1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bring back Stocks (With a tweak)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by lfpnub, May 2, 2017.

?

Good idea?

1. Yay

2. Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lfpnub

lfpnub Popular Meeper

I loved the stock plugin. It was creative, it added a new aspect to the server, making it function more like a real economy. Now, we have a massive deflation problem. Stocks will fix that.

They were removed due to the "15 minute exploit" which had an easy fix. Make it so that you receive stocks 15 minutes after purchase, making it in line with actual eco. This closes any insider trading issues. This solves deflation by adding a massive new revenue stream that, while adding money in at a steady rate, removes money if by bad stock bets.

Tl;Dr, it helps economy and makes server better

Vexmae and Blue_Marlin like this.
  2. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I never saw the stock plugin, so I must ask how it calculates the value of stocks.

3. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Even if you receive the stock 15 minutes later you can resell right away to make insane profits.

Pmx728 and Cherrykit like this.
  4. Kachess

Kachess Celebrity Meeper

So the cost of the stock is charged 15 minutes after you select the company, whatever the price is at that time. I think this would solve the problem of both using the actual stock market and making insane profits.

5. KittyKat999

KittyKat999 Popular Meeper

+1

The stock market was always one of the features I loved about this server. I invested quite a bit into it, myself. It brings a sense of realism to this server.

Though the statements above about insane profit are true, there IS a solution. Tax.

Living in Canada myself, every second word used my the government is TAX. This is also in banks. Or brokers. Withdrawing money from your stock exchange should, in my opinion, be taxed, to avoid immense profiting. That's my simple solution.

Otherwise, perhaps instead of dealing with the broker & company, you should be able to sell stocks to other people. This would be a great feature to the stock exchange, for people wanting to buy low and sell high.

Yours,
    ~Kat

P.S. Im back! And still ranting!

Marshy_88 likes this.
  6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

tbh I think it'd be easier to just open the stocks like a half hour after the "real" stock market opens.

Pmx728 and MeepLord27 like this.
  7. lfpnub

lfpnub Popular Meeper

That's the change that's the best way to really fix the issue.

I should note multiple exchanges are on; DOW, S&P 500, NASDAQ, NYSE, etc...
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2017, Original Post Date: May 15, 2017 ---
    You receive money 15 mins later- every transaction is delayed.

8. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I loved the stocks plugin (until it got abused) but how would anyone be able to use this when you don't know what the stocks will be when you sell it. Instead of being based on skill, this would be based on more luck and little strategy.

If you can find a way to fix this then it's a +2

For now, +1

Marshy_88 likes this.
  9. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

As a person who trades equities to make money and is striving to move into it as a career path, I completely support stocks being implemented in Meepcraft. They are important for kids to learn at a young age because of retirement and perhaps learning about compounding your investments in order to have a larger portfolio as you get older.

Stocks can be fixed, it is simply a matter of finding a different platform which can give us a faster price update. Huge +1.

Natsu and Marshy_88 like this.
  10. Daniel Thompson

Daniel Thompson Popular Meeper

11. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Have a look at th investopedia simulator. They were able to get around this problem. They would be 15m behind or so, but made it so when you sold it would take another 15m, and when you bought, it would buy at the price in 15m, not instantly.

lfpnub likes this.
  12. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Tbh I didnt see that I dumb
    Maybe the plugin sends you a msg or mail saying your x stocks have been received or sold and it would put the stocks into a like stocks chest for you at that area.

lfpnub likes this.
  13. Klitch

Klitch

Accepted with tweaks: Trello