1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Books!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Midnight_Galaxy, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

Hey guys, I want to know what your favourite book series are? What your favourite genres are?
    Personally I love Cassandra Claire books, her style of writing is amazing!

Perhaps people will get some awesome suggestions here ;)

2. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

I really like all Harry Potter books and Christopher Paolini's book series, the Inheritance
    and more that I cant remember :)

3. Garde7

Garde7 Popular Meeper

I really like a lot of books lolz The hunger Games, The Inheritance Series, I am Number Four Series, All of the Percy Jackson Books, Undertow, Pulse, and the Divergent Series.

4. Midnight_Galaxy

I love a bunch of books too lol I cannot pick a fave, I love divergent, percy Jackson, an the hunger games too :p

kyle_docherty7 and ~Peper~ like this.
  5. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

I'm going through the Redwall series right now. I just finished book 6 and I started up on book 7 today.

Midnight_Galaxy likes this.
  6. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Matthew Reilly Scarecrow novels.

7. ~Peper~

~Peper~ Celebrity Meeper

I have the same birthday as J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter, but until a few weeks ago I have never read any of the Harry Potter books. I'm a bit of a slow reader, though I'm on chapter 5 of 6 right now and I am so happy and ahhhhh. I can't wait to finish reading the series!!

Other books I've read in school and enjoyed reading were: The Giver, To Kill A Mockingbird (currently reading), & Animal Farm.

I'm also reading a book called "Ready Player One". So far, I like the book, though I haven't read it recently since I've been a bit busy with family life, school, homework, Harry Potter (haha), and a few other things.

8. M0W0G

M0W0G Celebrity Meeper

I love Justin Somper's Vampirates series Iv'e read all of the books from it.

Midnight_Galaxy and ~Peper~ like this.
  9. Midnight_Galaxy

I had to read animal farm when I was at school, however it wasn't one of my favourites lol

kyle_docherty7 likes this.
  10. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Those are the books our school had done for novel studies this year and last year XD Our class did Animal Farm this year and imo I found it kinda boring and never ended up finishing the book (when I was suppose to...lol.)
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 6, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 6, 2016 ---
    ^ lol
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 6, 2018 ---
    same I told that to my teacher and he got offended and i was like sorry i dont likethis book am i suppose to like every book inthisworld

kyle_docherty7 likes this.
  11. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Maze Runner
    Divergence (the series, that is only one book)
    other stuff that involves the military lol

12. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Honestly, I’m starting to veer away from reading books and just going through short replies on writing prompts through reddit. It’s amazing just seeing all the different writing styles

13. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

Divergent is one of my fav, I finished it in one night
    City of ember, this is one of the best books i have ever read in my life and I totally recommend the series to everyone.

14. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

I'm a big fan of epic fantasy, from classics like Tolkien to more modern authors such as Joe Abercrombie, though I've been abstaining from Martin because I'm afraid if I start ASOIF I'm afraid I won't return to sanity until I finish the series, which probably won't be possible for a while. Stephen King is also on the top of really awesome writers, though I haven't yet had the chance to read much of his horror. While I haven't ventured too much into the world of sci-fi, I enjoyed Ender's Game and its sequels tremendously, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is always a great laugh. And of course, Harry Potter will always be a favorite for me, maybe cliche but it's the book I grew up on.
    Of a totally different genre, Catcher in the Rye is amazing, a book that I often come back to.

15. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Try reading shorter books from different genres. You may find one that you like!

Books are an amazing way to kill time that has little to no repercussions, can give you information, teach you how to be more literate with ideas you get across, and be overall enjoyable.

I’ve really enjoyed short books like The Hobbit, Ender’s Game, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, The Diary of Anne Frank, Game of Thrones (specifically game of thrones, bc I have not finished book two yet; although the tv series is amazing), someone mentioned a book I highly recommend, let me see if I can find it.

City of ember. I seriously recommend you read this book. In fifth or sixth grade, this was the book that made me love reading.

Some other good ones: Percy Jackson, Writing Prompts on reddit, 1984, The Most Dangerous Game, the magic treehouse books, the Paladin Prophecy series, and many many more

16. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

I like the Scarlet Letter, 1984, Animal Farm, The Road to Wigan Pier, The Testing, A Boy’s Life and:

[​IMG]