1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bring Back /Fix and Other Perks and Up The Spawn Rates

Discussion in 'Denied' started by creeperdeath, Jan 24, 2016.

1. creeperdeath

creeperdeath Well-Known Meeper

I do not know why /fix was taken away from donators on skyblock , and even more so, I do not get why /heal was taken away. I get that the idea may have been to try to make skyblock more fair for everyone to play so that it is the same difficulty for an unranked as an ultimate, but we are donators and we donated to get perks. I do not play much else on meep other than skyblock and I have been around for the many versions of skyblock, even before MeepNetworks. Therefore I don't really ever take advantage of my perks outside of skyblock and if there are no perks in skyblock then why did i donate? I think that there is no great gain that any donator gets from having /fix, /heal, /fill, etc. It is not like they are making the game much easier for us to play and they are not making us money. If we do have any financial gain from not having to make new items and being ale to /fix them, it is small and it is not like we are making millions from it. For these reasons, I think that those perks should be brought back for fairness to the donators who donate to get perks and because they made skyblock more fun for the donators.

As for the spawn rates, i get that they were reduced because higher spawn rates cause lag, but, they could be upped at least a little, because, at the moment, the game may as well be on peaceful. Spawners still pump out the same amount of mobs, but if you are to build a mob grinder on your island, that, with regular spawn rates on easy mode can churn out over 100 items an hour, it would put out MAYBE 15 items an hour (and I've tested by afking next to mine). It was one of the very first things i built on my island, and after many hours of playing, I do not even have a stack of rotten flash from it yet. I think that the server could handle upping the spawn rates a little if not a lot. I'm not a big expert on how servers run, but i would think that, in a gamemode like skyblock, where your island is alone and very far from other islands, high mob spawn rates would not affect overall lag too drastically because they would be individual to each island. If another island somewhere has massive amounts of lag from its mobs for whatever reason, that is their problem probably due to a slow computer or slow internet because it should not affect other people who don't have the chunks for that island loaded anyway.

Thanks

FunGUY, iMelXP, Toostenheimer and 3 others like this.
  2. Krazycat600

Krazycat600 Popular Meeper

+1 for adding perks back to sb

CrazyYoungBro likes this.
  3. FatBrownMan

FatBrownMan Celebrity Meeper

+1 We bought ranks for perks. Not for a fancy tag.

4. Diamond_Finder34

Diamond_Finder34 Active Meeper

5. DangitAnas

DangitAnas Vraiment n'importe quoi !

Actually I think the purpose after donating is to help the server and keep it up, perks are like a gift from the server as a "thank you for donating"... :/

6. _RCHT_

_RCHT_ Celebrity Meeper

+1 100% correct thats why we bought the ranks we did. We want perks back.

7. FatBrownMan

Um no. We want perks thats the purpose of ''RANKS'' to get perks

FunGUY and CrazyYoungBro like this.
  8. DancingQueen33

DancingQueen33 Popular Meeper

9. creeperdeath

ok fair enough i get that but the perks that we used to have in sb were taken away and thats my point. also the perks are the insentive to donate. idk about you but the most i would have donated to keep the server going is to premium. i kept going for the perks

10. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Oh boy, let's get something straight here...

Skyblock =/= towny

Therefore...

Skyblock perks =/= towny perks.

It's just like how I don't get donator perks in Halo. It is an entirely different gamemode, so therefore there are entirely different perks. Even if they are both survival based. I agree that meep needs to add donator perks to skyblock, just not /fix and /heal and /fly and the whole nine yards.

11. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

I'd like to talk about this civilly and peacefully. I'm going to give my opinions, and no one has to agree with them if they don't want to. I'm not here to hate, just to give my say.
    Personally, I'm pretty mad about the /fix being taken away. I feel that staff did not really consider what other people might think, and went off of what they thought was correct. Now, there is nothing wrong with that other than what staff think is right and what the community think is right aren't always the same thing. Compared to the people who dislike /fix on skyblock, the people who want it outnumber them by over 3 quarters. It seems to me that /fix in skyblock is favored by the majority of the community.
    So, here is my suggestion. This has been suggested a few times and is not my original idea. Add a command that enables donator perks. Maybe the ability to pick certain ones too. This way, those who want them, get them, and those who want a challenge, don't. If it is possible and not hard to do, I don't see why we can't do it. Skyblock became less fun when they got removed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 24, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 24, 2016 ---
    Says the VIP who does not have any of these perks and is probably mad about it.

12. creeperdeath

I definitely agree with no /fly but that was never an sb perk. All that i am asking for is the original perks to be returned. Including /fix. Idc if its not the same as towny. That's not what I'm saying. Sb was the most fun when we had /fix and other perks.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 24, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 24, 2016 ---
    +1 that idea. then everyone can be happy. Also the people who got these perks taken away probably didn't have them and were jealous like EpicDude141. No offense to lower ranks. I'm not a rankist, but we donated more money to have better perks. Plain and Simple

13. Reeeeestyle

Reeeeestyle Well-Known Meeper

+1 although I have not donated I think it is not very fair.

14. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

BIG +1

15. jacknat96

jacknat96 Celebrity Meeper

+1 this is something I don't see a lot as I myself don't play sky block but with this I know in the last sky block world players who did not donate for elite+ had the /fix sign (cost meebles to use) in the spawn. With the over things like /fill it is not needed but if people want it in sky block there is no harm with water maybe with the lava as you can get unlimited obsidian and /heal there is no harm with it even if people don't like high ranked player having it then give them a sign at spawn with it (but with a cost) last thing none spawner grinders is the biggest thing people need in sky block for most of the challenges I don't know what it is like with it right now so I can not really say anything but if it has been lowered maybe bump it up for a bit and see how the lag is

16. FatBrownMan

I didnt see why they took /fix away in the first place.

17. creeperdeath

Thank you for the +1 even though it doesn't affect you.

CrazyYoungBro and Toostenheimer like this.
  18. FunGUY

FunGUY Popular Meeper

Huge +9x1000000

19. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Too bad I'm not mad or jealous, I just can recognize when balance is needed. Here we have a completely different gamemode than towny and therefore should have a completely different set of perks that towny.

20. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

Ultimates need /fly. There is no downside. @Jess_4Ds

Its a joke

CrazyYoungBro and 2leah2 like this.