1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Allow banners to be more than six steps!

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Istas_Sani, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Istas_Sani

Istas_Sani Celebrity Meeper

I've been finding that the best Minecraft banners require more than six steps to create.

To improve the meep economy, I, and others,would like to be able to create more customized and intricate banners. I have a banner shop that could use a boost. Some of the patterns I would like to create have 13 to 15 steps. I'm not sure where the 6-step limit on creating banners comes from, but a review or explanation of this policy would be appreciated.

Let creativity rule the day!

cooey likes this.
  2. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

This is not something Meep has put into place, the 6 layer limit is simply a Minecraft feature. Perhaps the suggestion should be modified to suggest a plugin that allows players to exceed the 6 layer limit?

Pmx728, cooey, fasehed and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

make it a ranked perk, because it's cosmetic!

4. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I understand your reasoning for removing/increasing the step limit, but there are a few factors we must consider. Firstly, the limit is a normal function of Minecraft put in place by the original code.

Just based on what I know, I'm not sure how easy it would be to expand this limit. With that in mind, I don't think this would benefit the server all too much.
    It could be, but how do you control those who get it? All it would take is one ranked player making them, and then giving to others, which eliminates the point of purchasing a rank for this feature. If we lock these items with lore that prevents ranks below the required level, it would be pointless because players could not sell them to the majority of people, therefore negating their advantage.

Bloopers likes this.
  5. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

I see your point, but there wouldn't be a need to restrict the ownership of 6+ layer banners to donors, simply restrict the ability to craft them. I'm not sure how easy this would be to code though, and I'm not sure it's even something that's worth coding. Might be too much time spent on such a small feature. (Plus, it's not like you can't make already make some pretty cool banners with the 6 layer limit)

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  6. Istas_Sani

Istas_Sani Celebrity Meeper

I don't (can't) mention other servers, but the recipes I see are from a different planet. They seem to be able to go up to 15 to 20 steps. However, this is something that is only on my wishlist; even the 6-step banners are not selling well in gamma. It's just fun to do, and I'm getting bored with six-step designs. However, I may be encouraged to "rank up" if it is a perk at a higher level. Couldn't it be coded that more than 6-step banners couldn't be reproduced? It's not that big a deal; like I said - on my wish list. By the way - LOVE "Better Call Saul"!

7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Not totally sure if this is possible, but I have added it to trello!
    Trello

8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Upon further review, this just isn't necessary or practical. We don't really have the tech resources to implement this, and it takes up a significant amount of storage space due to saving the thousands of individual crafting recipes and textures this would add. Denied!