1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Architect Application from alex77034

Discussion in 'Denied' started by alex77034, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Member Name alex77034

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? 18

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 3 - 5 combined

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 5 - 7 hours combined

Have you ever been architect or builder on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's riri30
    teddypines

Introduction: Hey guys! As you know, my name is Alex, and I am a traveling enthusiast who lives in Chicago. I enjoy cooking with a lot of my friends and family and I also share a hobby in painting. In the summertime I love to garden to help provide me with the herbs and vegetables I use to cook with. Gardening helps me to save money and also was a hobby I could connect with a long time ago. In between school years or whenever I have time to myself I love to go places near and afar to create new memories. In times of my busyness I have an interest in Biology and am hoping to further study that field. My interest in Biology began freshman year in high school and soon manifested itself into what became a lot of my life a few years later. Although I like to study and work hard at most of these hobbies I believe the most important part of life is to spend time with the people around you through balancing work time and time with friends.

I've been playing meepcraft for quite a long time and have been a past architect too. I hope that soon I can slowly re-enter that position and can lend a hand when I'm available.

Why should you be Architect? I want to become an architect again because it's a position I miss more than I thought I would. The break was nice and is still needed in some areas of my life but I believe I can start building when I'm available. That being said, I hope I've gained the opinion in most staff member's eyes that I still deeply care about the staff team through thick and thin. I'm always enthusiastic to start building and planning new projects to make sure that the ball keeps on rolling and rolling towards future goals. I'm a hard worker and sometimes more eager than need to work at times too. I find communication essential while working on the arch team and love to hear staff input when finishing projects. I try asking myself: "What can I improve on?" and "What else could be done next time around?"

On a different note though, I think it's important to bring up that I'm willing to tone it down. When I was on the staff team and now that I've resigned, I've often been way too critical of staff members and I usually think that I always know which way we should go. Granted, I still do have my opinions on the way certain things should be run especially on the arch team, but if I come back I want to bring that down and ease it up a tad. Like I said, I'm still busy and can't build as hastily as I used to earlier this year but I hope I can contribute once again in this time when we don't have a lot of architects. Besides the way I've acted I want to reach out and go for another ride with all of you.

TLDR: I want to tone it down, be chill, and start building again for the server. ;-).

What builds have you completed on the server and where might they be located? Most of the builds I have are deserted in the arch world. (Which, by the way, I still have homes in LOL @Cluesslklutz).

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: I'm a happy happy camper!

I didn't spend too much time building or preparing for this application because I want to jump right back in. If any of you doubt my building skills lol I'll whip something up for you.

How much experience do you have using Voxel and Worldedit? A hefty sum of knowledge!

Build Picture Uploads:

Build Picture Link: Here are some builds that I've completed and done outside of meep: Zoom Zoom
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 3, 2018 ---
    I just noticed that my last application a year ago was posted on this same day. Nifty, huh?

Shellcode, cooey, qazini and 9 others like this.
  2. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

You’re an obvious +1 and we really need architects

3. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

xd how was your vacation m8
    +100000000000000000000000000000000000

FamousZAmos and iKitten like this.
  4. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

36 outa 10

+1

agnd likes this.
  5. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

+1 of course, you're the perfect example of what an arch should be.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    FamousZAmos likes this.
  6. alex77034

Thanks all!

iKitten, _EggsBenedict_ and Pmx728 like this.
  7. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

Definetely a plus one, great builder

riri30 likes this.
  8. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

You've been kinda bitter lately but I believe your skills would benefit the server a lot. +1

SpongeyStar, riri30 and Achrow like this.
  9. alex77034

I’ve realized this and am not going to deny it, which is why I put it in my application. When I resigned I felt the need to express my opinions at large on more of an unfiltered level. I’ve never been toxic but the majority of my statements have been too critical because I wanted to get across some of the opinions that I buried for a while. That being said though, if I make it back on the team I really just want to build and help when I can and especially tone it down. I want to do the job when it needs me and not be over burdensome lol.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 4, 2018 ---
    Thank you GrevousGroovy

10. ekjhgekuie

ekjhgekuie Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Why didn't you post this in "Accepted"

_EggsBenedict_, agnd and alex77034 like this.
  11. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I will be a +1 if you are able to show versatility in your builds, there is only so many box shaped buildings we can have until it's repetitive and I'm certain you already know that was my peeve last time, also want to see you steer away from the medieval style. I understand we have our preferences but that was something that clashed last time with a few of the architects because everyone man and their dog is a medieval builder.

iKitten, alex77034, riri30 and 2 others like this.
  12. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

If I can also add to this, your builds are good but have wayyy to much detail packed into places where you could do without or variety of colors is very distracting from the actual build like your custom ground/grass.

13. alex77034

Yeah, I can agree with this. That’s why I tried to move away from that tendency during the spring event. I wanted to learn how andrew did the animals he created and how his builds (whether simple or complex) could have more of the flow I needed. I made progress by making the dog in the event and some of the other objects in the garden. I’m hoping on my own time I can continue to develop this. Thank you!

Do you have any preferences as to what you want to see be less boxy?
    I agree. Those builds were from a bit ago, though while I’m happy with how most of the houses look a lot of the wall designs are crushed in and need ‘breathers’ or bare space. With the new castle model that teddy and I have been making for our town, I also hoped to work on this by not packing in so much of that detail and letting the base color: red, shine.

Thanks for this advice! I’ll most likely add a build or two more!

agnd and lanekids40 like this.
  14. Enron

Enron Celebrity Meeper

+1 to your app but it'd be REAL NICE if we could get some architects that specialize in something other than "overcomplicated pseudo-medieval with every wall coated in stairs" for once

agnd likes this.
  15. alex77034

I’ve been working on some llamas and other creations so hang tight ;). I hope that in the meantime too I can get some work on a sci-fi style.

Kling and steviefiveo56 like this.
  16. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

psh, +1 Why aren't you accepted yet?

agnd, SuperDyl and alex77034 like this.
  17. alex77034

Hey guys! I'm still working on the animals, but in the meantime, I've decided to experiment with making pagodas and trying asian architecture. I'm confident in the pagoda I made so I'll keep you posted on others I try and of course the animals I promised. Thank you!

Pagodas alex77034

I've been busy lately and I didn't anticipate making much for my portfolio but in my free time I'll try to get those done. The pagoda isn't anything special but enjoy the first go at it.

SuperDyl and Shellcode like this.
  18. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

Why am I not a reffrence? ADD ME! +1

We don't need pagodas in Meep -1 (they are so fun as fireworks though I collect them xD)

Not many builds to choose from -1

I wana hire you +1

Join mooville pls +1

Final assesment +1 AGAIN JOIN MOOVILLE!

alex77034 likes this.
  19. alex77034

Sorry man, I got a town. Thanks for the offer ;).

twomoo1119, SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  20. Spiderjel

Spiderjel Popular Meeper

I don't ever talk to you and don't like you but... +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.