1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bring V-Shop back

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Iatemyfriends, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Iatemyfriends

Iatemyfriends Supreme Leader

Seriously, what do you guys not get? We want the v-shop back and it's quite simple. Here's something @BRIDGE34 said on why he's leaving.
    "Ok, It's been a great ride I loved every single minute of it with you guys in this loving caring community who honestly was the most tight knit group of people on the internet. However its been killed. Devolved into more of a Player Base with a few Attention Hogs in the middle. Chat used to bustle and was alive with Convo. Now all I see is "monies pls" "Buy my all my crap at /pwarp buycrap". It honestly died." -BRIDGE34

The reason we never added anything after meepshop was because @Coelho wanted more player interaction, which is not a bad idea at all, but is this what you really wanted? All I ever see is people advertising their shops and no one seems to talk anymore which was also brought up by bridge. People also ask for money all the time because it's so hard to get. New players don't have /fix or anything to really start with. If they do get a start how would they make good money? Shops! Oh wait... I seem to have forgotten the market is controlled by the rich and not welcoming to the poor. V-Shop gives all players an even playing field and not just because they advertise it.

If V-Shop is added, you may be asking if we will still encounter people advertising their shops. Don't worry, there won't be. There WAS a rule about this so players don't go and advertise their shops. The chat will no longer be spammed with "Go to /pwarp pvp for all your pvp needs!" (Sorry @castroifyer you came to my mind). No more "Give me monies!" which just basically points to how ineffectively our economy is to the newer players. We won't need to do that because people can just do /sell 10 cobblestone 10 and is just merely left at that.

Fuzzlr was trying to make the economy aspect more closely related to the world currently, and he's succeeded. We have the rich people, a few middle class people, and too many poor people to count. I commend Fuzzlr for trying to make the server feel like the real world and train us for what lies ahead, but we don't play video games for that. We play them to enjoy the game and get away from our real lives, not just live in America with blocks. Players should be able to make money *more* easily rather than make it just pvp that can make you money (Unless you're DianaB or Hornemans).

This server is geared more toward a younger community which we ALL know. For example we can't even say Arse without us getting the error message saying something along the lines of "That is not appropriate!" If it's geared towards the younger generation, why make it so hard to get money? There are very few rich people who are younger kids, and there's a reason for that. Kids don't understand how an economy works (Which I don't understand why they even play) but making it impossible for them to make money doesn't make them feel excited for when they have to be on their own in the real world.

If we bring V-Shop back it'll bring a way for EVERYONE to make money. No matter what rank or age. If any of you haven't noticed Elite is clearly the best rank just because of /fix. Ranks are practically key to money. For example spawner selling (Hasn't been nerfed but it's elite+) Mining and terrarium PvP (/fix is important and makes it easy). Here are some ways that have been nerfed but may still work [​IMG]
    Let me re-word that. Here are some ways that haven't been nerfed:
    [​IMG]
    Rankist ways to make money: KitPvP, Terrarium PvP (You don't need to have a rank to be good for either of these but /fix and the kits make it so much easier). Mining is another good one, but /fix is a great perk and is almost necessary.

TL;DR: Add V-shop

2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

chaos546 and Toostenheimer like this.
  3. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

4. castroifyer

castroifyer :)

The MeepDelivery system will be added in soon :)

Toostenheimer likes this.
  5. Iatemyfriends

Meepers never asked for meep delivery but you give it to us. We ask for v-shop but it's a no? Since it's "another one of my suggestions." -Coelho; it must clearly be implemented!

Is it so hard for you guys to let the people WHO ACTUALLY PLAY help the staff team/techs with decisions? *this isn't directed to you deinen.

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  6. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

was said somewhat like two months ago if i recall.

7. Iatemyfriends

That's meepcraft for you

8. Acetricx

Acetricx Popular Meeper

+1 Vshop is how I have made money ever since I started playing meepcraft. I dont really like the idea of meepdelivery but its better than nothing.

9. OhSimple

OhSimple ayyy lmao

A very big reason v-shop was taken out due to the high possibility of rich players being able to "control" the economy. Such as if you had millions of meebles when v-shop was released you just buy every SINGLE Diamond/Iron/Coal on the market and now you control the prices for those certain items. Or if you had a large amount of items such as diamond and the average price was 300 and you set 10,000 diamonds to the price of 200 each, how can anyone undercut you to that low of a price without not profiting which would force them to wait for your 10,000 diamonds to be sold. Its just as broken a system as the chest shops are. Also, complaining about time restraints is a bit picky. There is a lot going on for the server currently with trying to bring back Hunger games, and other minigames. Coding an ENTIRE new system and plugin takes a lot of time. You can't expect for the one person working on the plugin to have it done in a matter of days or weeks, its a tedious project. And as for "Why not listen to the players" If nobody had posted "We want v-shop back" then it would have never got attention. You may think we aren't listening but a massive majority of ideas do come from the community and we DO LISTEN. Hopefully MeepDelivery works, and if it doesn't then its on to a different idea. It's how it works. Hope you enjoyed the read.

10. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

Monopolies are still occurring even with the chest shops.

Iatemyfriends likes this.
  11. castroifyer

The staff team goes over most of the decisions, Iate, and to be frank, the people who put the most highly valued input into these decisions know a lot more about the economy in Meepcraft than you do.

Deinen likes this.
  12. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

Sorry to be rude Castro, but that is a bad way to tell the community why their decisions are not being accorded and completed. since you are telling us this, what is the point of having a suggestion thread, when all of them will be denied, or will be put into the "Good idea, probably won't be implanted" spot. If it is a good idea? Why deny it? If the community is unhappy with what is happening in the economy and everything staff and admins are doing is making it worse for the players, isn't it time to actually listen to us?

13. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

MeepDelivery looks alright to be fair, but in my eyes it just seems too overcomplicated. Surely implementing Vshop again will be a lot less complicated then this MeepDelivery thing.
    This 'fee' on MeepDelivery will potentially stop people from using the automated system and just go back to /pwarp. I can also see people saying in shout */pwarp pvp for god apples, No Fee!* so we will still get this advertising problem that Iate has explained.
    A lot of us want a something different to chestshops, everyone agrees that they are terrible, so why keep them in this new MeedDelivery?

Maybe to what @OhSimple said, we could set vshop to have a price where nobody can sell under. A bit like the Fifa coin margins :p. This would stop people making diamonds worth 300 etc..

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  14. castroifyer

The economy is something that is very difficult to balance correctly. We totally agree that "nerf everything" is a terribly way to handle the economy. It should be "Nerf something, buff something". We are working on a bandaid solution now, so keep an eye out.

15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Denied, there is no current plans to bring back the V-Shop plugin.

ToonMichaela likes this.