN_SJx, Kling and Lilliya like this.
  8. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

I don’t see many people participating in this. Once there is what looks to be a clear winner, what would be the point of playing when your island is just gonna be reset.

SuperDyl and Kling like this.
  9. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Stacking plugin was introduced a while back and could easily be implemented once more.

Kling likes this.
  10. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

There’s no server space, and no one seems to want to remove anything else on the server even though skyblock is the second most popular world

11. FamousZAmos

but you get the exact same experience on probably 100 other servers. Meep's is nothing special at all *yet*

SpongeyStar, SuperDyl and Kling like this.
  12. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

I like the idea but I think 4 months is too long. A month or even a few weeks would probably be better, so that if you don't like the goal the server has set, then you can just wait for the next one. It's unique because the island is repeatedly reset, allowing people to not only improve at skyblock, but stay longer in order to grind their island. As for people not liking a frequent reset, just don't play competitive. I personally would enjoy this a lot.

13. Kling

That's news to the team, thank you.

I've just found a server with 80 players that are in skyblock and it resets every 6-9 months without any reward for being the top each time it resets.

riri30 and Pmx728 like this.
  14. FamousZAmos

can this replace an unused feature like ctf or boomo?

SpongeyStar likes this.
  15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Its more like
    Will this bring in new players, and will said new players stay?
    Also you know some people will go to the new sb, and some will stay in the old. Which means, less markets for each world means less people less eco less interaction which is half the fun sometimes
    And thennnn you move into is it worth the time and effort over other things

Even if you say yes, how does it benefit, if at all realistically, because if the server doesn't grow due to it, its not worth the amount of effort its gonna take to implement it and make it work with the current plugins

And at that point, once the excitement of the new mode has worn off after a month or so youre left with maybe half a dozen active people altogether meaning people who play in it for real, at least a few hours every few days, 1 dozen semiactive people, and then everyone else jumps im every once in awhile or quits entirely

Like yeah its cool and I like the idea and it looks fun, but going off of the low player count that we have right now Im not sure itd worth the time. Go for it if you want Im not trying to be a negative nancy about it but I also dont see a point

SuperDyl, Kling and OKNEM like this.
  16. Kling

Your biggest concern seems to be about it diminishing an already small playerbase. If you have seen the rate of work around here you should know nothing is immediate or soon, I see this being done at the back end of this year. Within that period of time Meepcraft ought to be established whether or not it's EULA compliant and be picking up on players. The past two times we've advertised the largest numbers for the most part was in skyblock. When it comes to the economy side of things when there is a larger playerbase I see no problem. With the frequently reset one that rewards the player with items will be for those that want to really compete with others so all of the casual and main islands will still have plenty of players because some of the items members receive from each round would ideally go towards their main island.

As I said to pmx after finding a server with a higher average playerbase that resets every so often without rewards or anything in return leads me to believe this addition to skyblock would put ours ahead of many in the list. Meepcraft has always had a variety of gamemodes and aspects for players but with little to no variation compared to what other servers bring, we want to talk about being unique in every way but the only unique thing I see of Meepcraft is wonderful loyalty of players on a half working server.

SuperDyl and riri30 like this.
  17. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

When I suggested a new skyblock world as helper that was the literal response I got. If that was a lie just to shut me up, whatever, but I didn’t pull that comment from my behind.

SuperDyl likes this.
  18. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

What do you mean it hasn't established if it's EULA compliant!? I believe the decision should have been decided when work was planned to move towards being EULA compliant, otherwise it was all just a waste of time.

19. Kling

I'd really appreciate comments towards the suggest but to answer your question mate we are not accepted as compliant just yet if we had been accepted already I daresay there would be a big woohar.

SuperDyl and riri30 like this.
  20. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

This is something that may happen in the future, but we won’t be doing it any time soon as of yet.
    Thank you for your suggestion xx

SuperDyl and iKitten like this.