1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Build Void

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by JETUB1, Oct 3, 2017.

1. JETUB1

JETUB1 Celebrity Meeper

Well. I haven't been on the server in a while.
    Last time I was, I planned on taking a break then coming back to apply and build for the server. Now I have decided to come back, but am lacking in a resume of recent builds, thus why I am setting up this Build Void. This will be where I place my builds that I do on the server's Creative Mode or whatever other build projects that I do. Hope you guys enjoy, get inspired, constructively criticize, and continue to build on.

So Far:
    - Miniature Spaceship #1
    - Got Me Ship-a-Wrecked (With)

Got Me Ship-a-Wrecked (Without texture pack/shaders)
    - A Marshland Abode
    - Hand of Knowledge
    - More to come...

Note: I will make update posts every couple builds or so. Discussing quirks and such of some of the designs so that they aren't such spam/bump posts.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

I don't think the first build is architect quality, but the second one is really nice.

3. MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle Popular Meeper

I agree. If you were to apply for architect, these are very nice builds. But not yet architect quality.

TheTastyNacho likes this.
  4. JETUB1

JETUB1 Celebrity Meeper

Update Post #1:
    - Added Miniature SpaceShip #1
    - Added Got Me Ship-a-Wrecked (Without texture pack/shaders)
    - Updated Ship-a-Wrecked's photos with ones that have a texture pack/shaders : Link
    - Using Chocapic13 V5 Lite Shaders Pack for future pics
    - Using Equanimity Texture Pack for future pics

Miniature SpaceShip #1: About
    I wanted this build to be within a 15 x 15 framework and to be very minimalistic. I had seen some minimalistic spaceship models recently, and really wanted to build something easy to get my design/build juices flowing. I wanted to mainly use white and blue for the design, felt like that would be a good color combination. Tried to add some smaller details with hoppers/iron blocks and slabs, but not too much to pull away from the minimal aspect that I wanted to capture. Favorite part of building this model was actually the engine, using the pillars as the exhaust was something I dug a lot. I have to admit, not one my best builds, but I had a fun time making it and it's definitely a good starting point.

Got Me Ship-a-Wrecked: About
    For this build, I was thinking of Super Mario Sunshine at the time, which is one of my favorite games. The theme of that game is tropical. So, I wanted this build to be tropical, though I really wanted to incorporate a lot of sand-toned blocks since I haven't used them much. Built the shell first, which made me realize how much I miss World Edit (Would have saved me about an hour or two of minutia). After that, I went with building the islands and the tree. Felt like the build was very bland thus far, so I planned on adding a small shipwreck to the scene. Favorite part of adding the shipwreck to the build was incorporating the mast/sail. At this point, it still felt a bit bland, so I added some flora on the islands, dirt in the ocean, and vine-work on the shell of the build. Overall a slower than planned build, but I was very happy with the result.
    (Oh, and the build was built within a 25 x 25 framework)

Commenting to Comments:
    I agree that the first build isn't architect quality. I just needed to start with something simple to get my building "flow". Thanks for the comment. Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Duly noted. I don't plan on applying until I feel my skill is at that quality. I have high standards for myself, so don't worry, I'll get there. Thanks for the input.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  5. MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle Popular Meeper

Yeah, no problem. Although these build are a very nice start!

6. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

good rule of thumb, dont use a RESOURCE pack as not everyone uses them and like what @Courtneyyy said "Another thing to keep in mind is the use of texture packs. Yes, you may have this amazing texture pack that brings all of your buildings to life, but it may look astonishingly different to users without this specific resource pack. Meaning, it is often best to look at your creations in many different ways, because what looks amazing in one can be absolutely hideous to another."
    but shaders Im all for, they are amazing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 4, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 4, 2017 ---
    as for my opinion your best bet is Sphax pureBDcraft in resolutions of 128 or higher as it is the most popular resource pack currently.

JETUB1 likes this.
  7. JETUB1

JETUB1 Celebrity Meeper

Update Post #2:
    -
    Added A Marshland Abode
    -
    Added Hand of Knowledge
    -
    Just using Shaders and OG mc for pics for now

A Marshland Abode: About
    I didn't know what I wanted to build at first with this, so I asked a random theme generator. It said to build a floating treehouse, but eventually it evolved into a marshland treehouse. At first it started with building the tree. I built a framework to follow so I didn't feel blind when constructing the trunk/roots. It really helped with the final shape of the tree. I then went with making the groundwork below the water. Had plants and a variety of blocks to bring small hints of detail on the bottom of the marsh. After that, I went with designing the "house" in the treehouse. I built the platforms for the abode, then started the interior decorating. Figuring out the roof was a bit hard, because I was also thinking about building walls. Decided to not have walls and went with giant mushroom roofs instead. Added the leaves and such as final touches, and the product was very satisfying to me.

Hand of Knowledge: About
    I thought of this a long while ago, where it was a massive hand holding a whimsical library. I decided to go with the idea partially, but built a bunch of random elements instead of a whimsical library. The hand and elements were really easy to construct. The rest of the build was actually really difficult to think of. I built "veins" to the hand, as some weird way to communicate that the hand was drawing power and knowledge from the land around. Built a tower, that was fun, lol. Then added lava. I finished this build just wanting to be done with it since it took much longer than expected. Though, I really enjoyed making the hand.

Commenting to Comments

Thanks for the input. I came to that conclusion soon after I started using the texture pack, but thanks for the reassurance.

Pmx728 likes this.
  8. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

These are really interesting, but if you wish to apply I would suggest making a couple houses or examples of world edit. Something that shows clearly that you have the skills and basic techniques down.

Achrow likes this.