1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bring More Attention To Legacy

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Adrian, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

I have the feeling that legacy is not getting enough attention, buy that i mean there is no encouragement for new players to go there, when a player joins they are in the a gamma server so they will be less players coming. For example i am staff in an Alpha town, MeepCity and after the gamma update we are just losing players and cannot add more players to make up for the loss (We were at 200 players and now we are at 50 or somthing). No one joins legacy. I see a few solutions to this 1.) Add little "advertisements" for legacy like how we do for donating and mini-games 2.) Show new players what legacy is when they join, this can be just a holo at spawn or something similar 3.) (Not the best idea) Move spawn to legacy. All my ideas except for would not take players from gamma and would help legacy's eco and towns.

2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

We literally want less attention drawn to legacy and more to gamma

This isnt an accident.

3. Adrian

Screw Legacy, Let all the town that people spent 3 years putting there hard work into die, is that what you are saying. my point here is is needs a little MORE attention, you cannot say no to this because you are not a big legacy player unlike.
    @CluelessKlutz
    @DevilSpawn112
    @Blue_marlin98
    These are only a few that i know i can think or maybe 3 more, look how little people play, easy fix here.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  4. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

you can't make everyone happy :( if you want more attention to it, then tell your friends to play meep !

Marshy_88 and Pmx728 like this.
  5. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

Everything dies eventually. I am entirely for directing all new players to gamma so I'm a -1 for this suggestion.

The only reason that alpha and beta still exist is to keep their legacy, thus the name.

And plus, having 3 different towny worlds for players to join wouldn't benefit anyone. Towns would not be able to get enough residents due to each towny world only getting 33% of the new players, whereas right now Gamma is flourishing due to getting 100% of the new players.

6. Adrian

Why dont you actually read what i posted,

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 30, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 30, 2016 ---
    Do you even know what you are saying players ave 1 town in each world 1*3 oh gee its 3 i think

7. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

New players tend to focus on one town because they don't really understand that they can be in more than one.
    If I am a resident in 3 towns, I only spend 1/3 of my time in each, this is especially bad for town staff as they can't put 100% effort into their towns.
    And yes, your suggestion will take players away from Gamma. The playerbase will be split among the three worlds at any given time.

metr0n0me and Pmx728 like this.
  8. Klitch

Klitch

Attitude is not the way to get this accepted. Despite what you may think, those that have responded do know what they're saying and they did read your post. Perhaps you are in the wrong and should listen to the feedback.

Aside from that, Vampire and Muunkee are right, "Legacy" is meant to be just that, more of a memory. The only reason we kept those worlds was for sentimental reasons. -1, it is meant to be obsolete.

9. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

There is something called a reset in every server, and you will have to accept the fact that legacy will eventually fade away. Meepcraft is intentionally putting more effort to gamma. The only reason they didn't completely get rid of legacy is because too many people would complain and such. I don't see how new players would enjoy legacy if many people have millions there already

10. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

I am -1

I stopped playing gmod, to post on here. Gamma was made to do a soft reset on meep. Its a fresh start for everyone, its own new eco.
    The legacy worlds are in place for players to keep the towns they worked hard on, If you want players to join the town talk about your town in shout or made a thread talking about it.

11. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Adrian if you haven't noticed gamma was equal to a full server reset but without actually calling it a reset to please and not lose current players that arnt smart enough to realize it. Anything you have done in alpha or beta is nothing more but a museum of memories and all progress made on those towny worlds is pointless.

KyloMeep, Kling, Dem0Gorgon and 3 others like this.
  12. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

-1 The damage done to legacy is permanent, it would hurt gamma much more than legacy would gain to revive it somewhat.

13. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

FTFY

metr0n0me likes this.
  14. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Why?

People wanted to keep legacy for the "memories" and we have done that. Now the server has moved on to the new and the better.
    If you don't wish to do so, feel free to stay. But the majority will stay in gamma. If we start advertising legacy people will just be confused - two towny worlds were difficult enough. Plus, all 3 worlds will suffer vs the worlds with like.. 5 people each lol

metr0n0me and Natsu like this.
  15. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

I just cant wait till legacy is "accidently" deleted

16. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I cant wait til gmall gets accidentally bombed

PegasusFirestar, Klitch and Marshy_88 like this.
  17. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

ive been planning that since day one

PegasusFirestar likes this.
  18. Adrian

Vampire what would be better for everyone somthing closer to evenly spread or everyone playing in one world. As muunkee said legacy is for the memories, if the towns cannot make any money then there will be no towns and no towns means no memories

The Staff, if legacy has no point why are you making a shop for it why have you made wild, please explain.
    yea lol

19. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I legit do not know what you're trying to say here.

Also, that "#LegacyMatters" hashtag you have in your signature: What are you trying to promote? Legacy will stay in everyone's hearts and minds, it won't leave. You're acting like when it's the time for it to go, no one will remember it.

We've paid enough attention to Legacy, ESPECIALLY when it was in its "baby steps" (when Meepcraft was growing in popularity back in 2012). Do you really think this is bad enough? Players were so worried whenever Towny crashed due to either players or some issue we didn't know about, players would spread rumors that Fuzzlr was deleting Towny and replacing it with something else. Gamma is a fresh start, Legacy will stay here for a bit, but it will be as a memory in everyone's hearts.

Now relax. You're jumping to many conclusions.

Natsu likes this.
  20. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

My idea-

Freeze legacy in an alternate realty where time means nothing, and, delete town taxes and upkeep. Make everything as it is now stay, unable to be edited, and remove a few pwarps or two. Also cover the land in yellow wool so it looks like cheese and put some red wool here or there to symbolize pepperoni.

This will stop the complaining. 100%