1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Actual Capture the Flag.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Qaztar, Jul 17, 2015.

?

Should we bring back the old MeepColonies and make the current CTF into an actual CTF game?

1. 100% Yes!

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Sounds good with a couple of tweaks!

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. Maybe....

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. I don't think so....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 100% No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

So recently I played some CTF, and I noticed something.
    How the heck is the current CTF actually CTF?
    You stand by the enemies flag for ten seconds. Capture the flag consists of taking the flag BACK to your base! The current capture the flag is a pvp battle. There's almost no reason to play.
    I think we should be bringing back MeepColonies and actually have real CTF.
    Also, remove the healing base. Or make it not as powerful, it is OP.

2. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Can't stress how much more fun the game would be if you just break the block, your inventory is replaced by the blocks, and you run back to your own base

3. Foretvert

Foretvert The Forest King

This was the old version of the game and it's something that I miss. The current CTF is full of bugs that need to be fixed, to the point of it needing to be recoded entirely. This would be a cool throwback in my opinion.

4. Cdroid123

Cdroid123 Meeper

-1 the new ctf is a good economy source and that would diminish that and this ctf is the much funner in my opinion

5. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Good economy source? We never said anything about changing the money, that argument doesn't work.
    This ctf is a zone capturing pvp battle. It has absolutely nothing to do with the basic rules of capture the flag. CAPTURE THE FLAG, meaning bring back the flag to your zone!
    The current capture the flag is filled with noobs suiciding and pros getting diamonds and killing everyone. There is no "Capture the Flag" aspect to it.

RoyalTea, Toostenheimer and Foretvert like this.
  6. Cdroid123

Cdroid123 Meeper

I agree with you on that but the fact that it's an economy source would change if we brought the old part back

7. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Let's just bring back meep colonies or whatever the Red v Blue ctf was. That and spleef were the things that had originally kept me on the server like three years ago.

Toostenheimer likes this.
  8. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Red, Blue, Orange, and Green teams were the original. The forest and the nether pyramid in the middle.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2015 ---
    How....

OsiasJupiter and Toostenheimer like this.
  9. Cdroid123

Cdroid123 Meeper

Because the old ctf never gave meebles and many of our players rely on our new CTF for meebles but the fun factor I agree with

10. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

*facepalm* We said nothing about changing the money gained! I'm not saying at all to completely reimplement the exact same files as the old one...

Zoe89 likes this.
  11. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Yeah +1

12. electricdonkey35

electricdonkey35 Popular Meeper

Sounds like a very, very good idea +35

13. Cdroid123

Cdroid123 Meeper

Oh well okay than +1

14. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

So basically add another step that you have to run back to your base after claiming a flag. +1.

15. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Sort of. Here, im going to give an example of a game now and a game in old days.
    Now: Running, racing your team to your mineshaft to get the free iron pick, and then competing with your team to get diamond stuff. Then go on a rampage, get healing base, attack enemy team, be killed and rage quit. Or suicide at everyone you see.

Old: Building defenses high above your base, defending with bows, "Free swords in chest!" calls out a team mate. "Only take one!". People charge the enemy, swords raised high, while others jump through the trees, then jumping onto the enemy base and secretly stealing the flag. Or tunneling through the ground, shifting as an enemy finds your tunnel and moves around the corner, sneaking towards the enemy flag and going right up into their base, stealing it, and disapearing.
    No more kits. No more advantages or anything for donators, just titles like captain or commander so citizens know whos in charge. Call citizens knights so they don't feel bad.
    Block breaking and placing. Build a base around the flag, die you lose stuff. Just a forest with some hills and pools, surrounding a giant pyramid in the center which has a zone of open area around it for quick fighting and charging. Forest is thick enough to jump around on, not thick enough so you can't walk. You can mine for materials, but you have to get these materials LEGIT. No stupid chests or diamonds just sitting there. There is no reason for that, it's stupid. It's fighting against your own team.

16. Theneonyoshi

Theneonyoshi Active Meeper

+1 Because I can't even understand "new CTF'!
    By the way if you are only playing for cash, play hunger games instead, you will make a lot more Meeples because almost no one is there making the game easy for even the worst of PvPers (like me). You could also join the farmer job and plant nether wart.

Toostenheimer likes this.
  17. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

Were you even HERE when MeepColonies was a mini game? It was one of my favorite gamemodes of CTF. I loved every bit of it.
    +100

18. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

I'd hope for a version of CTF that includes multiple games going on at once, each with one team vs. another team, instead of 4 teams in a single game. CTF is a fun gamemode in almost any game.

19. kindlewing

kindlewing Popular Meeper

20. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

+1 If we can bring back the old pvp arena, we can also bring back the old CTF.

I entirely agree with what you said. The current CTF is more killing everyone and less actually getting flags.