1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Be able to achieve lvl 1000 in all mcmmo skills

Discussion in 'Denied' started by SX1, Feb 11, 2017.

1. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Since mcmmo isn't tied to jobs anymore, I am suggesting that we can achieve max level in all the mcmmo skills (lvl 1000). It should be a quick thing to do since all you have to do is go into the config file changing the power level from 3000 -> 15,000.

I can't see any downsides, and would have more people like me try to grind for max level.

2. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

+1 I think this is a good idea because limiting it to only 3 stats makes it hard to be well rounded.

SX1 and Legocreator2013 like this.
  3. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

+1 why not

SX1 and Legocreator2013 like this.
  4. Fire_Wolf04

Fire_Wolf04 Popular Meeper

+1 now that jobs aren't based off of mcmmo

SX1 likes this.
  5. ZestyWheathin

ZestyWheathin Celebrity Meeper

+1 gives players something to do when they get bored

SX1 likes this.
  6. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

+1 I really want 1000 for all the mcmmo types

SX1 likes this.
  7. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Since jobs isn't even tied to Mcmmo, and most of the skills are somewhat nerfed anyways, I really don't see an issue with allowing this. It'd certainly be nice to have the ability to grind a bit more to waste time.

SX1 and Melchior_Dahrk like this.
  8. Melchior_Dahrk

Melchior_Dahrk Well-Known Meeper

+1

I'll never get there, but why not.

SX1 likes this.
  9. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

+1 Delays the endgame in which the player becomes bored with the server

SX1 likes this.
  10. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

I see this as the opposite as what youre saying. Because were an eco server, the point is that if we gave everyone every job and every skill, eventually you would hit a point where you have nothing to do. The reason I have it set to only be able to max 3 is because with that, you master 3 skills and then you hit a wall. If you want to master other skills you need to warp mcmmo and reset one, then spend those points elsewhere. it makes it so that not everyone, is max level in everything. Regardless if its tied to jobs, each category has a perk included. Im open to discussion on this topic but yeah, I think making it where players can just max all skills will eventually render mcmmo a useless perk for the server.

SX1, kwagscraft and Username like this.
  11. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

It really depends on how long it takes to completely max out mcmmo, and if that time frame is sufficient for the desired level of player retention. I think that maybe a better question is where to strike a balance where a player can be well rounded in mcmmo while still needing to reset his/her levels in order to do something very specific. Whether the cap of 3000 allows this to happen or not, i haven't been able to tell, as my power level is somewhere around 1600.

SX1 and Erebus45 like this.
  12. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

I can understand what you're saying, and that makes perfect sense. I like the grindy games (Like, for example, Runescape) You can get to lvl 99 in every skill, but it takes a lot of time and tests your patience. I like to see my hard work show when someone notices that I made it to the end game.

Anyways, I came up with 2 different solutions that could consider worth thinking about.

I thought of this one and seemed to like it the most because I love grinding:
    Maybe, once you achieve max power level (lvl 3,000 power level for first prestige, lvl 4,000 for 2nd prestige, and so on) you can /prestige and gain +1000 power level. This /prestige command (or maybe there a sign @ Mcmmo) would only work once you have a max power level for your prestige. This would make the game VERY long while also setting the player back to level one. If players don't want to reset their skills, they don't use the command. And /warp mcmmo would still be of use to anyone who wants to reset certain skills.

This was sort of confusing, but once you reach max power level you use a command to gain +1000 more power level and you get reset back to power level 1.

How this would benefit delaying end game:
    They would be hitting a small wall every time they prestige, this wall gets bigger the more you prestige because later you would have to be grinding up the skills that would take a lot longer. (Unarmed, Weaponsmith, enchanting, brewer etc.) while also achieving the max power level per prestige.

Note:
    I don't know if this is possible or not due to my inexperience with coding and plugins.

An alternate method:
    Raise the cap limit a little higher, not significantly like maybe to 5,000.

Benefit: It would let people raise some skills they could not do before

I might clean this post up later when I have more time

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    SuperDyl, Erebus45, smk and 1 other person like this.
  13. Legocreator2013

Legocreator2013 Popular Meeper

+1 I haven't got much to add to the discussion other than my support. :)

SX1 and Natsu like this.
  14. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

+1

15. nokes

nokes Popular Meeper

+1 for increase cap from 3000 to 5000.

qazini and Erebus45 like this.
  16. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

The server should have a more interesting endgame than grinding a bunch of arbitrary actions.

SX1 likes this.
  17. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

I respect your way of seeing it, but what can be considered more "end game" for minecraft than maxing mcmmo?

Erebus45 likes this.
  18. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Erebus45, SX1 and nokes like this.