1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Architect Application from Teddypines

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by teddypines, Apr 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddypines

teddypines tendie enthusiast

Member Name Teddypines

Additional In Game Names: N/A

How old are you? 15

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 2-5

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 3-5

Have you ever been architect or builder on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's AdrianBFaust

Introduction: Hello there. We meet again. I'm Comarch right now. I've built some more things, definitely learnt a lot, and I'm applying for regular arch.

I joined Meep in October of 2016 (I think). I joined a couple different towns, even made one myself. I was a pretty cringey kid back then (and probably still am) but I sure did have a good time. Come reset I joined up with New London. That fell after a few months. I ended up creating a few towns with various people. Most of those failed. I haven't had good experience in management (yet!). But I've still had a good time all the way through.

Now I'm with Legion, struggling to get up to date on dungeons. Oh well.

Why should you be Architect? First of all, I have good building skills. You can look at those pictures for proof. Second, I've demonstrated that I'm capable of working on projects through Comarch. Refer to pictures to see some of the things I've worked on.

What builds have you completed on the server and where might they be located? Since my last app, I've built various maps and miscellaneous projects. They're in the Comarch world. Also, I've helped build donator spawn and arcade spawn (/spawn and /warp arcade).

You can still see some of my other builds in Towny. Probably my favorite Towny build I've worked on is Aureum (-7500/60/500). It used to be a town, now it's a Legend outpost.

Most of my creative plots also have various things I've built.

Everything else is either on a creative server (that isn't Meep) or Legend's development server.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I've learned a lot from building with various people, and I'd love to help even more with whatever Archs do all day.

How much experience do you have using Voxel and Worldedit? A working knowledge. I can use utility brushes to save time and I've advanced my knowledge of terraforming, as well as for help regarding structures.

Build Picture Uploads:

Build Picture Link: Imgur

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    agnd, bloodyghost, riri30 and 8 others like this.
  2. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

So, I know nothing about being Arch, but could you elaborate on your introduction and why you should be Arch? I know builds and work as ComArch are probably more important, but I think it can be important for the community to see those responses. BTW, not speaking as staff.

3. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Hey teddy,
    It's been a pleasure working with you as a ComArch and I 100% think that you are ready for Arch. But as I'm sure you know, on applications, community feedback is considered. A lot of people viewing this app may have no idea who you are, so it is important to introduce yourself as a person, not just a builder. Feel free to edit your app, and please do message me if you have any questions.

Goodluck, Teddy!

4. ProofMan

ProofMan Active Meeper

what does it matter who he is he can build +1

5. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

Your builds look nice

BTeets, qazini and jcbetro1011 like this.
  6. jcbetro1011

jcbetro1011 Celebrity Meeper

Does the consistent 15-30 player "community" really need to know the guys life story? He proved through his pictures and ComArch work what he's capable of, why does he need to write a whole autobiography? Just promote him and let him build it's really not that deep...

+0.69 from me bro good luck

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    nhjed, BTeets, smk and 8 others like this.
  7. ekjhgekuie

ekjhgekuie Celebrity Meeper

Teddypines. Top notch guy. Mayor of Tendietown. Excellent mayor! Fantastic builds. Nothing but greatness! No complaints! Superb architect!

teddypines, Meznik and qazini like this.
  8. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

Still think you can improve as a few assets have been reused. Which isn’t a bad thing. I still think that donation spawn can be improved the first floor is pretty baron. You show great skill in terrain and you have good knowledge of map layout but some of the building inside is very minimal for example that cylinder green room. Trouble is I think you have built to the meep texture pack? And you have to remember that most will use vanilla texture pack so needs to look great in both. I had trouble with this in laser as we had random pumpkins everywhere as they were the only blocks we could use to animate.
    The bridge in your map looks great too. You work fast and are very good at working in a team, also going on your own is not a problem.

90% from me gl.

Adrian, teddypines, Meznik and 3 others like this.
  9. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Not entirely sure why my comment before was removed as it was informative to this application. If it was the butt word you could’ve easily edited the comment.

This comment is incorrect as the communities input has not been considered when looking at applications. Like ever, and should never. The communities input can inform the staff of how they feel but it’s not *considered* in voting.

As for the application itself, it’s weak and could use help. However, your builds are really good and if you’ve shown your dedication to the team I see no reason to not promote you to an actual staff position.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  10. teddypines

teddypines tendie enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.

I originally elected not to go very in depth in my introduction due to the fact that I had already done so on my other arch app (which I made roughly a month ago). This may have been shortsighted, especially considering that many players have joined/rejoined since then. I've edited this one to include more details about me personally, as well as my previous builds, as included in my previous app. Here's the link to that:

Architect Application from Teddypines

Thanks!

11. Candy_Master

Candy_Master The Canadian Candy

-1 you are an okay builder but I feel a lot could be improved like details in your builds, more variation, more unique builds, and a few other things. The pictures you presented in the old app and current app wasn't as impressive as it should be, and could have been. For example the arcade spawn was basic, and the slot machines was reused after OhDraqq had built them I believe, or the walls on some builds were empty and repeated too much.

12. Doctor_HarD

Doctor_HarD Popular Meeper

Hi Teddy,

I have looked through your builds and I am writing this completely based upon them. It looks as if your builds are mostly terraforming related. On that side of your building, I think it can have some improvement. On most of them it seems like you just have random stone bricks placed places. None of them seem to have much fluidity throughout them. The donor spawn in my opinion looks very bland and needs more details. On your larger buildings, I think they also lack a bit of detail and do not have the BOOOOM factor I think is necessary for architect.

Overall, I think you are on the right path with building but could use some more practice and skill before becoming an architect on Meep.

-1 from me.

teddypines and Pmx728 like this.
  13. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

Not entirely sure if my input matters, but judging by the pictures alone I'd give you a chance.

14. Exiarules

Exiarules Meeper

Great guy, super good team oriented person +1

qazini likes this.
  15. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

no Tod no
    pinecones why would you do this
    why tod the pinecone, why are you doing this
    please tod why why

+1 you've gradually improved since the past things I've seen, and I think you'd be a great fit for arch. If not, com arch isn't a bad position and will only strengthen any future applications you submit. Good luck, Space Pinecone.

qazini, Adrian and teddypines like this.
  16. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Accepted!

CluelessKlutz and qazini like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.