1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Architect Application from 0zblox

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by 0zblox, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0zblox

0zblox Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

Member Name 0zblox

Additional In Game Names: 0zblox

How old are you? 19

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 1-2

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 2-5+

Have you ever been architect or builder on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's Vexmae
    Magnoot
    Achrow
    Boombox123
    CasualCaviar
    AwesomeAdoGamer
    oKling

Introduction: Hey! My name is Oliver but in-game you will know me as 0zblox. I am 18 years old and live in England. I have a passion for building on Minecraft and I really hope to give back to the server for so many great years playing. I joined Meep in 2012 and have loved the server ever since. I have met so many friends on Meep and had so many great times. But I never really found my passion for building until a few years ago, now It is the reason I love MineCraft.
    In real life I enjoy, Football (soccer), video-games and going out with friends. But my main hobby is aviation. From a young age I loved aircraft and how they work. Now I aspire to become a pilot and now Easyjet have sponsored me to begin training within the next few years.

Why should you be Architect? As I have mentioned, I love building in Minecraft for others and I would like to share my builds on a wider scale for everybody to enjoy.
    I feel confident in my ability to build on a wide scale of themes, especially steampunk and Medieval style builds that I would like to show to the community. I feel like I would be very devoted to building for the server and I feel like I can take on any big task thrown at me.
    Some of you may know I was previously architect on the server, I have had some time off since then and I am now active again. I would really like another shot at helping the server. I hope you enjoy the builds I show you.

What builds have you completed on the server and where might they be located? Since the reset many of my builds have been wiped out but I have recently created a steampunk airship on my creative plot and have been building medieval style builds for the town of WhiteGriffin.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: .

How much experience do you have using Voxel and Worldedit? I have full experience with using Worldedit and Voxel and I have used them in many of my builds.

Build Picture Uploads:

Build Picture Link: Arch App
    WE BUILD <-

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. Achrow

Achrow Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

+1 +1 +1 You deserve Arch and i could clearly see as you built my house. +1 +1 +1

boombox123, riri30 and 0zblox like this.
  3. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Hi Oz!
    So glad you're applying !
    You're extremely kind and most importantly your builds are very beautiful and definitely architect-worthy!
    I think you would make a wondeful adition to the team.
    Massive +1 from me!

boombox123 and 0zblox like this.
  4. MiniArch_

MiniArch_ Popular Meeper

hey Olly! :)

okay so, its great to see you reapply. I personally think you meet the requirements for arch from the builds I've seen. the older builds from the older creative are great, I forgot about them lol. I would like to see some of your w/e and voxel projects if you have any.

Good luck! +1

Miniarch

boombox123, 0zblox and riri30 like this.
  5. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

Massive +1
    -Super friendly
    -Amazing builds
    -Great concentration + determination
    You deserve this so bad!!

Vexmae and 0zblox like this.
  6. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

21st of May, 2017. You claim to be 18.
    Your application from the 3rd of January 2016 ... also 18 years old. Intriguing.
    Architect Application from 0zblox

In both application, pretty much the same builds. You have done nothing else in more than a year.

No, -1.

riri30 likes this.
  7. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Although my vote was a +1, I too would like to see w/e projects added to the application

0zblox likes this.
  8. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

+1 my dude! Great builds and i would like to see more in the future! As i have a creative plot right next to you, i see your magnificent builds!

0zblox likes this.
  9. Klitch

Klitch

+1

0zblox likes this.
  10. 0zblox

It was a simple typo. Im 19.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  11. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Massive +1 :3 I'm very glad I hired you to help me with my town builds. it'd be lovely if you could grab a few pictures to show what you really do, also. try messing around with WE and Voxel and prove evidence there it'd be a massive help and boost your application! Goodluck Petal!

boombox123, riri30 and 0zblox like this.
  12. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Well, aside of the whole age matter; your original response was that you 'just realized' you were 19, why would you edit that is beyond me.

Anyways, I would love you to address the album of photos your provided. It is the same set of photos from more than a year ago except in a different order (or angle). Last time you were denied partially because of the builds. Applying again with the SAME builds takes some... courage.

0zblox likes this.
  13. 0zblox

Five out of the twelve images I provided were the same as my old application. There is nothing wrong with liking a build and showing it to those who did not see it last time because I was especially proud of it.
    Thanks for the feedback anyway.

AwesomeAdoGamer likes this.
  14. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

I love your builds. They are very detailed. Glad you applied again. I'd like to see you ding some kind of world edit or voxel of sorts. I really couldn't judge of course because I don't know how to use them myself but, you know.

+1

0zblox likes this.
  15. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

+1

0zblox likes this.
  16. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

You're builds are good, though nothing special.

A ton of people do medieval architecture, and it's nothing new. Honestly, from what I saw in your portfolio, it consisted of builds that are nice, but nothing I haven't seen before. I feel like you could of gone a little more out of you're safe zone with these. You're great at medieval builds. That's great. But can you achieve other styles? abstract builds? Larger scale ones? All your builds seem small scale too, and none of them display large scale terraforming with world edit.

Good at building? Definitely.

Unique, Different, and Good with World Edit?
    I'm not sure.

I was about to post this post, when I then saw Dockson's post about you have the same photos as last year. That's kind of cheap imo. If you applied 2 weeks - a month with those same builds, and then added a couple more, that would totally work, since it still recent and still shows your capabilities. That also shows that you haven't improved in the past year at all.

Dockson likes this.
  17. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Hello there Oliver,

So, I saw that your last application got denied because:
    "Your builds are very similar to the other archs and we need to see something different to justify another member to the large team we already have. Not that we havn't noticed a change but we still have those issues from your last time on the team to consider."

Dockson's point is very accurate. I like your builds, but I don't think I like the effort that you've put into yourself. I'm not an architecture expert, but I can surely tell you that you can improve more than if you've waited for more than a year.

Lady_Hestia and Dockson like this.
  18. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

To elaborate on Natsu's post, if the last application was denied because of similar builds, and you're using pretty much the same builds from last year, then you haven't made any strides forward to improve yourself or make changes from your last denial. See my first post for more detail.

19. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

I'm no Architect but the detail you go into is soooooooo amazing! Like dude, how o_O
    +1

Pmx728 likes this.
  20. 0zblox

WE BUILD World edit and landscaping example is finished now.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Pmx728 and riri30 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.