1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bob4444444's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Bob4444444, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

NOTE: I understand this is the same application with minor changes, and I just got denied less than 2 weeks ago. Me and Cooleys had a discussion, and I am allowed to do this.

In Game Name: Bob4444444
    Skype (Yes/No): Yes, it's BobPlayzMc Teamspeak Username: Bob4444444
    Mic use: Yes, I use my iPhone microphone
    Timezone: EST
    Hours online per weekday: 1-4 Hours
    Hours online per weekend: 4-7 Hours
    Position Changes: Helper to Moderator

Introduction:

Hello everyone! In case you don’t know me, I am Bob4444444.

Let me tell you a few things about myself. In real life, I do many different activities. I have played piano for many years, and still do now. I play a few sports; such as basketball, golf, and a couple others. Currently, I am in a robotics league called FTC (First Technic Challenge), and before that I was apart of FLL (First Lego League). We made it to the state finals 2 years in a row, and we won the #1 Research Award 3 out of 4 times in the competitions. In all of these activities, I always try my hardest, and I never give up. When I start something, I finish it, and I use these abilities as much as I can as a staff member.

Now for my ingame life. I have been playing Meepcraft since August 19th, 2013, and it’s been a blast. I have made so many friends, and I have done so much ever since I joined. I love the community, and it’s one of the top 3 reasons I play. I am currently a Co-Mayor in GingerManOWNS’ alpha town (Butterland), and I have been for a long time. Being a Co-Mayor is a big responsibility and requires a lot of work and patience. I always try to work my hardest in Butterland. I also use my skills in Butterland for doing staff work.

I am an Ex-Moderator here, and I was demoted on August 3rd, 2014. Ever since the day I was demoted, my goal was to get back to mod. I feel that when I was demoted, I let the server down; the staff, the community, and myself. I want to regain the trust of both my fellow staff members, and the community, and I will do whatever I can to accomplish this. I was accepted for helper again on October 13th, 2014, and ever since I got accepted I have been working my hardest and proving to my fellow staff members that I am not the same person from when I got demoted. I am a new person, and I take my position a lot more serious now. So I am back here today to apply for mod once again, and hopefully get accepted.

Why you should be a moderator?:

Experience- I have been staff for over a month now, and I have learned all the commands that I have access to. As I said in my intro, I was staff before, so I have a lot of experience here. Aside the commands, I also know the ban lengths. I have done a lot on bans since I got staff, and I've done bans in many different areas, not just chat moderating or towns. Due to this, I have a great knowledge of the ban lengths. Knowing commands and ban lengths are two very important things a mod should know, and I know them, and know how I should handle them.

Work Ethic/Performace- At the moment, I have around 570 modreqs. I always try to perform my job to the best of my abilities. I work very hard as a staff member and once I start working, I don't stop until it's all done. Sometimes it's a been more challenging than others, but I still work until the end and in the end, it was all worth the hard work, especially seeing the player happy in the end.

As I said in my Introduction, I am currently a Co-Mayor in GingerManOWNS' town (Butterland). In Butterland, I work as hard as I can. I always try to work, add people, clear plots, etc. Whenever I work, I always finish the job, no matter how big or small it is.

In real life, I have a lot of school work. I don't try to take the lazy way out. I complete the work to the best of my abilities, and with nothing short too. I always try to keep going, even when I want to stop. In the end, I worked hard, I acknowledge that, and it's all worth it.

Dedication- I am very dedicated to Meepcraft! Everyday, I always try to get on for as much as possible. It's so much fun, I never want to get off! The community here is so amazing, I don't know who wouldn't be dedicated to a server like this. Everyday, I wake up and check forums. The forums is a great part of the server, and probably my strongest point of activity, due to it being very accessible. I love to go on teamspeak. It is great meeting all the people who play here and talking to them! Overall, I am dedicated to all three aspects of the server, and I just love to play Meepcraft!

Involvement- I am very involved here. I never go on and be quiet, I always try to talk to the community. Ingame, I try to use global chat as much as possible, and try to build an ingame bond with the community. On forums, I love seeing what the community has to say, and it's really great to talk to all these people with the same interests as me! On teamspeak, I am usually never in a staff channel. I love to talk to everybody in the community, know what's going on, and really get the chance to know everyone. All three aspects I try to be as involved as I can, do my work, and be the best staff member I can possibly be.

Weaknesses:

Immaturity- Immaturity, a great weakness of mine. Over the past months I've been staff (this time and last), my maturity level has increased. I try to act professional as much as possible, and I always try my best to be mature. Sometimes, I get tired, or my mind isn't in the right place, and I don't act as mature as a staff member should act. I usually realize when I am acting immature, and I usually change my maturity level quick. Whenever I feel I am acting mature, I always attempt to realize the fact that I am acting immaturely, and change my act as quickly as I can.

Attitude/Self Control- Here's another one of my weaknesses. Sometimes, I am either mad or tired, and my attitude changes. I then have a tough time controlling myself. Sometimes I come off rude to players due to this, but not really that much anymore. I now realize when I am doing stupid actions and I either log off to stop or just change my attitude. A staff member should never come off rude to players, and I always try my best to be the nicest person I can be to the community.

Previous Application: I understand my previous app was denied not so long ago, and you may not believe I have changed, or even put an effort to change. But when I saw the comments, I immediately started to work on them. Here are a few that I have worked on.

Immaturity-
    As stated in my weaknesses, I am immature sometimes. During the time I have been staff, I have tried to be the most mature I can be. I always try to act professional when needed be. I understand in the past I have been extremely immature, but in the time I have been staff, I have made a strong effort to change and be professional, and to be a good example for the community.

Making Bad Decisions-
    During the time I have been staff, I have made a few bad decisions. I have thought something, and then I am explained another thing to and I realize what I did was a mistake. When I saw HAB's comment, it made me realize that I was doing something wrong, and I immediately started to change. For the past 1-2 weeks, I have been trying my best to think before I perform actions.

Redeeming Myself-
    A lot of the posts on my previous application were about how I had to redeem myself, make major changes, etc. Ever since I saw those comments, I knew I had to change. Over the past 1-2 weeks, I have tried to be the best person I can be. I have tried to be very involved, very active and dedicated, and just as nice as a can be. I understand after my demotion I lost a great deal of respect, but I am trying my hardest to earn it back, and I will do whatever it takes to do it.

In conclusion for this section, I have deeply acknowledged the comments, and have really tried my best to improve in the areas you guys felt that I was weak in.

My Demotion: As you all probably know, about 3 months ago, I was demoted from moderator to citizen. Here are some reasons I was demoted, and how I have improved on them/will improve on them.

Abuse- When I was a moderator, I had access to all these commands that I was trusted with. I didn't use them all the time for the right reason (specifically /tp), and I served the pubishment of being demoted for it. Ever since I got staff back, I have always used my commands for helping me with my job, and never for my own personal benefit. Also, in the self control section of my weaknesses, you can see that I have improved my self control, and think more before I use commands.

Warning Points- When I was staff last time, I didn't really know how the warning point system worked. So I gave out invalid warning points, resulting in some people getting forum banned. I apologize to all the people that I forum banned because of my careless mistakes. I now know how the warning point system works, and never give out false warning points (unless to by a higher up to do so).

Not Helping Helpers- When I was mod, I didn't always help helpers when they needed me. One time when rAwson needed some help, I tried for a couple minutes, then left him after nothing worked. There's a lot more to the story than this, but I just got the main point down. I didn't help rAwson when he needed it. Also, when I was staff, I was told that helpers can't accept/deny player reports, so I ended giving helpers false information. I realized when I was demoted that what I did was wrong, and I have thought about it greatly ever since. Now, I always put others (especially those who need help) in front of me, and put them first. I also check with all staff before I tell someone false information.

The rest of my demotion I would like to keep private. I will be glad to explain it all in my moderator interview (if accepted), and explained how I have overcomed it there.

Conclusion: This concludes my moderator application. I feel I am ready for mod, due to the fact of my experience from being helper. I feel that the moderator position would really help my work. I have loved being apart of the staff team again, and I feel that this is the time where I apply for moderator! I hope to be a moderator once again, and regain all the trust that I lost when I was demoted. All critisism and feedback are greatly appreciated!

2. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

+4444444
    Why was this denied? Cmon!

cooey and DeadlyPoptartz like this.
  3. Klitch

Klitch

-1 Still Immature.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 24, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 24, 2014 ---
    One more thing, your maturity hasn't increased. You still continue to make bad decisions and not think.

4. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+10oo0 I think you are a reliable person and you will be a great mod

Attached Files:

DeadlyPoptartz and Toostenheimer like this.
  5. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

+Great helper
    + Active
    +Previous experience
    -Demoted
    +Still awesome

+1

6. addyawesome01

addyawesome01 Popular Meeper

+1
    active
    nice
    good helper

7. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

I don't understand why they demoted you in the beginning. +1

8. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Bob, I'm still going to say no.
    It's not because you aren't qualified.
    Last time you were promoted to mod, you basically ignored me. You didn't talk to me like a friend. Which, quite honestly, upset me more than anyone could when insulting me.
    You know this.
    You also know I don't want you as mod, from the skype call last night...and anytime we've talked about you applying for mod.

I'm just still not sure. I think it's to early from your denial (Yeah, yeah, cooleys said you could....) to apply again, it takes longer than a week or two to redeem yourself...

9. jmelara

jmelara Popular Meeper

Bob I have to say -1 and I am sorry but you made a huge mistake. You tend to ban recklessly(Demogordon) he told me you banned him for xray when you had no proof and you dug one of the holes. You like to ban then think..... Bad I am sorry bob but no! You are a nice person but you need to be helper for a while and work on your maturity/decision making. Please wait a month or two then apply but until then I am a -1 gl ;)

Klitch likes this.
  10. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

why is this an exception.

11. DeadlyPoptartz

DeadlyPoptartz Celebrity Meeper

+1
    +you have been great friend
    +great helper
    +on TS a lot(at least when im on)
    -you have made mistakes(who hasent?)
    +you are mature

12. CyberneticToast

CyberneticToast Celebrity Meeper

+Nice
    +Helpful
    +Great Helper
    +Mature
    +Honest
    +Funny

There are a few points that may be a bit of concern like your demotion, but hey; you've changed. You're an amazing Helper and you've always been very helpful and friendly. You're on Forums, TS, and IG all the time. Rarely would I log on and you're not there. You never ignore people and you're always nice. I can understand why you were demoted, but things happen. Everyone makes mistakes. I say we give you a chance at Mod. Good luck! ;) +1

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  13. Kayla

Kayla New Meeper

You sound immature. I don't mean mischievous (at least not intentionally). You sound like a great person.

I don't know you, and that's the impression and vibes I get. And the comments seem to support my impression.

+/-

00000 and Bob4444444 like this.
  14. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

+1 you trained me and you know what you are doing! You would make a great mod!

15. SillySilver

SillySilver Celebrity Meeper

Im not gonna give +1 just cause you are my friend, you seem to be positive about things. You are helpful, active, and ofc very hard working. Maturity is ok level, just get bit more mature, and youre good. :)
    EDIT: this app is soo long with mobile... XD

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    cooey likes this.
  16. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

+9 4s

we love you k

17. ShadowBlizzard

ShadowBlizzard Celebrity Meeper

haven't seen much improvement from last time

18. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Sometimes you seem like you are working hard as a helper to redeem yourself, then not long after you're... well... immature I guess.
    +/-

19. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

If this app is basically same, my vote is the same.

-1, still haven't seen any improvement, you were what you were last time. We can't trust someone who abused with being a moderator until he could show that he could keep moderator

LR_Davius and Klitch like this.
  20. MADzombie7

MADzombie7 New Meeper

+1
    Amazing staff, help me with big/small problems, and I appreciate how you handle them. I love how you act online and play fair, treating yourself like a regular, and I thank you for that. :)

Bob4444444 likes this.