1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Citizen Foundation Of Meep.

Discussion in 'Towns Archive' started by Achrow, Mar 8, 2018.

?

Can you help us on our mission to help meeps economy and give back to the server?

1. Yes!

50.0%
  2. No, sorry.

50.0%
  1. Achrow

Achrow Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

Hello everyone, I have made this thread to inform you about a new charity i have started!

Citizen Foundation Of Meep has been made to help new and poor citizens with a low self esteem to make money. New players generally find making money hard and are intimidated by /baltop so I have made this charity to give them a booklet, vote tools and meebles. This has been set up at /pwarp Foundation ! We want to help as many people as we can.

I need as many donations as possible to make this a successful and helpful charity to our community. So far we have reached over 60k donations just from 3 people (CasualMow, Lolisparkles and Qazini) Every donation counts and is such a great help for us. I set up this charity to give back to meep and to spend my meebles on something worth while. This charity needs helpers as it grows, If you feel you have the experience to deal with players and help You would be great for this job If you are accepted onto our team you will receive an office. Your job would be to assist people coming to the pwarp and giving them information, also to help us host events and to come up with new ideas.
    Our most current Citizen we have helped has received 40,000 and some Vote tools to help him get on his feet, Lordusan. We will post whoever donates on our wall and who we have helped on a wall to keep you guys up to date! If you have donated alot to this charity you will recieve best donator of the month and receive a goodie bag! Also If you have donated you will be updated on where your donation went as I am not here to scam people.
    If you are a citizen in need of money come along and give us a book and quill of what you need the most We are glad to help!

In addition to this we are making a Discord to keep everyone updated and to create a community.
    We will be hosting charity events to help promote our charity and to receive as much donations.
    Feel free to come along and donate! Help us make someone's meep experience better and change meep!
    Put a smile on someones face :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 8, 2018 ---
    Thank you for taking the time to view this thread! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    iKitten, qazini, Enron and 2 others like this.
  2. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

dont you have 5 million dollars

3. Achrow

Yes I cant go and spend all of it though otherwise i would need the charity too!
    :D

4. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

haha yep couldn't dip below 5 mil or you'd feel super sad

SpongeyStar, Adrian, iKitten and 3 others like this.
  5. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Inb4 Meep Citizen Fund vs. Citizen Foundation of Meep lawsuit

iKitten, cooey, EllieEllie and 3 others like this.
  6. Enron

Enron Celebrity Meeper

I heard lawsuit

Adam34falcon likes this.
  7. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

wait so you didn't donate any of your money?

iKitten, EllieEllie, Zesk and 2 others like this.
  8. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

Donate to me I’m poor and have low self esteem

ZestyWheathin and Achrow like this.
  9. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

I asked him about that and got banned from his discord rofl

10. Achrow

I have donated 200k of my money so far and thats not counting the building i made and vote tools i have supplied c:

11. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

12. Achrow

Random

13. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Cits don't need free money they need more entertaining ways to make money.

14. Achrow

Its more to give them a boost as 2k and some wooden tools isn't very helpful and its to get cits to stay also we citizens on how to make more money through quests and voting

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  15. Noahnda

Noahnda Celebrity Meeper

I'll have to take that too.

Zesk and Achrow like this.
  16. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

While I was a citizen I would’ve loved some free money

Achrow likes this.
  17. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

The tools are nice, and the booklets are nice, but I’m not sure about the money. Like @Summers said already, there needs to be more entertaining ways to make money.

I’m not a fan of the idea only because if you’re new to the server you should learn how to make money in multiple ways without really the help of anyone else. I think it’d be more productive if we informed citizens and showed them how to make money themselves, rather than giving it to them. It starts to become counter productive when we:
    • Give away powerful tools
    • Give away heaps of building supplies
    • Give sums of money away.
    I think this makes it even harder for them to get started on meepcraft, because instead of by describing them how, or by physically showing, they’re receiving the money and then being thrown in the dark. The supplies won’t last forever and because of their lack of knowledge, they quit. They never learned how to make a sustainable income of money without being dependent on something else from the start. I don’t think this is a good way for citizens to assimilate into the economy.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  18. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

We were on the right track with that until the nerf guns came out
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 9, 2018 ---
    It literally not worth doing jobs or building up a sustainable income. Jobs pay a pittance for doing non-useful tasks, and the amount of money you make from gathering materials to sell doesn't compare to the money from voting. The prices of everything are not reflecting the amount of money that is circulating. Things like Ebooks and god tools are getting harder and harder to obtain with the nerfs on exp grinding and obtaining villagers yet their prices are abysmal, both because of a monopoly on mass-producing them and the new vote tools. And building up a source of sustainable income like from farms are useless because you can spend hundreds of hours building one and have it all be worthless because of a nerf. There used to be fun things like /warp dungeon and mending, but these were "too op" *cough* nutcracker pick. The server as a whole has lost the balance of having a fun, rewarding system and ended up removing or nerfing features that were deemed harmful to the economy, as if the economy is what keeps players coming back. Every nerf removes alternate ways of making money and makes the server dull. What new players need are engaging features that make playing meep both interesting AND rewarding. They don't need to log in and see how many aspects of the game are removed, because they can easily find a server where those things aren't nerfed.

FamousZAmos, Enron and bloodyghost like this.
  19. Achrow

I made this "charity" Just to help people and let other people and I help new players I think a lot of people are over thinking what the charity is made for and its just really to help, i don't expect it to change ALL the economy but i just think that if a citizen has the chance to have some sort of help it will make them more satisfied with playing the game. Players don't HAVE to come to the foundation for help but its out there for people who do :)

20. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

I agree.

builderjunkie012 likes this.