1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Application for Promotion

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by popemall25, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popemall25

popemall25 Popular Meeper

In Game Name: popemall25
    Skype Username: stevok25
    Teamspeak Username: popemall25
    Timezone: American Central
    Hours online per weekday: 1-5 per day
    Hours online per weekend: 5+ per day
    Position Changes: Helper to Moderator

Introduction
    Hello everyone, I'm Steve, however I'm better known as popemal25 in-game. I always try to have a sunny disposition about me and I try to be optimistic even through negativity and criticism that may be directed towards me. I have played Minecraft for a couple of years, but only started multi-player after the first year. I have been with the community of this server since last year in October and have enjoyed most of that time.

Why I should be Moderator
    I have been a helper now for quite a while as many of you have noticed. I've been doing modreqs and helping those who come to me in /msg. It has been my first experience with the Helper position, and quite humbling after being an Officer in MeepNetworks. I had the experience of being under the watchful eye of those that I was once leading. It is an experience I don't regret. However, in being a Helper, I have come across many issues that I had no authority or the correct permissions to deal with, although I knew full well how to deal with them. I have realized that I could have a lot more potential to become an even better staff member if I had a higher position. Instead of handing these issues over to the Moderators or higher, I could deal with them myself, creating a lighter workload for my superiors and in so doing, making the server management more effective and efficient.

I can deal with most any problem that is thrown my way in a mature and responsible fashion. I believe I have proven this in my actions so far in my current position. I do joke around, but I know when to hold it in. I always challenge myself and put effort into learning new things. I can learn fast and still contain the knowledge I receive without losing it after a search.

Weaknesses: Although I do possess strengths and qualities, I am not without my own weaknesses. I tend to get slightly upset when my reputation receives a dent. I also have a tendency to complain about minor pet peeves to certain people.

Conclusion: I believe I am ready for the Moderator position as I have the experience, and am willing to put effort into making this position count to both the staff and the server alike. I am mature and responsible, and know how to get things done. I put effort into what I do and try to leave people happy and content with my work. Thank you for considering this application and for taking the time to review it.

The one and only,
    popemall25

2. ReadingRockstar

ReadingRockstar Popular Meeper

I believe that you are more than ready for moderator. Your application was so-so, and I really love some of the points you made.

+1

3. Will_1688

Will_1688 Meeper

(Plus) Forum activity is okay. Still try to improve it though.
    (Plus/Neutral) The application was okay, although I believe providing some more examples might have strengthened the application.
    (Plus) In-game Reputation is pretty good.

Overall : + 1
    I wish you the best of luck!

4. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

Absolutely, your months of staff work has more than shown you are qualified for this position.

5. thebpupwolf

thebpupwolf Active Meeper

Of course and I'm +1 -- you're a phenomenal staff member who deserves this promotion.

My only question is why did you go from Officer to Helper? You were doing so well as Officer, I don't understand the demotion ...

Either way, you deserve to be at least promoted to Moderator. Good luck :)

6. popemall25

It wasn't a demotion. It was a resignation due to a busy schedule. It looked like I was going to be far busier than I actually am now. That is why I'm back in the staff.

thebpupwolf likes this.
  7. Theawesomechief

Theawesomechief Popular Meeper

I'm no staff member, but I love this app. It doesn't need explanations. +1

8. Gh05t

Gh05t Popular Meeper

It's hard to look at this app without being biased and posting five pages of +1's and YES PLEASE! But I have to be unbiased, especially for friends. But +1 nonetheless. Very talented, calm, and patient with problems. My only advice is that you should, as Will said, givf more examples, and talk a little bit more in shout. You aren't as well known as other staff, because you mostly kept quiet and neutral, and were one in many MN staff. In short, talk a little bit more, pompell.

popemall25 likes this.
  9. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

First, your application. I loved a lot of the points you've put into it, and I'm really excited that you're coming back to the next level. You clearly put time, thought, and effort into this app, something you were known for in your staff tenure on MN. So far, you've gone at this new job with nothing but a positive attitude and hard work. I'm all for ya. +1

10. Tsong-Jien

Tsong-Jien Popular Meeper

Personally I don't see why Helper even exists. If responsibility is delegated to individuals and they pass screening, why make them unable to deal with kicks/bans/that kind of thing off the bat? It's kind of a "middleman" position that, especially in the "new" server after the second Fall, doesn't seem to be entirely necessary in existing.

Otherwise I think it is good to note that popemall25 is a helpful Helper who gets around to his modreqs quickly and finishes them and stuff.

MrJoe223 and Gh05t like this.
  11. jmchugh2014

jmchugh2014 Popular Meeper

+1, always a trusted staff member who made little to no mistakes.

12. popemall25

I appreciate the positive feedback everyone. It really means a lot to me :)

Gh05t likes this.
  13. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: popemall25
    Skype Username: stevok25
    Teamspeak Username: popemall25
    Timezone: American Central
    Hours online per weekday: 1-5 per day
    Hours online per weekend: 5+ per day
    Position Changes: Helper to Moderator

Introduction
    Hello everyone, I'm Steve, however I'm better known as popemall25 in-game. I always try to have a sunny disposition about me and I try to be optimistic even through negativity and criticism that may be directed towards me. I have played Minecraft for a couple of years, but only started multi-player after the first year. I have been with the community of this server since last year in October and have enjoyed most of that time.

Why I should be Moderator
    I have been a helper now for quite a while as many of you have noticed. I've been doing modreqs and helping those who come to me in /msg. It has been my first experience with the Helper position, and quite humbling after being an Officer in MeepNetworks. I had the experience of being under the watchful eye of those that I was once leading. It is an experience I don't regret. However, in being a Helper, I have come across many issues that I had no authority or the correct permissions to deal with, although I knew full well how to deal with them. I have realized that I could have a lot more potential to become an even better staff member if I had a higher position. Instead of handing these issues over to the Moderators or higher, I could deal with them myself, creating a lighter workload for my superiors and in so doing, making the server management more effective and efficient.

Nice demo of previous experience.

I can deal with most any problem that is thrown my way in a mature and responsible fashion. I believe I have proven this in my actions so far in my current position. I do joke around, but I know when to hold it in. I always challenge myself and put effort into learning new things. I can learn fast and still contain the knowledge I receive without losing it after a search.

You act maturely even in /msg
    Weaknesses: Although I do possess strengths and qualities, I am not without my own weaknesses. I tend to get slightly upset when my reputation receives a dent. I also have a tendency to complain about minor pet peeves to certain people.

Conclusion: I believe I am ready for the Moderator position as I have the experience, and am willing to put effort into making this position count to both the staff and the server alike. I am mature and responsible, and know how to get things done. I put effort into what I do and try to leave people happy and content with my work. Thank you for considering this application and for taking the time to review it.

The one and only,
    popemall25

On the shorter side, but it was sweet. Good luck! (+1)

14. 00000

00000 Guest

Uh yes

15. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

I have had the chance to work with you and feel you are a great add to this staff team. + 1

Accepted for Interview!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.