1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Changes To The Censored-Word Filter.

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Adam34falcon, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

I noticed today that some more mature words were still censored such as "bastard". This is obviously a low priority issue but I was wondering if we could change this to be allowed. I have no problem with any mature words at all but to keep it a little more civil I often resort to calling my villagers bastards when they won't trade with me other than some, well, less nice words haha.

2. whoisnate

whoisnate Celebrity Meeper

I dont think this is an intentional blocked word, as in ‘bastard’ specifically, since they’ve decided to allow pg13 content and i dont see the problem with bastard in that context. The problem with bastard tho is that it contains ‘tard’ which is my guess as to why its being blocked. Maybe if there is a way to whitelist words to the list of banned words it could fix this issue. Another example of this happening is titanic since it contains tit in its spelling.

3. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

3yifcm.jpg

4. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

This has been the highlight of my day

More so with the topic, I do believe there's still some words that need to be removed from the filter, but it's also a tough one as we allow pg13 chat so long as you don't try and cuss out others, but I can see how one can get annoyed with villagers, so I can understand that maybe the swear filter perhaps could be removed from swearing, and we'll have to just trust players into still sticking with our chat regulations

Villagers can be right bastards though

BooBear1227 and Adam34falcon like this.
  5. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepted
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2020, Original Post Date: Apr 28, 2020 ---
    Completed