1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Chest Shop + Name Change-Related Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved/Denied' started by LordInateur, Aug 10, 2017.

1. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

I'm filing this bug report on behalf of @Pmx728 who's been having issues with his chest shops. He changed his name from CasualCaviar on July 6, 2017. Here are the symptoms of the bug:
    • All chests that Pmx728 created when he was CasualCaviar have changed their names to "Pmx728" after he changed his in-game name but he cannot access those chests.
    • All chests that Pmx728 created after he changed his in-game name show the name "CasualCaviar" instead. He doesn't get paid when someone buys from these shops.
    @Pmx728 might have more information on this as well. I'll ask around to see if other players are having similar issues.

Pmx728 likes this.
  2. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Could he have not made a report or modreq about it instead?

3. LordInateur

This is an issue he and I were talking about and testing in-game and so both of us were involved. As it potentially affects multiple users, I felt it appropriate to open the topic to the community to see if others are affected because modreqs don't generally get seen by the public. What motivates your interest in the method of bug reporting?

Natsu, Pmx728 and Muunkee like this.
  4. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Normally, the chestshop plugin takes a few days to adjust to name changes. However, this has been a rare case for Pmx in which it did not seem to take affect. You can view that we already have the issues with name changes recorded here, but I can simply fix this issue for the player by breaking the current signshops, allowing Pmx to make new ones if we can get that issue working.

LordInateur likes this.
  5. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

My new chest shops don't work either. It changes the name to CasualCaviar and I don't get paid from them.

6. LordInateur

Related bugs are in the Trello.

Pmx728 likes this.
  7. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Fixed

Pmx728 likes this.