1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Add a 5 Second Warning Ground Item Removing

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Daniel Thompson, Jul 3, 2017.

?

Should there be a "Final Warning" to ground item removal?

1. Yes, I don't want to lose valuable items that easily.

30.8%
  2. Maybe, but should be looked into.

19.2%
  3. No, 60 and 20 seconds are enough.

46.2%
  4. I'm not overly sure about this.

3.8%
  1. Daniel Thompson

Daniel Thompson Popular Meeper

So ground removing helps remove any items left on the ground across the server, and to help erase the items on the floor. But the only issue that I find with this, is that there is only 60 seconds and 20 seconds till ground removal. This is something that many people don't seem to know when the 20 seconds is up, mistaken and end up losing some valuable items when they were passing it to a friend or accidently pressing q on their keyboard. With this 5 second warning would give the person enough time to stop and wait the reasonable period before resuming back to their job of clearing or mining, without losing any item they wanted or have on them. This is something that really needs to be looked into and to have some action for a final warning to ground removing. As always, this doesn't have to be what is said, but something similar to this. What do you think?

2. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

You can tell when the 20 seconds is up, so you wait till it says __ entities removed. -1

3. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

It'll be annoying to have the chat bot spam, but we should change the 20 second warning to 10 second warning, so people know to get their butts up and pick their treasures. Also it's called clear lag, as it reduces eggplant.

4. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

I hate clearlag and it needs more warnings and for those who says it's spam, IT'T THREE WARNINGS!!!! Deal with it. +1

Daniel Thompson and SuperDyl like this.
  5. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

You know what would be cool? A redesign of clearlag that only removed ground items that were outside a range of maybe a 20 block radius from your in-game person. I mean, it makes ClearLag more complicated (get every player, compute buffer zone, clear items outside that buffer zone instead of the current "scrub all teh itemzzz") but it might be worth it for people who often deal with drops.

6. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I think the best solution is this: Any items older than 20 seconds are removed at clear lag. Minecraft already tracks the age of items, so the plugin would just kill all entities that are older than 400 ticks (20 seconds). Any items dropped within the 20 second warning would be safe, but any before that would be destroyed.

FamousZAmos, EllieEllie and qazini like this.
  7. Daniel Thompson

Daniel Thompson Popular Meeper

See the problem with this is it says it "after" it occurs, not before. So when you accidentally press q like I mentioned, and that pops up, say bye bye to that item you mispressed. Also, 20 seconds are quite a long period to wait for when you don't want to waste the use of items, etc.

SuperDyl and TheTastyNacho like this.
  8. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Won't that cause more lag?

Don't get me wrong, but I LOVE irony.

9. LordInateur

The operation would be more intensive than just clearing everything, but it probably wouldn't cause lag. But I don't really feel like completely rewriting ClearLag so the five second warning would probably be a better idea (if we choose to do anything about it at all).

10. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Is ClearLag really that complicated of a program?

11. LordInateur

It's the difference between rewriting it and configuring it. I personally don't think that a mild inconvenience is worth rewriting an entire plugin that's been battle-tested. I don't mind configuring it a bit though.

12. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

Just make the final warning 10 seconds rather than 20 seconds. Some people can't count past 12. Cmon.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  13. LordInateur

Completed.

qazini, TheTastyNacho and SuperDyl like this.