1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bat spawning in towns

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Legocreator2013, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Legocreator2013

Legocreator2013 Popular Meeper

Bats are really annoying to have in your house. I was digging my basement then I left only to come back and find bats all over the unlit and unfinished basement. Hostile mobs do not spawn on my plot but bats do. I'd prefer that neither of those spawn in my basement floors when I make them.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  2. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I agree this gets rather annoying. One easy fix is to just light the space up, but I still agree they should be under the mob spawning permission.

Legocreator2013 likes this.
  3. Scrooloose

Scrooloose Meeper

I have had only one in my basement, guess I am lucky, so I named him Robbie.

Blue_Marlin and Natsu like this.
  4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Just kill them lol?

5. Legocreator2013

Legocreator2013 Popular Meeper

Yes but it is a simple change and they just shouldn't be spawning in anyways. No mobs should be spawning in randomly like hostile mobs do.

6. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

+1

Legocreator2013 likes this.
  7. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

This should totally be added. Peachstreet's town spawn has a large dome, which is quite dark in some corners, so as a result, bats spawn. This makes town spawn look awkward, and adding more lights might ruin the aesthetic of the place, as it is not supposed to be fully lit.

Erebus45 and Legocreator2013 like this.
  8. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I've personally never had this happen to me! Use a torch! Light it up! Boom gone! Who likes a dark basement anyways??

9. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Well, as I said in the previous comment, some places need to be more gloomy or dark to convey a better feel of the setting. As mentioned above, our spawn dome is dark in some places, thus bats spawn. However I'm not in favor of adding more light as it would make the dome seem smaller and less grandiose.

SuperDyl and Blue_Marlin like this.
  10. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

While it is annoying, this would require messing deeply within the plugins. If we really tried to do this, it could drastically damage any number of plugins. Denied!