1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied Are you kidding me?

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by ProudZiggy, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProudZiggy

ProudZiggy Meeper

IGN (In-Game Name): ProudZiggy
    Date/Time: 02/15/14, 7:43 or so
    Reason: Hate language
    Ban Length: 3 days
    Staff Member: bluecarneal

Why we should consider your appeal: I was banned for saying hateful language, yes I accept that. What I do not accept is that the reason I said it goes unpunished. I get betrayed in centrum, say a single word "bad" word, and I'm banned for 3 days while I'm the one who was victimized in the first place? Give me a break! I have no history of using hate language, nor have I ever committed any other crimes.

This is my favorite server, for god sake I've already been done an injustice, lower the ban from 3 days please. How can this get more ridiculous..

-Ziggy

2. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

I would be happy to investigate the betrayal if you could give me some details. Betrayals are considered luring.

3. mistressmacabre

mistressmacabre Popular Meeper

4. MeepStats

MeepStats Legendary Member

The original incident is not unpunished, as you put it, but merely still pending. Regardless of whatever instigation you claim provoked your statement, that language is not tolerated on this server, especially when used in a derogatory manner in direct reference to another player.

Jiltism likes this.
  5. ProudZiggy

ProudZiggy Meeper

Yes, well since there is no conclusive evidence to prove the incident is indeed true, it'll most likely go unpunished. If we're going to get technical with evidence though, there is no evidence that I directly said the derogatory word to oscarhouston, nor is there evidence that I wasn't referring to a stack of sticks, also known as f-g-ts or f-gs. :rolleyes:

6. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

Here is the flawed logic in your argument:
    The term you are describing for a stack of sticks has not been used since 1590 when it became a derogatory term originally meant for women. In the United States and many other countries that term has been used as a slang word to describe homosexuals. This slang word has been used since as late as 1910. And if you're planning to argue that you were indeed calling him a stack of sticks, because you are obviously from the 16th century or before, on what planet is calling someone a stack of sticks a reasonable thing to do? Its not. And if you're going to try arguing the other side of this, which is cigarette, its not even spelled the same! So, unless you are from before 1590, I don't think you're going to be able to argue that term.

7. ProudZiggy

ProudZiggy Meeper

Oh yeah you know me, got stuck in that time machine back in the 14th century. Guess I need to get caught up on appropriate modern day language. ;)

Might as well reject this ban appeal, nothing seems to be going my way. Betrayed, banned, and beaten; what a great couple days for me.

8. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

This appeal is denied. Hateful language is not taken lightly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.