1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Adding /random back to towny extreme

Discussion in 'Denied' started by smk, Apr 12, 2020.

1. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Add /random back to towny extreme but give it a 1 hour long cool down so people aren't abusing it; but newer players can still get far from spawn easily without having to risk death from the catapults (when they are activated).

Edit: Alternative suggestion (from Summrs): Make /random cost 1k skulls

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Tigressnerd and FatUnicornzz like this.
  2. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

How about just make it a one time use command, a new player would only ever have to use it once anyways

3. Acceleradiance

Acceleradiance Celebrity Meeper

The two cases in which I believe a random teleport would be necessary are for new players and prospective mayors. I don't think a single teleport would be sufficient for new players, as a bad spawn (such as in a big desert or in an existing town) can really discourage them from continuing to play. I'd propose something like a 24h period in which players new to extreme can /random as much as they want.

As for establishing new towns, perhaps there could be some kind of fee or simply a very long cooldown to allow players to skim through various environments for an ideal location for their town. I understand that this may be out of tune with the spirit of Extreme, but I'd personally prefer to not have so many towns near Extreme spawn.

Another alternative may be to allow any player not currently in a town to freely /random whenever they want. This obviously could lead to some abuse, but I'm just throwing some ideas out there.

smk and Meznik like this.
  4. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Screw the cooldown, make it cost 1k skulls.

BooBear1227 and smk like this.
  5. SurvivingSword11

SurvivingSword11 Celebrity Meeper

Another way to approach this would be temporary, timed PvP protection for new players. I suggested 30 minutes and outlined it in this suggestion. Please take a look and see if you agree. Not sure I would say that the ability to randomly teleport somewhere for only 1k skulls is truly “extreme”!

bloodyghost, IzzSt and Pmx728 like this.
  6. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Denied at this time!

BooBear1227 likes this.