1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Classes: Which is Your Favorite?!

Discussion in 'Other' started by MrTillage, Feb 7, 2017.

1. MrTillage

MrTillage Popular Meeper

What goes on Meep! :woot:

I have a very simple question that I would love to know! Whether you are in elementary, middle, or high school | college, graduate school, or beyond:

What is your favorite class you have taken thus far?

Mine for sure is the class I am currently enrolled in, Soil Science. We get to do lab testing on soils from around the United States and give recommendations on the type of agricultural crops that grow best in each soil. We also get to reccomend what management tactics to preform to get a maximum yield while maintaining a healthy soil.

Thanks so much for taking time to respond! ;P

Natsu likes this.
  2. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

AP music theory is going to be fun and easy

3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I always hated school

does art count if I teach myself because I'm homeschooled
    I did take a few classes sort of
    ???

MrTillage likes this.
  4. OldColony

OldColony Popular Meeper

I really don't like school, so I'll say I like the free time that they give us in between Second period and Third period.

5. Geeneus

Geeneus Popular Meeper

I am currently in high school but I have taken 3 semesters of college as well, all of which I got for free.

So far most things haven't been too exciting since everything is pretty easy this early. Nothing has challenged me enough to be very fun. College calculus had some very interesting tidbits, but it was stretched out and made extremely easy, boring, and slow for the "slower" people in the class. I was the youngest in the class and I got a 100% overall grade. I also took a college programming class, but that was the easiest darn class in the world. It is almost embarrassing that I was required to take that class to take any other computer classes.

I enjoy mathematics and computer science to a great extent, but none of the classes were challenging enough to be my "favorite class." Hopefully, if things work out, I will get the point where these classes become hard enough to be extremely enjoyable.

I am the type of person who would feel shamed for a month if ever I got a single B in a class, and even the name of the class would hurt.

I apologize if it seems like I am bragging; I am just excited and passionate about the topic.

No, I am not Asian, lol.

I have always enjoyed school a great deal, and I think a passion for it can yield a great future and make you a better, smarter person.

Nice, I am home-schooled as well. The only public learning place I've been is college.

Sounds like a very interesting class! It is always fun when you get to do hands-on in an interesting topic! Out of curiosity, what is your major? Have you decided yet? If it is not already agriculture related, that might be a good thing to think about.

MrTillage likes this.
  6. MrTillage

MrTillage Popular Meeper

Glad to hear you enjoy school, and thanks for asking! I am currently a sophomore in college and my major is Ecosystem Science and Sustainability. It requires a much heavier course load in physics, chemistry, biology, and calculus then the Agriculture major but allows for a broader range of jobs post grad.

7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I think school can make you more intelligent, I think how smart you are depends on how you were raised and the enviroment you grew up in

people can be hella smart but still not know how to read

MrTillage likes this.
  8. Geeneus

Geeneus Popular Meeper

Ah, sounds awesome. It is very cool to see you getting involved in something you have such a passion for. Your name, your profile picture, and your signature all show that you are getting into the right thing. That is everyone's dream for a career, that they can get into something they have a genuine passion for.

There are two meaning of "smart" that we use the same words for in the English language.

Meaning 1: Learning ideas. Memorizing facts. Following instructions.
    Meaning 2: Creating new ideas. Discovering facts. Creating new processes.

The first one involves time, passion, and memorization and the second involves problem solving, logic, and critical thinking.

Both are valuable, but the first one only leeches off the second or involves memorization.

The second one is very beautiful to me, and it is something I value very highly. I don't really care about art in paintings, but when someone creates a new solution that solves a problem, that is the most wonderful art I can imagine.

This is why I love computer programming so much. You are often left with a problem and a blank canvas. It is up to you to create the masterpiece that is the solution to your problem.

Many people never realize the importance of the second, and they only dwell on the first meaning.

This being said, we are often tempted to discount people who show the first meaning. We also need to remember that there is a beauty in the fact that they spent the time and were passionate about something that we are probably too lazy to do.

The first definition helps give order, organization, and knowledge to society.

As it relates to school, I believe that a passion for school (especially from a very young age) greatly increases both of the definitions in us.

MrTillage likes this.