1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Are Meepcraft Staff Corrupt?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by CryogenicNewt05, May 9, 2018.

?

Are Meepcraft Staff corrupt?

1. Yes

28.1%
  2. No

75.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

There have been several instances of supposed staff corruption on Meepcraft. The most notable example is where Fuzzlr accepted a bribe (approximately $3,000) to temporarily unban Hornemans. This is fairly obvious, considering bribery is a crime, not just on meep, but in real life law. However, there are seemingly true rumors (if you don't speak American English screw you) suggesting the staff changed the rules so that they could unban him. This decision is really controversial in the meep community, as the people have demanded an explanation.

When something like that happens in the meepcraft community, the staff are usually hesitant to say stuff. However, this instance is happening on seemingly generic stuff too, like accepted suggestions. For example, my suggestions, such as towny war and vote swords, have been accepted, yet no information has been shared by the staff (e.g. progress, possible release, etc.) on these suggestions, or suggestions similar to them.

Staff also seem to be biased against lower ranked people, mostly because they have less perks and because they are not productive, in their opinions.

The staff don't really seem to make any progress on malfunctioning plugins, yet they say those bugs have a Trello card, however we have not heard any progress (an example of this is the malfunctioning voting plugin).

Another example of corruption is that the staff seemingly are abusing their power. Take CluelessKlutz, a server administrator, for example. While no one ever sees him ever getting materials, he somehow manages to keep his balance and manages to increase the amount of stuff he has in his store, /pwarp stuff. This suggests that he is duping to get his materials.

Seriously, Meepcraft? That's not how server staff do their jobs.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

You do realize that didn't happen and horne was rebanned
    Jesus christ

qazini, iKitten, Klitch and 11 others like this.
  3. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

??? does a rat deliver your news? ??

Anyways staff is definitely corrupt, when I was staff I would follow people as a /dis chicken and mess with them. Lots of money laundering, lots of illegal pet trading /s

ALSO for the RECORD cluelessklutz owns one of the biggest, if not The biggest, town on meep so you can log right off bucko

qazini, SuperDyl, iMelXP and 8 others like this.
  4. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

I know that, but still

5. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Whew, good thing they didn't notice my spawned in money.
    [​IMG]

Enron, Shellcode, SuperDyl and 27 others like this.
  6. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

first off, surprised you have the audacity to come out and post this makes me really wonder about you sometimes

if i were to answer your question i would say no, what you've asked is meepcraft staff corrupt? simply put no, i know some of the staff and they are great all around people let me tell you that, on the other hand there are some power hungry staff members out there but i wont go into names, regarding the situation it was a select few members so i've been told, which does not sum up all of the staff team, mistakes of one does not reflect to the staff team as a whole, but to themselves in my opinion
    --- Double Post Merged, May 9, 2018, Original Post Date: May 9, 2018 ---
    futhermore, not all staff can write in javascript

7. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

Oh boy this is a biggie.

Fuzzlr did not accept a private bribe from Hornemans (and if it did, it sure wouldnt be against the U.S. law, are you kidding?) and, although I disagree with the Hornemans unban and how it was handled, you cannot blame the entirety of the staff team for it.

We actually receive a fair amount of information about updates and plugins in global or in forums posts, but I guess there aren't currently enough staff who can fix these issues and implement these suggestions according to your specific time frame, which doesn't seem to be a very reasonable one.

I honestly have never seen an instance of this ever, and I am online regularly almost every single day. Is there a specific scenario you're thinking of?

What? No.

Everything except for the first item (which is still severely misinformed) you mention seems to be completely fabricated tbh. If you are going to make such a controversial post, you really need a controversy behind it.

SuperDyl and ekjhgekuie like this.
  8. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

free hornemans

Fire_Wolf04 likes this.
  9. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

In absolute seriousness, it is time to put this to rest.
    As said in the other thread, there was no bribe, the rules were not changed in his favor, and he was rebanned after the miscommunication. End of story.
    I'd highly suggest working towards determining sarcasm in good humor from actual information. The idea of no one being with me while I gather materials stems from conversations in my town chat.

I maintain my balance, town, and administration position for one reason, and one reason only: It's fun. Forgive me for any perceived abrasiveness in regards to this, but I have worked day in and day out on this server. Personally, I have logged on every single day for the previous two years. . . every single day. . . to some platform of the server, the only days I've missed being in-game directly are those when the server was down for the 2017 reset. In this two years, I have tried my absolute best to improve the server. Granted, I have made mistakes along the way; it's all part of it. As of my writing of this, I have completed several thousand modreqs, participated in the creation of more than thirty editions of the Meeptimes, written the outlines for dozens of projects around the server, attended all but two staff meetings, been present at every single interview save for one, written dozens of suggestions, overseen many projects from start to finish; such as tutorial; Halo's new spawn and map updates; the new towny spawn; and more, and above all tried to make playing on Meepcraft an enjoyable experience. This isn't a list to brag about myself. It's just an example of what one person on this staff team puts into trying to make it enjoyable to play on. Not to mention, this is a volunteer staff team. There are absolutely zero rewards for any member of the staff team, and we intend to keep it that way. At the end of the day, it has always been about giving back to the server, and making it a pleasure for everyone else.

It is far from easy to find the balance in being a member of the staff team and also a player. First and foremost, I remain as a player as well as a staff member. In my experience, the best way to decide on what works best for the server is to play it for yourself. Every step of the way, the struggles anyone in the community has have also been mine. When we went through the 2017 reset, I lost hundreds of hours of work, and the deep memories of the experiences I had within it right along with everyone else. I grinded with my friends mining in mesas for gold in order to found our first town. We laughed and cried together when weather was re-enabled unexpectedly and our beautifully paved roads were buried in a blizzard. Drilling away underground, I mined up the iron, diamonds, redstone, and more to build with. Every cent of my balance has been earned the same as everyone else. Voting, grinding jobs, playing minigames, completing quests, selling items, building machines, and all the rest sound familiar? Regarding my shop, I gather every single item myself, whether by creating it or purchasing it from others. As a result, my stock runs low sometimes, and things run out. All part of it. Towns like Legend don't happen overnight. Here's a picture of my town's land when we first settled it:
    [​IMG]
    Working for the previous year, many players right here on this server built their town together to live in. It's taken months upon months of work, but here's how it's come:
    [​IMG]
    All done by hand. The game is supposed to be fun, so why shouldn't it be fun to do things?

All in all, this thread is a disrespect to hundreds of thousands of hours put into this server by a volunteer staff team that only wants things to be fun. Granted there are issues, but aren't there always with any group of people? Simpy give it a rest. The more time that has to be put into dealing with inanity, the less gets put into making the server better for all of us.

10. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I will break it down for you sweetheart.
    • Paragraph 1
    I wish that was the case of bribery, could've hoped for a partial amount of that be invested into the half working serverand the rules were not changed so he can be unbanned since the same rule broken is still there.
    • Paragraph 2
    If staff are seemingly hesitant to speak on matters it's because they do not know the full situation themselves, publicly speaking when you are unaware of a situation yourself will cause more negatives. Furthermore when it comes to generic matters like suggestions I myself and numerous others have said the API plugin is being worked on and is the top priority, there is so much that can be done with one tech.
    • Paragraph 3
    Our staff is welcoming and helpful to low ranked players the same amount as the highest. Yes they have less perks because it is an insentive to go to the next but if you look at recently added or modified perks you will see the lower ranks are the ones that have benifited most in recent times. There are plans for a boost in what players reveive that will benefit high and low ranking players such as gadgets and possibly pets to ensure you get more enjoyment from the money you put towards the server.
    • Paragraph 4
    Yes there are Trello cards and a section in slack for issues on the server, some are able to be fixed immediately and others not so quickly. I will put it into simple terms as to why the API is so important right now, we will be able to implement additions easier without them breaking so much, minigames alone are not possible to add right now for example.
    • Paragraph 5
    We have this super cool feature called a chestshop plugin, this allows players to create stores through signs and chests. We also have a plugin that allows players to create player warps and when buddied up with a players chestshop if the pwarp remains popular you can make a lot of meebles which is the servers currency. Not only that but if you buy and sell prices are liked by most you will have a self sustainable inventory where items are flowing constantly to and from the chest itself. Voting also grants a lot of money so take advantage of it before it's modified! Thought I'd be the first under fire for corruption since I joke about it 24/7 but in all seriousness Cluelessclutz is a nice person and would not do such things due to his morals.

I'm all fun and games but there is no need to target other children and see no reason to bash those putting time and effort into a server that has minimal investment and do not receive anything in return. I for one continue because there are those play this server as a getaway from problems in life and am happy to dedicate my time on this server to benifited theirs.

11. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

no u

meepcraft staff are corrupt because a certain @DarkKnight49x jailed his own son countless times with the /jail command and everything became corrupt because he's a dum
    b O

jktho

meepcraft sfaff arent corouput

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  12. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

qazini, Math_Pro, SuperDyl and 18 others like this.
  13. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

SuperDyl and GroovyGrevous like this.
  14. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

Yes staff are corrupt they keep baneing me

SuperDyl and EllieEllie like this.
  15. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

ok 1. the Community Developers, Techs, and LordInateur himself have all said MANY MANY times that development on new plugins is halted until the new API (dubbed "Backbone") is implemented. In fact, the api is done and we are waiting for lord to add it. So development on things like towny wars has not even been started, if you need my answer again talk to Clue (towny wars lead).
    Add to this situation that lord is in college has a job and yet still finds time for meep, hell he even moved this Sunday so if you want information, here it is: Until the new API is in there will be NO development on ANY suggestion/trello card/whatever the hell you think should be added. If you want to get things developed for you then learn java and apply for tech.

16. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

all staff are corrupt, what are u talking about
    did u not know the secret password that lets u buy a urban from them? or the code needed to find out someone else's ip? or especially the box that staff receive daily that they can give u for free

staff are corrupt

i approve

17. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

I thought this was a meme thread ;-;

save it for staff comments

qazini, Toostenheimer, Adrian and 6 others like this.
  18. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Like if you cried

19. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

im sorry I have to laugh

SuperDyl and bloodyghost like this.
  20. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

>A community blows up a situation before they’re informed.
    >Community gets informed (even though they don’t need to be. Because ban information has been private for nearly forever).

Sure, the situation blew up before it could be properly maintained, and it was explained in multiple great posts on that thread by staff members.

Staff have this big mighty cloud hanging over their heads called leaking. You go mess around in the cloud and stuff comes out, you get demoted. When staff talk about a lot of stuff behind the scenes, it’s hard to avoid leaking. We’re volunteers, and players just like anyone else. I don’t really fancy leaking staff chat to break the rules and explain the specifics on a ban on someone, when that isn’t any of our roles (nor was it completely explained to some of us).

What do you want us to say on suggestions? I can see if you maybe want more in the denied section, but “Accepted” means it’s been accepted, I don’t see what the issue with a simple “Accepted” is. That great Trello you mentioned also had progress updates on projects, but as someone else already mentioned, API needs updated.

I love when people say we’re biased. Explain. Point me to a situation in which a higher ranked player gets preference over a lower ranked player. Let me grab a tissue for everyone who wakes up today and wants to be the victim. There isn’t bias, it’s ensured by the staff rules. Honesty, look at the perm bans and even the blacklists.

Also, staff are not allowed to handle situations involving themselves. So it’s already dissuading just by the system.

You should probably look into situations before you go calling someone corrupt with absolutely 0 evidence. Of all the people you could have accused, clueless has played an insane amount of hours, runs the largest town on the server since the reset (and the town members do loads of everything). And the guy is a red stone god, he can make an automatic farm for just about anything that can be automated. If anything, the man deserves applauded for the absurd amount of efforts, not accused of cheating.

Take for granted an amazing team you have for this server instead of insulting it with accusations and 0 proof.