1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Australian Meepcraft

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Magikarp, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Magikarp

Magikarp Well-Known Meeper

Look I've been playing for a while now and I think Meep is half decent. But being Australian a lot of the time Meep is impossible to play. Because the server is hosted in America us Australian's have a hard time coping with the lag. If it is possible (which I don't know if it is) have a dual host. One in America and one in Australia that way the Aussies won't have the lag we have now. I don't know if this is possible like I said before but if there is it's worth putting a suggestion in for. Not only would it reduce lag but it would bring in a lot more people from Australia and get the server thriving like it was a couple years ago.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  2. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

+1 Think that would be a very good idea if you know were Chicago and Maine are the meep servers are in Chicago and I'm in Maine and sometimes I still get lag so I can't imagine what it would be like for you. But meep is a business so they might not because of the money it would cost

3. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

What about Europe?

cooey, FatIsNoob, 2leah2 and 7 others like this.
  4. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

-1. this is not a good idea from a business standpoint.

5. DiamondTigerTD

DiamondTigerTD Popular Meeper

this is not going to happen. Fuzzlr is not going to spend extra money so a few meep players can have less lag. -1

evilalec555 likes this.
  6. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

Australian server's are VERY VERY expensive to host in, this is not a great idea, cheapest server's around the oceania area I believe is papa new guinea, but still this is not a great idea.

7. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

It would cost a lot of money, and would only help like 4-5 players. Seems like a bad business move to me.

8. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

4-5, lol

Anyway, -1, I don't lagg at all almost and I'm from Australia.

cooey, Airzos, SX1 and 4 others like this.
  9. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

This might be nice, but I don't believe dual-hosting is possible for one server, and more populous areas would be catered to first (EU). If that did happen, it would probably be a separate server anyway.

Joe22FTW and n00bslayer_99 like this.
  10. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

btw i live in michigan, pretty close to chicago where its hosted and i get server lag from meep

11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Oi, I'm in MI too. How bout that lead?

12. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

Would be a tremendous waste of money and be an even worse idea than paying $3,000 for easily built spawns. In order for Fuzzlr or Onis to even consider this, they would have to get the NA servers 10 times better than what they are now. It's a business move, 90% of the players are from NA,

13. KaiUsesThis

KaiUsesThis Celebrity Meeper

We aren't even hitting our monthly donation goal last time I checked. Don't see how this would be viable at this time.
    Good idea though.

14. DangitAnas

DangitAnas Vraiment n'importe quoi !

Well if they ever think about Australia, they should start with Europe first. But I think it's impossible task

15. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

My point exactly

16. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

I don't think you get more or less lag than others. I live in Europe and lag isn't even that bad :3
    This is a good idea though.

17. vrohan

vrohan Celebrity Meeper

LOL 4-5 players xD. Silly americans.

18. anikin ultimate

anikin ultimate Popular Meeper

I mean, this will be pretty expensive to buy and keep. I understand where you're coming from though. But it's not necessarily because of the host but it could be your wifi too. So because of this I give it a -0.5. The only problem, is that it's expensive.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 7, 2016 ---
    And also this means people in EU would want one too. I'm half way around the world and I hardly experience lag

19. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Impossible, they would literally have to double the servers, etc and host them physically in that region. This means double the resources for upkeep, double the resources to purchase the equipment. I'd assume hosting fees are high there too, considering how horrible AUS net is.

You'd probably have better luck petitioning your government to get some better net.

20. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

While the thought's there, it just isn't feasible... If some aussies don't lag at all and you do, it may just be you, too.