1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bring back old ban appeals/reports

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Thee Boss, Sep 3, 2020.

?

Jump off a

1. Cliff

20.0%
  2. Trampoline

10.0%
  3. Building

20.0%
  4. Copy of Nintendo land for the Nintendo Wii U

50.0%
  1. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

I come back every month or so to read through ban appeals and old threads for nostalgia, and the occasional necro Lol. But recently I see that the ban appeals section has suffered the same fate as the reports

is there even a point to private ban appeals now? The server numbers aren’t exactly at record highs and anyone who does get banned will likely make it known in the community (it won’t take more than 5 minutes to figure out who’s banned).

the real tragedy here is the amount of history that is lost, just locked up out of reach from the public. New players from now on will never know the joys of legendary threads like the many VKL ban appeals, the legendary Onis ban hammers, the poopblox thread.

If the problem is players being publicly shamed/bans being talked about publicly, then just make it so current ban appeals aren’t visible for at least 3 months after they’re accepted or denied. Same thing goes for reports too I guess

2. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

Another point that nearly everyone agrees on.

I am afraid the “reasons” I remember being spoken and those you reference appear to be no more than simple lies. I look for evidence to the contrary but alas.

The American justice system is structured in a way to protect the (relatively few) bad officers who improperly police the community. Amounting to bias, favoritism, and incongruent protection of society. “Ya gotta play along to get along”

Potato Potato

I suppose we should be thankful with meepcraft it is not racial in the very least.
    smh

Thee Boss likes this.
  3. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

The good days when "poop" was banned from chat lol

Thee Boss likes this.
  4. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Denied. Bans and mutes are currently private, so appeals for them are also private.

SpongeyStar likes this.